BIBLE STUDY – WHAT IS REVIVAL?
MEMORY VERSE: Psalm 85:6: Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?
TEXT: Ezekiel 37
INTRODUCTION: The revival, is seriously needed in the house of God today. The word revival takes its root from two words Re: again, vival = Power. lt is sad to note that most of the present generation has never witnessed the supernatural working power of God. The Bible is a book of Revival. The failure to true revivals today comes from the unrepentant Christians. Dead ﬁsh floats and deep calls to deep. It is important to do everything in our capacity to ensure that true revival visits us personally and corporately.
WHAT IS REVIVAL?
- A ministry of the Holy Spirit
- Believer taking his position in Christ (1 Cor. 6:19-20)
- When the heavens are rent or tom apart (lsa. 64:2)
- Manifestation of the supernatural (1 Kings 183639)
- The breathless skeletons ﬁlled with the vibrant radiant life of God (Ezek. 37:9)
- The people of God ﬁlled with the majesty of the Shekinah glory (Exod. 40:35)
- The supernatural outbursts ofthe working of the Holy Spirit [John 3:8)
- A quickening according to God’s word.
- Increase of spiritual life
- A giving of more life
- The sick eagle receiving healing
- Breaking of bonds that enslave us
- Renewal of spiritual life
- Re-awakening of faith
- Re-awakening of spiritual life
- A new beginning
- A new beginning of obedience to God
- Preparing a holy people to meet a holy God
- To recover
- To repair
- To restore
- To revitalise
- To restore lost power
- To recover lost glory
- The church scattering, going everywhere to preach the Word (Acts 8:4)
- The saints agonizing on behalf of lost souls going to hell.
- The restoration to the backslider of the excitement, glory, power and JOY of his salvation.
- The church seated practically in the heavenlies in Christ Jesus.
- The people of God living in the power of God ungrieved and unquenched spirit.
- The church of God filled with all the fullness of God.
- The church crowding the upper room in mighty conquering, devil-binding intercession.
- The taking out of the beam out of one‘s own eye.
- The invasion of God’s people into the devil’s territory
- Turning the captivity of Zion
- Our mouth filled with laughter and our tongue with singing
- The heathen saying ‘The Lord hat done great things for them.
- Anointing of the spirit and the overﬂowing cup
- Violent taking of the kingdom of heaven by force
- Being loosed from the grave clothes of an old life
- Times of refreshing from the presence of the Lord
- The full functioning of the gifts of the spirit in our midst
- Restoration of the years the locusts have eaten
- Deliverance from prolonged spiritual infancy
- Conviction of sin
- Christians seeing their sins as leprosy to be excised
- Christians having their faith renewed
- Christians feeling unhappy with unbelievers
- Christians being in agony for individuals whom they want saved
- Christians beseeching God with strong tears to have mercy on them
- To make alive (Isa. 61:13; 63:10-15)
- To quicken
- To be whole
- To keep alive
- To make whole
- To return, to recall or to recover to life from death
- A work of God’s Spirit among His own people
- New Testament Christianity
- The saints getting back to normal
- God revealing Himself to man in awful holiness and irresistible power
- A manifest working of God that human personalities are overshadowed and human programmes abandoned
- Retiring into the background because God has taken the ﬁeld
- The Lord working in extraordinary power on saints and sinner.
- That which changes the moral climate of a community
- Community being saturated with God
- To the church, humiliation, a bitter knowledge of unworthiness and an open and humiliating confession of sin on the part of her ministers and people
- God springing a convicting surprise on his creation
- Seasons of refreshing from the presence of the Lord
- The consciousness of God
- The return to apostolic Christianity
- A terrifying blessing
it is our prayer that God will use this series of studies to cause revival in our lives.
Every enemy of my spiritual revival in my life, scatter, in Jesus‘ name.