MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Lagos, Nigeria.
Sunday Worship Service
May 15th, 2022
Topic: THE MASQUERADING DESTROYER
Text: Job 8:13, 13:16, 15:34, 20:5, Matthew 7: 3-5, 23:28-33, Mark 7:6, Luke 6:42, 46
Ministering: Dr. Daniel K. Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
There is a great destroyer:
– that dilutes blessings. The blessing could be big, but it dilutes it.
– that gives a great assistance to the devil.
– that offers a special place to people in hell fire.
– that cleverly steals the blessings of God’s people and creates failure at the places of success.
It is that great destroyer that I want to explain and expose to you for a few minutes, before we begin to pray some prayers here. Of all the sins that Jesus confronted when He was around, the one that inspired His anger most is the sin of hypocrisy. See for yourself how seriously the Bible views it. A lot of prayers that would have been answered in a jiffy just like that for many people here are not answered, or they are sluggishly answered because of hypocrisy. There are plenty of hypocrites in the camp, that are cheating themselves and not the man of God.
It is just like going for deliverance because of disobedience to depart from sin. And the deliverance man there would only call prayer points and assist you if you fall down. He is not the one to answer the prayers, he is just trying to help. And if he tries to help and cannot help, there is nothing you can do to him; because he too is calling upon God. I am praying that the Lord will open our understanding to behold the kind of church we are in, and to understand the covenant that sets it up, and how we can connect to it and get the fullest benefits.
Read the Bible and see how seriously the Bible views it, and I want you to use this opportunity to carry out a thorough self examination so that you will not be the one hindering the greatest of your prayers from being answered, so that you will not be the one opening the doors to the enemies to attack you, because for the enemy to come against you and succeed, there must be ladder; there must be an open door, there must be a bridge, a point of contact.
Job 8:13 makes us to understand that if a person is coming to church and keeps hoping in God, his or her prayers will not be answered because of hypocrisy. Once you are neither here nor there and you are approaching God, you will get no answer. One leg in church and one leg outside, you will not get any answer. You are the one praying and you are also the one anchoring worldly parties; you cannot get any answer. The Bible makes it clear that the joy of the hypocrite will be cut off. Even Jesus was no nonsense and did not condemn any hypocritical behaviour.
The Bible says that out of the mouths of two or three witnesses, the truth shall be established. The hypocritical Christian is one of the devil’s best workers. They help the devil more than evil demons, witches and wizards. It is a mystery of life that a beautiful and handsome face can cover a crooked mind. And it is a dangerous thing beloveth I tell you, to be cursing the devil openly but serving the same satan in secret. That is why in life, the most dangerous people are those who do not agree with you, but they are too cowardly to let you know that. They just become yes-men to you. This is a very serious matter, and that is what is driving us to our prayers here this morning.
It is sad that God comes to a meeting with a full basket and His intention is to distribute everything inside that basket to everyone present in that place, but He goes back with 80% of the blessings in it because of hypocrisy. Hypocrisy:
– comes from our being more concerned about how good we appear before others, instead of becoming good towards repentance.
– is deceitfulness, which is why the word itself is from a Latin word meaning “acting”, that is; play acting in pretence.
– is shedding crocodile tears. It is dishonesty, just a display, double dealing, making false profession, committing fraud, being insincere inside of you, paying lip service, sweet talk, having double standards and being inconsistent.
– is the vice of vices, rottenness to the core.
I pray that all who are here and they are neither hot nor cold, thereby losing out on the blessings they should have; that one way or the other, that the Almighty should waylay them and arrest them so that they will repent, and the blessings of God should overshadow their lives.
Anyone who believes he is doing something that others do not see is a big fool indeed. Hypocrisy is when satan is laughing at your “so-called” Christianity. You tell lies, commit fornication, do all kinds of things, defraud people of their money, give bribes and declare that you are a Christian.
There are still people who watch pornography on television, internet, and so on and so forth. And they are here; looking at us. When we sing, they sing, when we dance, they dance. When we pray, they pray and even sweat. They cry “O God arise, and let your enemies be scattered!”. And God said “if I should arise, he is the first person who will scatter, because he is his own greatest enemy”. So, if you are like that, the devil will be laughing at your Christianity. Hypocrisy is when you have a dark side of you that you do not want anybody to see. There is a dark side of you that nobody sees. And then you now deceive yourself to think that nobody knows. It is hypocrisy.
You come here, you pray serious prayers. Then next day, you go and buy a wig taken from the head of a dead child or got from a poor child who sold her hair, and put it on your own head which represents your glory; and you begin to say God does not answer prayers. But you have put the wig of the dead on your head and it is very sad. Hypocrisy:
– is a major roadblock in our journey into holiness.
– is when you are taking God and His word for granted. You are play acting. As much as it is in your mind, you try to display yourself before men instead of trying to look good before God.
– is when you have pretended motives and you keep up good and physical appearances while your private world and heart are totally corrupt.
– is acting spiritual just to cover your sin.
– is you denouncing others for the same thing you are doing, and your hands are witnessing against your lips. You are are things to be seen by men. All these men who love titles, honour and respect from men all show hypocrisy.
– is when you shed tears that are not from the inside. All the self advertisement is hypocrisy.
It is a dangerous power, a masquerading destroyer, a diluter of blessings and there are only seven ways to get out of hypocrisy:
When you are living a different way in private and another way in public, it can plunge your mind into a very dark hole. A Saint outside and a devil at home is a hypocrite. Infact to be quite honest with you, it is better to be a sinner than to be a hypocrite. Hypocrisy is trying to appear better than you really are. You appear strong in face, but hollow and rotten on the inside, because you yourself know what your heart is thinking. Are you here today and you love praises and titles? If you are neglected, do you get angry? If somebody insults you, do you say all kinds of things? It is hypocrisy.
Are you here, and if every man was blind and deaf and dumb, would you still behave the way you are behaving? Are you here and human opinion is your guiding law? Do you enjoy flattery? Do you do your good works for the applause of men? Are you willing to be despised for the sake of Christ? In all honesty, are you truly born again? Do you think the peppermint you swallow to drown the cigarette breath you have, will help you in heaven? Are you here and you sing and smile on the outside but your stomach is rebelling inside?
You are laughing so much outside, but you are crying on the inside. You are complaining about people behind you, but you are not able to go and confront them. You lack courage to admit your mistakes. You tell lies to cover up your mistakes and you express false humility. It is hypocrisy. In MFM, our message is holiness within and without. Are you here and your life is contradictory to what you say? Are you here and you know that if heaven should give you an analysis of your life, you are deceiving yourself? Are you here and your Christianity carries no power at all? Has no impact at all in that house where you are living? No one in your compound has ever followed you to church because of your character.
Are you here, and you are not a good representative of MFM outside? You need to repent. You need to understand that if God wanted you somewhere else, He would take you elsewhere. The fact that He brought you here shows that He wants you here, and He wants you to obtain the maximum blessings. Sometimes when you see people who claim to be our members oversees at the airport, you open your mouth in wonder. There are plenty of people who come like that; they are not with us, they are not in us, they are just around us. Are you like that? That may be why those great breakthroughs you are expecting have not manifested.
(Repent before the Lord from every form of hypocrisy and hypocritical behaviour.)
1. O God arise, and transform me, in the name of Jesus.
2. I will never surrender to the enemy, in the name of Jesus.
3. My hypocrisy must die, in the name of Jesus.
4. My Father, make me the trumpet of your power, in the name of Jesus.
6. My Father, I repent from any contribution I have made to advance iniquity, in the name of Jesus.
7. (Lay your hands on your chest) Blood of Jesus, sanitize my heart, in the name of Jesus.
8. Favour that I have never had before, arise, locate me now! in the name of Jesus.
9. Powers that are saying my coast will not be enlarged, die in the name of Jesus.
10. Every satanic intelligence gathered against me, die in the name of Jesus.
11. Any power carrying my Spirit to unknown places, die in the name of Jesus.
12. Every barricade against my shining, break, in the name of Jesus.
13. Any sickness assigned to overtake my life, die in the name of Jesus.
14. O God arise, give me the key to my house, in the name of Jesus.
15. Every battle that has stolen from me, I stop you now, in the name of Jesus.
16. Every death remaining in this year, I will not be part of it, in the name of Jesus.
17. Every good thing trying to leave me behind, I catch you up, I overtake you, in the name of Jesus.
18. In the midst of those mocking my progress, O God arise, manifest your power, in the name of Jesus.
God bless you🙏