MOUNTAIN OF FIRE & MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Lagos, Nigeria.
Date: 19th July 2020
Topic: Encourage Yourself In The Lord
Ministering: Dr. D.K Olukoya (G.O, MFM Worldwide)
Anchored Scriptures: 1 Samuel 30:6-8, Isaiah 26:3
I bring forth the word to you from scriptures, and what I’m admonishing you to do is what David did: ‘encourage yourself in the Lord’. Even if people are not encouraging you, encourage yourself in the Lord. Discouragement is a terrible disease.
(Daddy shares a story of a discouraged man) Let me tell you again the vision that that person had:
He was so discouraged, he wept himself to sleep, then he had a dream. In the dream, he met himself in a big market and a lot of people were displaying things to sell in the market.
As he moved around the market, he got into a particular shop. On top of the shop, there was a signboard written: ‘Devil’s shop’.
After he entered into this shop and he found all kinds of tool that mr devil was selling.
Then he found one tool that had been used and used and used, the tool looked like so many hands have used it. But then, when he looked at the prices; this worn out equipment was the most expensive in satanic market.
So he now said: ‘excuse me, why is this so expensive?’ The devil said ‘it’s my most effective tool against christians’
It is sad but it is true, that many of us actually wage war against ourself. Many of us actually hire lawyers to fight against us. Many of us have allowed discouragement and despair to take over; where boldness, courage, faith and prayers should be things you should be doing. Many of us downgrade ourself continually.
Listen beloved, whenever the devil wants to make you box yourself into a cage next time; encourage yourself in the Lord.
– Discouragement means to take the courage out of you. Just like the disease, dis-ease to take ease out; lack of ease out. To discourage is to take the courage out of you.
– Discouraged people don’t hear from God. The devil knows that discouraged people cannot hear properly or communicate with God properly so he uses it effectively.
– Encouragement causes hope but discouragement brings hopelessness and despair.
– Discouragement is one of the most devastating enemies of every good man.
– Discouragement is one of the most terrible enemy that can destroy people everywhere.
– Discouragement causes people to believe that success is impossible.
– Discouragement has brought failure on countless endeavors
When a person thinks he cannot succeed inevitably, he will try and he will not succeed.
– Discouragement is an expectation of failure, which is a tentacle of discouragement.
It is easy to allow the pressures and burdens of this life to overwhelm us and cause us to despair; I want encourage you.
– Discouragement is a killer, discouragement has caused so many tragedies and so many troubles. It has made so many people to drop out of church, to drop out of school, drop out of relationship. It has cause many to give up on God, it has caused many to give up the fight and to lay down their bibles.
Beloved, the truth is this: everyone will have their share of discouragement throughout their lifetime; everyone! Into every life, a little bit of rain of storm is allowed to fall.
Your approach to managing that discouragement will distinguish you from others.
The success and failure we bear is directly tied down to how we handle and resolve discouragement.
During discouragement, the soul, the mind is full of worry. Absent mindedness, forgetfulness is a result of this kind of things sometimes.
And I want you to encourage yourself in the Lord, no matter what situation you’re passing through.
Complacency, loss of interest in things that will keep you fighting is caused by discouragement.
When discouragement comes in, negative thoughts begin to happen in people’s heart. Sometimes, even thought of suicide. Most of the people who commits suicide do so because they are discouraged.
I decree upon your life that every arrow of discouragement will go back to the senders in the name of Jesus!
– Discouragement will bring a disconnect between you and God and between you and others. It is something you should not allow.
– Discouragement has been in existence from the book of Genesis and can be found in many people in the Bible. The devil has learned to attack the mind of people with this tool.
We must learn to cry out to God in our troubles. We must learn to give God our anxieties. We must learn to ask Him for peace, we must stay our mind on God and let Him give us peace.
Encouragement causes brightness, hope. Discouragement causes hopelessness and sorrow.
It is very easy to know the size of a person’s faith. How? By observing how much it takes to discourage the person. Encouraged people keep on their feet and smile at defeat but discouraged people have a lot of loose ends to tie up. In fact, they spiritually pollute the environment and they allow the enemy access to their destinies. When they’re sick, they give up because they are discouraged.
They will forget the mistakes that they have made. They will forget that some of the mistakes we made makes God to go on holidays on our affairs. They believe that their life is a failure.
Discouragement has killed so many people than even typhoid, malaria and heart disease.
– Discouragement is to snatch defeat from certain victory.
– Discouragement is borrowing problems from the future.
– Discouragement is drinking the wine of frustration.
– Discouragement is advertising the devil’s disgrace.
– Discouragement is having faith in failure.
Before David could hear God, he had to first encourage himself in the Lord. He shook off all the discouragement and dared to believe God that God will stun his calamities around and immediately he shook off that discouragement; he was able to hear God very clearly and he was able to bring solution to the crisis.
When your heart is encouraged, it is conditioned to receive good news from the Lord.
Exodus 6:9, Look at the situation of the children of Israel in Egypt. They could not hear the good news because they are discouraged and their spirit were in anguish.
1 Samuel 30:8
I decree upon your life that thou shall pursue, thou shalt overtake and recover all in the name of Jesus!
But David could never had had these things if he had chosen to remain discouraged.
Listen beloved to this very important truth: discouragement is a decision, don’t get discouraged. Decide that you will not be discouraged. Instead of being discouraged, see all impossible situations as opportunity in disguise!
Discouragement is a personal decision, decide that you will not be discouraged. You need to make a conscious decision that you will not be discouraged.
Contrary to popular belief beloved, nobody can discourage you; but only you can decide to wage war against yourself by discouraging yourself.
You must make a conscious decision not to be discouraged. But if you want to be discouraged; you must make a conscious decision too to be discouraged to your own volition.
But glory be to God, you can also make a decision not to give in to discouragement.
Make a decision to encourage yourself in the Lord, then you will hear Him very clearly. Do not wait for somebody to come and begin to encourage you, encourage yourself in the Lord.
There is scarcity of human beings who like to encourage others; that is the truth!
Begin to render thanksgiving unto the Lord. Begin to tell God how much you love Him, how much you appreciate His blessings and His faithfulness.
Decide that circumstances will not enslave you, that circumstances will not close your mouth, circumstances will not bind your spirit no matter what.
Many of us need deliverance from what I call the grasshopper spirit. The spirit that came on those spies that went to spy the promise land and they came back said ‘we are not able’. Many of us needs deliverance from that kind of spirit. God was so angry with them because they discouraged the people and they say ‘they were not able’. They forgot that God was going to fight their battle as it is not their battle to fight. We need to stand against the spirit of evil expectation.
Perhaps you’re passing through your personal gethsamane now, remember Paul and Silas in that jail. They began to praise God and things began to happen.
What is the greatest medicine for encouragement? it is the peace of God which we have red in Isaiah 26:3.
May you have the peace of God in the name of Jesus!
May the peace of God envelope your heart in the name of Jesus!
What is peace?
1. Peace is calm happiness
2. Peace is more quiet and lasting joy.
3. Peace is resting in the Lord.
4. Peace is divine calmness and quietness.
5. Peace is that, in the face of all kinds of adversity; you look to the Lord and praise Him.
6. Peace is tranquility of the mind.
7. Peace is perpetual calm or disposition.
8. Peace is drinking the spirit of that great peace maker who is the Lord Jesus Christ
Another medicine against discouragement is praises and worship. When you learn to praise the Lord, no matter the circumstances you find yourself; you defeat discouragement. You sing unto the Lord, that what Paul and Silas did.
Singing is a natural expression of the heart of man. Singing exerts a powerful influence over man. Singing is a vital part of worship.
Many do not know that praises and worship are prophetic warfare.
David never lost any battle because he was a man with three anointing and five covenants. He sang prophetic psalms. You need to praise God.
Praise is our response to the greatness of God for who He is, an adoration of God but worship is to ascribe worth unto God. All these are medicine against discouragement.
It is very sad that some people, over the years; have never met praises and worship in church. They always come late, some don’t know the worship songs or the songs to sing so they get caged by discouragement very easily.
So, good people sometimes can become discouraged. When you think you loose strength, you loose vision, you loose confidence, you loose security, you loose faith, there is foundational bondage, dullness of hearing; people give in to discouragement when those seven things come upon them.
For everything that needs to be done, there are always dozens of excuses not to do it. Discouragement will paralyze you if you give them room.
Box your discouragement by turning them on their own head. Anything worth having or doing or being, requires effort. Don’t just give up and say ‘I can’t’, it’s a voice of discouragement. You work step by step until you arrive at something, just start from somewhere.
Look at Jesus, our Lord and master. He was born to poor parents. His life was threatened as a baby. His life was the cause of terrible suffering that children died, they had to move Him away as a baby to hide Him in Egypt. His father died while he was young. He had to support His family, working as a carpenter.
He had no home and place to lay his head. He was hated and opposed by others. He was charged with insanity, he was charged with demon possession. he was betrayed by a close friend. He was rejected, hated by the audiences who came to hear Him. He was betrayed by a close friend, He was left alone rejected by all His friends in Mark 14. He was tried before the high court of the land and tried with treason. He was executed as a common criminal by means of crucifixion. All through this, you don’t see him getting discouraged.
Discouragement must die, decide that it must die.
– Surrender your life to Jesus.
– Cry unto him for help.
– Be a student of the Bible.
– Be a student of the word
– Be a prayer warrior.
The more you pray, the more you discover. The more you discover, the more you recover. The more you recover, the more successful you become. And the more successful you become, the quicker you reach your goal.
God bless you in Jesus name!
We are going to start praying now, but before we start praying (I’m bold, I’m strong; for the Lord my God is with me).
After Ministration prayers by Daddy G.O:
Pray these seven mysterious prayers. Pray it to defeat discouragement. Pray it to pull yourself out of any pit the enemy is pulling you. Pray from your heart:
1. Powers assigned to convert my right hand to my left hand, die in the name of Jesus!
2. Every battle of the blood waged against me, scatter in the name of Jesus!
3. Every instrument of battle prepared for me by the enemy, backfire in the name of Jesus!
4. Declare this ten times: Return unto thy rest, o my soul in the name of Jesus!
5. Powers preparing death for me, die by fire in the name of Jesus!
6. O God arise and put to shame every power laughing me to scorn in the name of Jesus!
7. O God arise and expose every enemy hiding in my life in the name of Jesus!
8. Hunters of my virtue, your time is up; die in the name of Jesus!
9. Powers assigned to punish me, I subdue you today in the name of Jesus!
10. Anything I’ve eaten or swallowed physically or spiritually, that is troubling my body; melt away in the name of Jesus!
11. Any mistake attracting suffering into my life, be corrected today in the name of Jesus!
12. Every battle provoking secret tears, clear away in the name of Jesus!
13. O God by your mercy; take me to higher grounds in the name of Jesus!
14. Angels of favor and mercy, locate me in the name of Jesus!
Shout these three prayers before we go, make sure that nobody’s voice overshadow your voice:
15. Where is the Lord God of Elijah: arise, go to the sources of my battle and kill them in the name of Jesus!
16. Any power of evil advertisement, your time is up; die in the name of Jesus!
17. Every worker of iniquity assigned to attack my health; scatter in the name of Jesus!
Year 2020: ‘Our year of spiritual revival and new glory’