MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Yaba, Lagos.
Sunday Worship Service
November 14th, 2021
Topic: WHAT YOU SOW IS WHAT YOU REAP
Text: Galatians 6:7.
Ministering: Dr. D.K Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
We are taking our message from verse 7 of Galatians 6 and you would do well to listen very deeply. There is a heavy avalanche of signs and wonders about to bombard God’s people. It is my duty to see that you get those benefits. It is always my duty yo reveal to you what might steal the breakthrough away.
You cannot take God for a ride, and you cannot deceive God; and you will be a big fool if you ever think that there is something you are doing in secret that God does not see. “Be not deceived”, the Bible said, “for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”
You cannot plant cocoyam and reap cassava. It is not possible to plant orange and then you reap apple. It is not possible to plant plantain and reap orange. “Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap”. That is why it has been well said that:
You cannot sow
– bad habits and reap a good character. If your habits are bad, whatever you reap will also be a bad thing.
– jealousy and haterd and reap love and friendship. What you sow is what you reap.
– wicked thoughts, thoughts of fornication, thoughts of adultery and reap a clean life, it is not possible.
– wrong actions, wrong deeds and reap righteousness. It is not possible.
And listen to me very carefully, no man can sow:
– crime and get away with it.
– crooked dealings (your business dealings are always crooked) and have definite success. It is not possible.
– indiscipline, self indulgence and reap a good life: it is not possible.
– fornication and reap a good life, it is not possible. All those things do not go free.
The way God organized the universe is with laws and consequences. There is no inconsequential sin. Every sin has a consequence and the consequence varies.
It is not possible to sow:
– dishonesty and reap integrity, it is not possible.
– disrespect and now reap respect, it is not possible.
– deception and reap confidence, not possible.
– anger and reap gentleness, not possible.
– physical and mental laziness and a reap good position with God or in heaven.
– wickedness and cruelty and hope to reap kindness
– stinginess and reap prosperity. Infact, the reason many Christians are poor is because they are stiny towards God, that is all. And when you give to God, you have given to God. It is not your business to say “I want you to read me a report of how they are spending the money”, it is not your business anymore.
You do not give to God and tie a string to it. And if you say “well, I do not want to contribute because all these pastors will eat my money”, very simple: just find your way to heaven and personally hand over your tithes to God, that is all. Take it to Him yourself, no problem but just make sure you put it down.
You cannot sow:
– cowardice and reap courage, it is not possible.
– destruction of other people’s property and reap protection of yours
– messing up of other people’s children as a teacher or lecturer and hope that your children’s lives would not be messed up.
– neglect of God’s house and hope to receive strength during temptation, it is not possible.
There is no way any sane believer would survive on one service per week. It is like eating one meal per week.
– neglect of your Bible study and reap a well guided life.
– human thorns and expect to reap human roses.
– sin and reap prosperity.
One thing that goes through the Bible from Gensis to Revelation, the central topic of that book from page one to page last is the issue of sin and the redemption of man. That is all. If sin did not come into the world, there would have been no need for a Bible.
– Man may call sin an accident but God calls it an abomination.
– He may call it a blunder but God calls it blindness.
– He may say it is by chance, God calls it a disease.
– Man may say it is an error, God does not agree, He calls it an infirmity.
Man may call it luxury, fun; God calls it leprosy.
– He may call it a mistake but God does not agree; He calls it madness.
– Man may call it his weakness, God calls it foolishness.
Wherever sin is on the driving seat, shame will be at the back seat. So, your worst enemy is not really witches and wizards, it is your sinful heart. Your greatest enemy is not really outsiders, it is yourself. When you wake up in the morning, that person you see in the mirror is actually your worst enemy.
If you deal with him, you will be able to deal with other enemies. If you do not deal with him, he will deal with you. Paul said “I put my body under, I bring it into subjection, so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be a castaway.”
Sin hooks a man in the process of obtaining something he did not have or fearing that he might lose something that he has. And hear me well beloveth: there is no small sin. Its consequences may be immeasurable. If you profit for sin, you shall not profit by sin. Sin is like a small child playing with a snake.
You can decide to choose your sin but you cannot choose its consequences. When God has given somebody a cup of joy, sin makes that cup to leak. The way God has structured the universe is this: the harvest of judgment is sure as soon as the seed of sin is sown.
The Bible now says something scary. It says “because the judgment of sin does not come very suddenly, the heart of man is strong to remain in iniquity.” It says because sin does not come instantly, the heart of man is hardened to continue doing evil, not knowing that he is just adding sin to sin, iniquity to iniquity.
Let me tell you the truth beloveth, sin is not judged the way we see it but as God sees it; because sin will put hell into the soul, and the soul into hell later. Prices may rise and fall, but the price of sin remains the same. The most expensive thing in the world is sin and everyday there are many new sinners but no new sin. But every wickedness and sin will never go unpunished.
Every pleasure of sin is paid for with the coin of sorrow and that sin you are covering up will eventually bring you down except you confess and forsake it. That is why the Bible says “your sin shall find you out”. It will find you out no matter how you cover up.
Every sin has a consequence. Forgiveness does not eliminate discipline. God may forgive you, no problem. Being forgiven means that on the last day, nobody will read that sin on your account but it does not mean that it will remove the consequences. Miriam and Aaron complained about Moses and God said “stand aside”; and put leprosy upon them.
Moses prayed that God should forgive them and God forgave them but they still suffered the leprosy. David slept with Bathsheba and killed the husband. He asked for forgiveness and God said “yes, your sin has been forgiven but (1) the child shall die, (2) the sword shall never depart from your house, (3) you did this thing secretly, but the one that I am going to do to you will be public”.
So it happened, that the son of David was sleeping with the wives of David on top of the roof for the whole Israel to see. Although he had been forgiven, the forgiveness did not remove the consequences of the action he had done. Stop deceiving yourself. If you go into fornication, adultery, stealing and say “I am going for deliverance”, the deliverance has no part in the consequences of the sin you have already committed.
The consequence is sure even if you do 2,000 deliverances. Forgiveness removes the condemnation of sin but it does not eliminate discipline. The Bible says “though hand join in hand, no sinner shall go unpunished”. So, sin has terrible consequences.
Listen to this very carefully: HIV/AIDS can kill a person and he will make heaven, God has forgiven him but during the process he was sleeping around, he had collected his salary advance; he had collected his consequences. This is a strange thing.
All the “well, I will drop my Bible and I will deal with you” and you ask for forgiveness later; God will forgive you but you have attracted consequences and the consequences will certainly take its toll. You knew that something was bad, you knew it was not Christian-like but then you went ahead to do it, bear in mind that you will attract the consequences.
Oh so you are knowingly committing any sin? Go ahead, the consequences will come. Samson’s hair grew again. He was able to pull down the wall but his eyes never saw again. The enemy had plucked out his eyes as a consequence of what he had done.
God may forgive sins but it would have consequences. Some of the consequences require that a man would live with it all the days of his life. So every sin you are living in today, is an evil foundation you are laying, and your sins shall find you out. “O God forgive me, forgive me”, the forgiveness does not free you from the consequences.
There are some things that people do wrong which can be corrected. Maybe somebody stole money and has returned it. The punishment may be limited because the wrong has been corrected but the consequences are still there. Forgiveness does not free you from accountability. Infact as far as heaven is concerned, there is no sin that heaven cannot grant forgiveness to.
But forgiveness does not negate the effect of the sinful conduct. Once the sin is in place, the consequences just follow. So if you do not want:
– your children to steal, do not train them from stolen money.
– a broken home, do not punch your wife now.
– your daughter messed up, do not mess up other people’s daughters now.
You say “blood of Jesus!” Blood of Jesus does not eliminate the consequences of sin. Only one thing can negate the consequences of sin and it is is the mercy of God. But the problem with the mercy of God is that it is not guaranteed. There is no guarantee you will get it for the Bible says “I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy”. So you may not even qualify for that mercy.
So this is why sin is bad. Sin is a clever enemy. We need to cry for the mercy of God today but that mercy can sometimes be obtained in the prison of discipline. To obtain that mercy, tell God the truth. But that mercy is not guaranteed. Forgiveness is guaranteed but no one is sure whether he will receive mercy or not.
So this is why you should not even engage in sin. That is why the Bible warns that “the way of the sinner is hard. The way of the transgressor is hard”. Any sin you commit will find you out:
– to your face
– in your body
– your children
– your conscience
– at the judgment seat of Christ.
What we need this morning is to be open to God. Confess those sins to the Almighty and then forsake them. The tragedy of sin is that it will eliminate you from receiving the blessings of God. Where you are supposed to get blessings, it will obscure it.
That is why somebody said sin:
-is success in nothing
– is self inflicted nonsense.
Sin will invite death and death will vanish when sin disappears
– cannot be undone, only forgiven.
– may have temporary pleasure but the trouble is this: the longer you stay in sin, the less and less it bothers you. You may now get to that dangerous level where your conscience is seared with a hot iron. You are just committing the sin without feeling guilty anymore.
At that level somebody should tell you that you are already lost and there are lots of lost people who come to the house of God.
Bow down your head and ask the Lord to forgive you if you know iniquity has been playing games with you.
1. My Father, have mercy on me in the name of Jesus.
2. Powers assigned to waste my destiny, you are liars, die in the name of Jesus.
3. Powers suppressing my promotion, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
4. Powers suppressing my celebration and decoration, you are liars, die in the name of Jesus.
5. Resurrection power, power that cannot be defeated, come upon me now in the name of Jesus.
6. Every spiritual mark suppressing my glory, die in the name of Jesus.
7. Garments of shame and disappointment, you are liars, catch fire in the name of Jesus.
8. Every utterance assigned to pull me down, backfire in the name of Jesus.
9. Serpents and scorpions assigned against my joy, die in the name of Jesus.
10. Every utterance against my glory, backfire in the name of Jesus.
11. Powers blocking my deliverance, what are you waiting for? Die in the name of Jesus
12. Glory killers of my father’s house, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
13. Every witchcraft projection into my dreams, backfire in the name of Jesus.
14. O God arise, take away my destiny away from the hands of men in the name of Jesus.
15. Powers of death and hell, separate from my life in the name of Jesus.
God bless you!