MOUNTAIN OF FIRE & MIRACLES MINISTRIES,
ONIKE, YABA, LAGOS, NIGERIA
Special Sunday Worship Service
May 24th, 2020
Special Live Broadcast
Topic: ALONE WITH GOD
Ministering: Dr. D. K. Olukoya (G.O. MFM Worldwide)
Mark 1:35; 4:34;
“For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not”
The secret of strength lies in quietness; being quiet.
And quietness is greatly praised in the Bible.
Noise does not indicate strength: it has been well said that an empty barrel makes the loudest noise.
If we study very well, it is the quiet forces that are more powerful:
– Force of light; it’s quiet &
– Force of gravitation; it’s quiet
If we must learn to be strong, we must learn quietness. The reason for our shallowness is lack of quiet time; being busy is an excuse.
Solitude is being lonely by choice. There is power in being lonely with God.
The greatest men who have made impact are the people who have been quiet.
Being alone with God has a therapeutic renewing, re-energising and strengthening power.
It is when we are alone with God, He is able to mould us to what he can use.
There are something that men will never learn when men are around.
A time alone with yourself and alone with God will transform you to another man.
In solitude place, a man gains strength;
Solitude is the audience chamber of God;
Silence is resting your mind. Silence is to the spirit what sleep is to the body: it strengthens, refreshes and renews.
Solitude is the price of greatness. It makes you the greatest of the great;
Those That Were Quiet and Heard From God
5. Moses; &
6. All powerful ancient prophets.
Spending time alone with God can help us hear our inner-most voice. Certain tasks are best carried out when no one is around.
– Solitude is staying away from people, computers, phones, newspapers, games, music, tablets, etc;
– Solitude can be locking yourself in a room for few hours, it does not have to be for days;
– Solitude may be getting to work earlier than everybody and placing your head on the locker and having your time; &
– Solitude may be going to a peaceful corner during break in your place of work.
Questions to ask yourself
1. Have you ever heard the Lord’s still small voice?
2. When last were you quiet for 30 minutes?
3. Are you able to just sit down without the noise of radio, television or internet and meditate?
4. Does silence bother you?
5. Do you have trouble meditating? &
6. When last were you in a place that you could hear a pin drop?
– Quietness is listening to God. Proverbs 1:33;
– Quietness is waiting on God. Lamentation 3:25-30;
– Quietness is the opposite of storm;
– Quietness is an orderly life. 1 Thess. 4:9-12;
– Quietness is a treasure of great value;
If you are not getting anything, make sure it is in your spirit that you need to practice quietness.
God comes to us in our quiet moments to speak and to teach. The quietness of that inside will defend you from destruction. We should cultivate strategic quietness.
TWO FACTS TO KNOW
1. Do you know that meditating 15 minutes a day can change your life completely?
2. Do you know that if you speak in tongues for 1 hour a day consistently, for two months, you will become another man.
Quietness of the spirit can be learned. Psalm 131:2 God speaks loudly in the stillness of our spirit. We need to quiet ourselves.
Whenever you feel that you have plenty of things to do and you can’t get all done, take a break and be quiet, meditating. A still small voice cannot be detected in the cloudiness of noise.
Your progress depends on the ability to meditate.
Beloved, you have heard this teaching, put it into practice, start from today, do spiritual retreat: Remember, in quietness and confidence is your strength.
1. Any ancient battle, assigned to pull me down, die, in the name of Jesus;
2. Agents of darkness, my life is not your candidate, clear away, in the name of Jesus;
3. The battle of “you shall not be congratulated, be scattered, in the name of Jesus;
4. Every battle, assigned to waste my time and years, die, in the name of Jesus;
5. Opportunity wasters, your time is up, die, in the name of Jesus;
6. Thou flying pestilence, I am not your candidate, scatter, in the name of Jesus;
7. Every power, assigned to kill my star, die, in the name of Jesus;
8. I fire back every arrow of sickness and infirmity, in the name of Jesus; &
9. O God arise, and teach me to be quiet, in the name of Jesus.
Year 2020: ‘Our year of spiritual revival and new glory’