𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒
International Headquarters, Lagos, Nigeria.
Sunday Worship Service
February 13th, 2022
𝕋𝕆ℙ𝕀ℂ: THE MYSTERY OF PRAYING AMISS
𝕋𝔼𝕏𝕋: James 4:3; Psalm 65:2
𝕄𝕀ℕ𝕀𝕊𝕋𝔼ℝ: *Dr. Daniel Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide).*
If that time has not already arrived, a time will come in your life when your most desperate need is for God to answer your prayers. The time will certainly come up in every life, if it has not even come already, that your most desperate desire is for God to answer your prayers. But then, plenty of prayers go up and bring down nothing. Plenty of prayers have force, fire, power, but they bring down nothing.
There are principles of praying to get results. There are things you could do and no matter how aggressive you become, you get no results.
*>>> I am praying for somebody here that the Holy Ghost will put the engine of prayer in your life, in the name of Jesus.*
– Is the most important thing in your life.
– Is the greatest privilege in this side of heaven.
– Is the blank cheque God has given to all His children.
– Is the root, the fountain and the mother of thousands of blessings.
– Is the master strategy that God gives to you to defeat your enemies.
– Have separated wilderness.
– Have divided the Red Sea.
– Have raised the dead.
– Are more powerful than the forces that hold the planet in place.
– Can suspend the law of the universe.
There is no other power on this earth that the enemy of our souls fears and hates, as it does prayer. But there are situations when heavens become like brass. There are situations when prayer looks like hard wood.
There are times when those prayers appear to bounce back. There are times like that. Listen and listen to me very carefully here today.
The greatest satanic powers are not powers that hinder preaching. They are not the powers that hinder evangelism. The greatest satanic powers beloveth, are not the powers that drink human blood and eat human flesh. They are not the powers that hinder churches. The greatest satanic powers are the powers that hinder prayers. No wonder Jesus said _”My house shall be called a house of prayer”._
Oh, that the anointing of prayer will fall upon us. Oh, that the mystery of prayers will be open unto us, and you will see that we have been suffering for nothing.
*>>> I am praying for somebody here today: The anointing to pray to get result, the engine of accurate prayers, receive it now, in the name of Jesus.* _(A seven fold Amen)._
So the greatest satanic power on earth:
– Is the power that padlocks a person’s mouth so he cannot pray.
– Is the power that puts heaviness in a person’s heart so you cannot pray.
– Is the power that fills your heart with worry, anxiety so you cannot pray.
– Is the power arranging situations of consistent failure which gets the soul of a man to be so discouraged, so that he cannot pray.
Those are the greatest powers. What does it mean to pray amiss?
– Is praying outside the will of God.
– Is offering of prayer that is done in ignorance.
– Is like asking God to go against Himself. So anyone praying outside the will of God is doing exactly this.
And it is so easy to pray amiss. When you do not read your Bible and you do not understand what the will of God is, you do not know what the scripture has declared, you are totally ignorant about the scripture that says _”we know not how or what we should pray as we should, but the Spirit itself helpeth our infirmities and maketh intercession for us with groanings that cannot be uttered.”_
You do not know how to connect to the spirit, you do not know how to listen to the Holy Spirit, you are praying prayers.
Some do not read the Bible at all, and you are praying prayers. Many lack interest in anything Bible study and they are praying prayers. The weaker your Bible knowledge is, the weaker the power of your prayer; because the most effective prayers are prayers of _”it is written”._
So if you are here and you do not read and study your Bible, the only thing you do is pray and pray, you are praying amiss. Amiss is an interesting word. It means:
– Out of the right cause.
– Out of order.
– It is improper.
– It is wrongly done.
– It is astray.
– It is wrong.
– It is faulty.
– To be offended or misunderstood.
That is why St. James uses this word to describe plenty of prayer failures. So you could say the person who is praying amiss is simply not hitting the mark or target. So, most of the aggression he is putting in, is misfired aggression; because in prayer sometimes, what you see is not what you pray against. Look at the example of Jesus. He saw this woman in the synagogue, bent double. Any normal preacher or prayer warrior will just say _”be straight in the name of Jesus”._
But by the time Jesus looked, there was a rope tying the woman which other eyes could not see. To say “be straight” was not the correct prayer. The correct prayer was to address those ropes tying her down and so Jesus said _’woman, thou art loosed!’ And that was it._
*>>> I decree upon the life of somebody here this morning: woman, man, thou art loosed, in the name of Jesus!*
So, a person may be praying with great fervor but he may not be hitting any target. He is just blowing breeze and making noise. The person may even be asking for the wrong thing or is asking badly and inappropriately. He may even be praying out of a wrong spirit, like fear. And once you are praying out of fear, you are praying with a wrong spirit. That is the spirit of praying amiss; because it is fear that is propelling the prayer.
How to know when you are praying amiss.
*When you are praying:*
– With an unforgiving heart.
– Because you want to avoid what the words of God is saying.
– Because of personal selfish motive.
– And God’s word is not in you.
– And you refuse to confess your own sins.
– And you do not ask for what is God’s glory but your glory.
– And you gossip, backbite.
– And the love of God is not in your heart.
– And you are a friend of the world.
– And you have bitterness against people.
– And you do not honour your husband or wife.
And it is a very serious matter. When you now graduate from praying amiss, you can now move to another dangerous level when that your prayer becomes sin. Can prayer become sin? Yes *(Psalm 109:7)*
*>>> It is my prayer that may your prayer not become sin, in the name of Jesus!*
Prayer could become sin *(Psalm 80:4)*. God was not angry because His people did not pray. God was angry because of the prayer they offered to Him. Prayer can backfire. It can bounce back on your own head if you do not do what the Lord wants. *(Psalm 35:13)*. Your prayer could become an abomination *(Proverbs 28:9)*. There are situations when prayer could become sin. It is a fearful fact that not all prayer is good, and wrong praying is as bad as not praying.
A man is praying on alcohol before drinking it: abomination. You are praying to extort money from people: abomination. You are praying to snatch another person’s partner: abomination. You are praying to divorce your spouse: abomination. You are praying with an idol in your heart: abomination. We need to go back to the fine art of biblical praying.
So if you are praying with an idol in your heart, you are asking for God’s will when you already know God’s will, you are praying amiss.
The Bible says _”if you have an idol in your heart and you go to a prophet, the prophet will answer you according to that idol in your heart, and the prophet will be deceived because of you, and because of that idol, you will receive wrong information from heaven”._ This is another way that people pray amiss. Already, the idol is in your heart. For example, you want to marry somebody. You are not married yet and you have already started sleeping with the person.
Immediately you start, all the secrets of the person’s family that God is about to show you, you have blocked it; because the Bible says _”let marriage be honourable and the bed undefiled”._ So once you start sleeping with the person, and start asking God for His will, heaven will not answer those prayers anymore. You have already jumped the gun. When you are praying as a substitute for obedience, that is heaven has already told you what to do and you are praying instead of repenting, you are praying amiss.
All the selfish prayer you pray for yourself alone is praying amiss. When you are extolling your own righteousness in prayer like the pharisee in the Bible; you are building a case for your own righteousness, it is praying amiss. When you are praying to men, angels, saints and all kinds of people rather than God, all the hypocritical praying just for the ears of men to hear you, praying and you are dodging your responsibility are sinful prayers.
The disciples said _”Lord teach us how to pray”._ ‘Teach us to pray’ and ‘teach us how to pray’ are two different things. A lot of people know how to pray but do not pray correctly. A lot of prayer bounces off the roof of the mouth. If our prayers are forces to be reckoned with, we must pray correctly. And to do that, you must be a student of the words of God. You need to be teachable and you need to abandon any sin at all that can hinder your prayers. The Bible says _”He that covereth his sin shall not prosper”._ It is a curse. _”But he that confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy”._
*[Before Ministration Prayers]*
1. Every legal document of the enemy against me, catch fire in the name of Jesus.
2. Thou decree of worry, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus.
3. You…._[insert: infirmity, blockage, marital failure or any other challenge]_, receive the rebuke of the Lord, in the name of Jesus.
4. Arrows of disgrace, backfire in the name of Jesus.
*[After Ministration Prayers]*
1. Father, any area I have failed you in the school of prayer, forgive me, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every prayer killer in my life, die in the name of Jesus.
3. Masquerades will never sleep in my house, by the power in the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
4. Powers making incantations against me, die by your incantations, in the name of Jesus.
5. O sun, o moon, arise, smite every thief assigned against my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
6. Spirit of prayer, I am available, locate me now, in the name of Jesus.
7. Anointing of prayer to pursue my pursuers, come upon me now, in the name of Jesus.
8. Powerlessness, prayerlessness, die in the name of Jesus.
9. I fire back every arrow of prayerlessness, in the name of Jesus.
10. Witchcraft activities around my habitation, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
11. Environmental blockages, scatter in the name of Jesus.
12. Environmental wickedness, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
God bless you in Jesus name.
God bless you 🙏