Theme: Ready Materials For Revival
Anchored Scripture: Psalm 85:6&7, John 10:23-30, John 3
Preacher: Pastor Folashade Olukoya (Mummy G.O, MFM Worldwide)
Psalm 85:6-7: That takes us to the cry of the psalmist, his heart was yearning for revival. Revival goes hand in hand with mercy and salvation and with a cry and hunger for it.
This cry, we can see in other places in the Bible. It is our time to cry out to the Lord for this great revival that our world needs. We are in a new generation, even though it looks similar to past generation in terms of achievements and potentials. It is very sad to note that this generation have the tendency to turn its back to God if the church isn’t revived. The alter of the lord turns cold when there is no revival. That gives us a clear understanding how important our duty is as a church, government officials to cry out and earnestly seek the face of God for spiritual revival.
Satan is busy causing many problems today just as he did in generations gone by. The devil devices are working effectively more than ever before to a devastating effect. One of its most effective weapon is the social media which some people have been busy with. It is being used to lure the youths into some contrary cultures opposite of their divine destiny. There are now taught how to dress or cut hair immorally, slangs or vocabularies that cannot be found in the dictionary. This generation like other generations is heavily faced with temptations. Satan has the ply to recruit more people to himself through demonic lifestyles. Some families have packed away their prayer alters and replaced it with gossips. They have their heads bowed to smart phones and other idols of the modern day. They sit on their computer browsing from window to window like witchcraft birds and end up landing in satan’s palace.
Beloved, this is the moment of truth. We have to look into these issues otherwise it would become more messy.
Our forefathers fought evil beast tooth and nails. Those beast have descendants walking about today and starring at us in the modern day asking us to show them the weapons we have?
They ask some people, where is your weapon? The answer to it in the modern day is Artificial lipsticks, long fingernails, enlarged boobs and bumps are shown as weapons!
In our modern day or one’s life time, when one’s child start looking for how much his father or mothers tambourine cost so that he can sell it off in order to buy hemps, it is really great trouble indeed.
Many are facing these beast without weapons to fight.
Beloved, at this point; I want you to hold forth this Bible (the word of God), and declare that ‘ this word of God must not die with you in the name of Jesus!
I remember in those days during child dedication in the church, and the parent are going back to their seat. There is a song they use to sing, once (this song) it is sang, I see most of those children grow up serving God earnestly. You must pray for your children, both your biological children must continue to be victors and not victims, they shall be an extension of God’s power and glory in the name of Jesus.
The song rendition by Mummy G.O
Omo nio jogun bibeli ti mora (my children shall inherit the Bible that I bought)
Omo nio jogun oooo, ise owo mi (my child shall inherit my profitable hardwork)
It is very important that we pay our attention to the way our generation is going. God will help us in Jesus name.
For this generation to survive the tragedy that has befall it, revival is highly needed.
What are the needed materials for revival?
1. Act 3:19. Ready materials for revival are the repented.
2. They are the converted.
3. They are the blood washed believers. They have been washed thoroughly from the stains of sins.
4. New lives, changed and rearranged for revival.
Revival brings restoration. Repented sinners will see a new lease of life. When spiritual revival starts within us, it works it direction outward to cause true transformation of lives. It will stop all forms of anti Christian practices and all forms of godlessness. Having 20 churches in a street is not revival. In fact many of the ancient traditional churches are now dead. Their pews are empty on weekly bible studies. It is only filled on sundays or Christmas and new year services for people to show off their new dresses. Quite a number of churches have turned to business churches. Revelation 3:2. Many of the churches are either dead or ineffective. They may be singing or conducting all kind of service but in the eyes of the Lord Jesus Christ, they are all dead. A person may be thinking he’s alive spiritually, but from Gods perspective, the person is dead.
The revival we are asking for can truly come when we are born again. The visa to eternal life is new birth. Your key to revival you’re asking for is new birth and conversion. The natural birth we experience after coming out of our mothers womb is subject to adamic nature that has been cursed, the new birth is when you’re truly converted.
When you once gave your life to Christ and you backslides before and you’re not making a strong zeal to be reborn or give your life to Christ, you’ve not truly repented. Anyone who is not born again is a nonbeliever, they don’t understand the voice of the shepherd. Without blood in the body, it is impossible for a person to live. Once the heart stops pumping blood, a person is pronounced biologically or clinically dead. When your heart is not truly in Christ, Jesus is not in your life and one is dead spiritually. Hebrews 9:14. Signs of spiritual deadness is lack of heavenly appetite. Things like prayer, bible ready; they hate it. Dead people are insensitive to what’s going on around them.
Ways of dead works that we must avoid:
1. Being envious of the success of others.
2. Bad spiritual diet. No prayers, no word of God and no fellowship. The implication is that they will now become walking dead about.
As of the time of the apostle, we need that fire.
1. Surrender your life to Jesus.
2. Full repentance.
3. Have a rugged determination to please God.
4. Thirst and hunger after righteousness.
5. Be a man of prayer and word addict.
6. Cry out for divine encounter just like the psalmist did.
7. Brokenness is also necessary Psalm 24:18
Theme: When does revival come?.
Anchored Scripture: Ezekiel 37:1-3
Preacher: Pastor Kehinde Adegbolahan (A.G.O)
People that the word ‘sakar’ applies to:
2. They are those not functioning the way heaven wants them to function or operate. Who are these set of people? They are Christians, those who are saved. And because they are far away from heavens expectation, they’re not making impact.. Jesus said we are suppose to function as salt, as light, and as a city set on a hill. You are salt, you’re light and you’re a city. If you’re not functioning in this dimension, then you need revival. You’re supposed to be a light. You’re suppose to function as a salt.
Theme: Why Revival tarries
Anchored Scripture: Psalm 85:6, Psalm 74:9
Preacher: Pastor Adetayo (A.G.O)
These are the children of God. They noticed something was not going well with them. They had to cry to God. When joy is lost, a lot of things go wrong.
Psalm 74:9, that means no word from the Lord. When you don’t see vision, dreams, signs e.t.c. Revival tarries when you begin to move away from God, when you are spiritually lazy.
Why revival tarries:
1. When we are no longer hearing from God.
2. Revival will tarry when we no longer hunger for it.
3. When sins are condoned.
4. When we begin to exhaust self I.e when self begin to reign.
5. When prayers are no longer effective. There is no revival without prayer.
6. When the watchmen are in deep slumber.
7. When people are not ready to pay the price. Jeremiah 29:13
8. When there is no more desperation.
9. When we are satisfied with our status quo.
10. Revival will tarry when we are at ease in Zion.
11. Revival will tarry when we are lazy and indifferent to the things of God.
12. When our heart is not contrite and broken and we live the way we like.
13. It will tarry when our eyes are dry.
14. When we refuse to or avoiding the old path of denial.
15. Revival will tarry when we like the broad more than the narrow I.e the way of worldliness. Revival will tarry and broad way will lead to destruction.
16. When we allow mr flesh to take control of our lives.
17. It will tarry when the prayer alter is completely collapse.
18. When we are unrepentant.
19. It will tarry when we fail to do the necessary restitution. The evidence of genuine repentance is restitution.
If you want revival, you must wake up and do restitution by
1. Obeying scriptural instruction.
2. Paying the price God wants you to pay
3. Find time to read the Bible.