MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
Sunday Worship Service
September 19th, 2021
Topic: THE ANATOMY OF DEEP PEOPLE
Text: Psalm 42:1-2, 42:7, Philippians 3:10, Psalm 103:7
Ministering: Dr. Daniel Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
Philippians 3:10 is one of the deepest, if not the deepest passage in scriptures. Paul wrote practically two-thirds of the new testament. This man suffered for Christ. This man did not marry. He spent his life preaching the gospel. He eventually was crucified.
“That I may know Him…” This man was taken to paradise three times and he was still praying the prayer point: “that I may know Him…”.
One of the major spiritual problems of our days is being superficial, surface and shallow. Many superficial christians, surface life christians, very shallow christians are the major spiritual problems of our days.
And in the last days it would get worse. People would get more superficial. If we are deep the way God wants us to be deep, we should speak terror into the camp of the enemy and they would beg us that enough is enough.
Deep calleth unto deep. Surface calleth unto surface. Height calleth unto height. It is a principle. It does not change. That is what the Bible is saying.
===> I am praying for somebody here today that every surface and shallow life that is rendering you powerless before the enemy shall disappear here today in the name of Jesus!
The Bible says that “as the hart panteth for the water stream, so my heart panteth after you O God”. Why does the hart run into the cooling stream when something like a lion or zebra is pursuing it? The hart which is not a water animal runs into the water to hide its smell so that the animal would not smell it again.
The Bible says that like that hart runs there and is not a water animal and is safe there, and can see from the surface that the lion is there, and stays there, and then comes out panting after the lion is gone, so should our souls pant towards God.
This is a very very serious matter and I want you to understand that when the deepness of God enters into your life, all these things that people are running after, lose their hold upon your life.
All the things that people are running after, that they want to kill themselves for would lose their significance. You will understand the words of scriptures which says “we brought nothing into this world and it is certain that we will take nothing out”.
There are 2 ways to know God: His WAYS and His ACTS. He made His ways known to Moses, but His acts to the children of Israel.
All that some people want to know is “God of miracles, na my papa oh”. Yes, those miracles are His acts. And that is all some people know about God. But His ways, they do not know.
We have 2 kinds of ministers:
1. Those who know His ways and,
2. Those who know His acts.
But, the choice is now yours. His ways, His acts. Those who only understand His acts understand only what God can give to them, not what they can do and give to God. But there is something more important than that.
Because according to that hymn writer, all things shall pass away. One thing will stand: what you have done with your soul while you were here. What you have done to make impact on people’s lives when you were here.
His ways and His acts. Knowing His acts is low level. Knowing His ways is the deeper life. How is it possible to know the works of God without knowing God? It is possible. Shallow christians do not know God and God does not know them.
===> I see somebody here this morning, you will dig deep and become a terror to the enemy in the name of Jesus.
THE ANATOMY OF DEEP PEOPLE.
1. are people who have experienced new birth; Bible salvation. Plenty of people come to church but it is a tragedy that only a few are born again. Only a few can say “old things are passed away and all things are become new”.
Many just come and are not born again. If you are born again, you will not commit fornication, adultery, you will not steal or gossip; you will not do all the things they are asking you not to do if you are truly born again.
Let me tell you something: the fact that you are speaking in tongues does not mean that you are truly born again. The fact that you are prophesying does not mean that you are truly born again. You can be a borrowed vessel, just like the ass of Baalam that was talking.
2. are sanctified people. They have experienced Bible sanctification.
3. are holy Ghost filled. They have received the baptism of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
4. are filled with the word of God. The word of God is in them and they quote scriptures. If you have been attending Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries for about 2 to 3 years, I expect you to know a minimum of 56 Bible verses.
5. are prayer addicts. They are addicted to prayer.
===> May you become addicted to prayer in the name of Jesus!
One sign of deep people is that they are very, very prayerful. They do not joke with prayer at all.
6. are hard working. Deep people always work hard. Wherever they are, they are not known to be lazy, they work hard.
7. have complete deliverance. They always seek to complete their own deliverance so that the failure of their generation will not be repeated in their own lives.
8. are holy people. They practise holiness within and without. If you are really a deep person and you say “Father, I want to know how to dress. Should I put this or that on?” He will tell you.
But if you are a shallow person, heaven will not bother to discuss your dresses with you. If you are a deep person, there are some things you cannot try.
9. are discerning people. They can discern who and what you are. They pray for the spirit and power of discernment.
10. thirst and hunger after God. The Bible says “blessed are they who thirst and hunger after righteousness, for they shall be filled”. You have to thirst and hunger after God.
11. are those who go on regular retreats. They just separate themselves for prayer. They observe a retreat. Those are deep people.
12. are teachable people. Once you teach them, they grab it and begin to use it. You do not need to keep repeating lessons to them.
13. are broken people. They are completely broken people. They do not argue with God. They do what God wants them to do.
The reason I am listing this Anatomy of Deep People is that you can take which ever you do not have and pray it into your life.
14. are quiet people. When somebody is so noisy, it shows he is shallow. The white man said “empty barrels make the loudest noise”.
15. have capacity to adapt to change. When God says “change this”, they change it. When God says “sit down there!”, they sit down there.
16. are incurable givers. They know that givers would always receive. They give sacrificially.
17. are incurable worshippers. They like praises. They like to thank God. They sing in the house. This is why we have encouraged people to buy hymn books and come in time and participate in the praises and worship.
That is why sometimes we declare one Wednesday for praises. All deep people are incurable worshippers.
18. are altar people. They are constantly building altars to God. Any where they are, they establish altars to God. Wherever they are working, they know them there, that they would pray in the morning, spend their lunch time praying. Such a person is just putting an altar there.
19. are people with divine love. They even love the unlovable. They have the deep Christian love. Many christians have hatred in their hearts. They are not deep.
20. always engage in constructive activities. You find them where constructive activities are being done, not where things of demotion or disgrace are being done.
21. cannot be controlled by money; it has no power in their lives. You cannot control them with money. It is deep people who will tell you when you want to buy them, “your money perish with you.”
22. do not repeat errors. They do not repeat their mistakes. A fool is defined as somebody who cannot learn from his mistakes.
23. have self discipline. They are disciplined people. When they say “I am getting there at this time”, they get there at that time.
24. are willing to accept responsibilities. Give them work to do and they would do it to the best of their abilities. They will not ask you “what is the need for me to do it?” They want to do it to serve God.
25. understand the dynamics of purpose. Anything they are doing, they know that it has purpose. They know why God gave it to them. They know why they are there.
26. are patient people and they have courage to be patient.
===> That man listening to me, may you become a patient husband in the name of Jesus.
Impatience is a very clear and concrete mark of immaturity. You are a baby.
27. are simple people. They have this inward and outward expression of simplicity.
28. are people of integrity. That is, your yes is your yes, your no is your no. Not yes no, or no yes. When they tell you things, you know it is true. When they take you through things, you know it is true.
29. are meek and humble.
30. have no interest in human approval. They lack the interest in human approval. Whether you approve of them or not, they do not care; as far as God approves of what they are doing.
These are 30 marks of deep people!
WHAT TO DO!
1. I recommend that right there where you are this morning, you should question your own condition. Give yourself a query. Harass yourself with questions.
Look at all these 30 points. How many of them are in my life? How many do I have to pray into my life? On which of them do I have to take immediate action? Question your heart.
2. Then you need to unmask yourself. Be brutally honest with yourself. This is not an entertainment place or an amusement centre.
3. Overcome your excuses. You can give a thousand and one reasons why you should not be deep; but overcome them. Let nobody deceive you, I am telling you now that God has favourite people. Let nobody deceive you that God loves everybody equally.
His favourite people are the deep people. He said “touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm”, meaning that those who are not anointed and those who are not prophets, the enemy is free to touch them. He can rough handle them.
God has favourites. He set fire on Sodom and Gomorrah and warned Lot and His family, “look not behind thee, escape for thy life”. Lot’s wife was running but then said “ahn ahn, these angels are asking us to run, but did they not understand that my jewelleries are there?”
“Did they not understand that I have a party to attend? Did these angels not understand that my friends are there? Did they not understand that my friends are there?” She looked back and became a pillar of salt.
God said “do not look at it”. But the same Sodom and Gomorrah that God said Lot and his wife should not look at, Abraham stood watching it. Abraham did not become a pillar of salt. God has favourites.
Cain went away from the presence of the Lord. God said “let him go to places”. Jonah ran away, but God pursued him. If you want to become God’s favourite, you need to become deep.
1. Powers blocking the release of my blessings, you are liars, die in the name of Jesus.
2. Powers assigned to hijack my progress, die in the name of Jesus.
3. Every conspiracy against my star, scatter in the name of Jesus.
1. Talk to the Lord. Tell him to forgive you for any area of your life that you have been shallow. Talk to Him today.
Sing: Lord prepare me a sanctuary, pure and holy, tried and true, with thanksgiving, I’ll be a living sanctuary for you.
(When you get home, sit down and read the whole of Acts 2 and meditate on it. Then use it as a prayer).
2. O God arise, break me and remould me in the name of Jesus!
3. Hand of the wicked holding my glory and shining, I cut you off in the name of Jesus.
4. Ancient satanic powers, release me in the name of Jesus!
5. Dark robbers, hear the word of the Lord, release me by fire in the name of Jesus.
6. O God arise, reposition me for signs and wonders in the name of Jesus.
7. Every wicked altar chanting my name,catch fire in the name of Jesus.
8. Powers mocking God in my life, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
9. O God arise, pass through where you have never passed through before in my life in the name of Jesus.
10. I pull down the power of envious witchcraft in the name of Jesus.
11. Pot of affliction cooking my affairs, break in the name of Jesus.
12. Battles making helpers to forget me, die in the name of Jesus.
13. My glory, hear the word of the Lord, speak this year in the name of Jesus!
God bless you!