MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
Sunday Worship Service
September 26th, 2021.
Topic: THE MYSTERIOUS POWER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
Text: Prov 14:34, Psalm 37:37-40, Prov 12:26, Acts 10:35, James 5:16, Prov 28:1, Psa 34:19, Proverbs 11:8
Ministering: Dr. Daniel Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
I want you to listen very carefully because a lot of people do not understand what is going on in Christianity. A lot of people do not understand why we have so many churches and yet things are not changing.
So many people do not even understand what is going on in the nations. In Proverbs 14:34, we see the unchanging words of God making a proclamation. A nation is exalted through righteousness but sin becomes a reproach.
Everything is hinged on righteousness. The Bible says “mark the upright, for his end is peace. Mark also that of the wicked, for at the end of the day, he shall be cut off”.
The wicked can hardly sleep. They are afraid of the future. They are afraid of the environment because they have hurt so many people. All the things we are doing on earth, we may lose our records sometimes, but God keeps His records.
This is why you must listen very carefully and make up your mind. Do you really want to practice Christianity as put in the Bible or you want to practise religion? Jesus came to fight religion, He came to bring salvation.
Religious people come to church, carry Bible, sing, but those with Jesus in their hearts are saved. There is power in righteousness. The power of righteousness is strong enough to exalt a nation.
The power of unrighteousness is enough to pull down a nation. And the Bible says “evil men walk around when the vilest man is exalted”. So once a vile man is exalted, wicked men will be around.
We need to go back to traditional righteousness as put in scriptures. When we say being righteous, what do we mean? Let me explain to you in few words and then bring out certain facts for you, then you make up your mind on what you want to do.
When we say “righteous”, we mean:
– being one hundred percent obedient to God whether that obedience is convenient or not, you just obey God.
– you are doing the right thing. You know what is right and what is wrong and you decide to do the right thing.
The Bible says “I have been young and now am old and I have never seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging bread”. Meaning that if you are righteous, God can never forsake you, and your children can never beg for bread.
===> That is why I am praying for somebody here today that the enemy that is biting your righteousness, the enemy that is making you to leak, may that enemy die today in the name of Jesus. That power to be righteous, may that power come upon you now in the name of Jesus!
The prayers we pray at MFM without boasting or blowing too much trumpet are the most effective prayers on earth, but without being righteous, most of those prayers will just become empty breeze.
Wicked husbands, wicked wives, unfaithful husbands, unfaithful wives, thieves and all kinds of people coming to the house of God, dropping your wife at home, bringing strange woman to church and then you are praying “every power assigned to terminate my destiny, fall down and die!”
You should thank God that it did not first of all kill you because you are that “every power”. You are the one detaining yourself. “Let God arise and let His enemies be scattered!” God will say ” if I arise now, the first enemy to scatter is this man praying” because you are the one battling against yourself by not being righteous.
===> I am praying for anybody here this morning, you are the one waging war against yourself, you are the one hiring a lawyer against yourself, you are the one buying weapons to fight yourself hard, you are the one feeding your enemy to fight you hard, receive your deliverance this morning in the name of Jesus!
– following the ways of God. God put His way down. The way may be very rough but you follow the way of God. The way is rough, unfriendly, but as far as this is the way of God, you follow it.
– standing up for the right thing even if it involves suffering and persecution. The result is not comfortable for you, even though you are standing up for it. It is better to tell lies and to escape but you stand for that truth. That sums it up.
– our flesh must die
– is crude, uncivilised honesty. Plenty of believers lie easily whereas the Bible says if you are telling lies, you are like your father who is the father of lies; the devil.
– is morally clean. You are not the kind of man who will sleep with his secretary, tea girl, or house girl or you are not the kind of person who just takes bribe.
I want you to understand this very well. Being morally clean will bring you persecution, hatred and it is a very serious matter.
– is having a right standing with God.
– is being innocent and faithful to God
– is having integrity. By integrity, we mean your yes is your yes, your no is your no.
– is purity of life.
– is living by every word of God and living the life of Christ.
There are thousands and thousands in MFM and all over the world as believers. If they can just practise this righteousness, they will be amazed that they do not need to pray as hard as they are praying.
They do not need to do as many deliverances as they are doing now. Jesus said something, He said “seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all other things shall be automatic addition”. Heaven will just be adding it without you asking for it.
===> That is why I am praying this morning that there will be somebody here who will connect to the mystery of righteousness and you will decide that you must change your ways so that the Lord too will work in your life.
The principle of God is simple. If you turn, I too will turn. If you walk backwards, I too will walk backwards. If you move close, I too will move close. If you move close to me, I will move close to you. If you move far from me, I will move farther away and then finding God will be so so difficult.
You must key into the mystery of righteousness. The Bible makes us to understand that when you are righteous according to, you are more excellent than your neighbour. The mysterious power of righteousness.
In every nation, whether white or black, whatever you are, wherever you are, if you fear God and you are walking righteously, you are accepted. So a mysterious power of righteousness is that you will become excellent on the earth and you will be accepted of God.
We have unrighteous pastors, unrighteous ushers, unrighteous members, unrighteous workers and this is a serious problem. What God is calling for is this righteousness and this is why we have multiciplity of church and very little impact because the people there are not righteous.
James 5:16 is a very serious scripture. It shows that it is possible to pray without any righteousness in that prayer. The level of the righteousness of the man who is praying determines the efficacy of the prayer that is prayed.
That is, prayer is not just to open your mouth and start talking. There is a level of righteousness required for your prayer to work like fire.
When we declare deliverance, a lot of people come there. When they are coming for deliverance, they remove all the attachment on the hair, the men remove all the wicked chains they are wearing, they take away the jewelleries and within those 5 days they do that, miracles begin to happen.
Because, they are moving towards righteousness. But immediately the deliverance is over, those who were dressing like demons go back to dressing like demons. All those things they dropped at home, they put them back on and the problems come back again.
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availath much. It is not the noise in the prayer, it is the righteousness that is backing up that noise you are making.
===> Father I pray that there will be somebody here today who you will push from the arena of unrighteousness to righteousness in the name of Jesus.
If you are righteous, any witchcraft arrow, any demonic arrow, any meeting of darkness that they are planning against you will not even move close to where you are, it will just backfire. You will just keep hearing that something has happened. And unless they come and tell you the truth of what they have done, you may not know.
But if you are telling lies today, truth tomorrow, today you get angry, tomorrow you steal, the other time it is fornication, and each time you keep coming back and say “Father I am sorry”, there is a ‘father I am sorry’ that gets to the level where heavens say “put this one down as unserious”.
So heaven no longer respects what you are saying. If you are a righteous person, you are completely unconquerable. Any power that wants to defeat you will defeat themselves if you are righteous.
The Bible says the wicked flees when no one pursueth but the righteous are as bold as a lion. The Bible also says “many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him from them all”. These are the mysterious powers the righteous possess.
The Bible also says the wicked will replace the righteous. Meaning that if something terrible is about to happen to the righteous, the Lord takes him out of the way. Then since it has been determined that the tragedy must happen that day, He will replace them with the wicked.
Do you now see that it is a waste of time coming to church and you are not righteous? The Bible says “I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.”
The Bible says the righteous cry and the Lord heareth and delivereth him from all his troubles. The Bible tells us too that righteous shall not be moved. It also tells us that the righteous shall flourish like a palm tree.
If you put a palm tree in the desert, it will grow; in mashy waters, it will grow. No matter the environment you prepare for the palm tree, it will still produce something that will satisfy man. Then, like I told you here, in Proverbs 3:32, For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous.
Make up your mind this morning. Enough is enough of praying prayers and you do not get the kind of results you want. Enough is enough for witches in your household to gather against you and they are succeeding.
It is an insult on your Christianity for somebody to slap you with magical items and it is working in your body. It is an insult on your Christianity that witches will come, urinate in front of your shop and you are not selling anything.
It is an insult on your Christianity that some stupid coven would gather somewhere, take a decision against your life, and it is happening to you. The decision is yours. You have to decide to change. If you change, God will change. If you turn, God will turn.
If you cry to heaven for mercy, that “Father you must help me, I cannot continue like this: fall today, rise tomorrow”. Today, “Father I am sorry” and you have now approached a very dangerous level where you no longer cry for your sins.
When you commit sin, there is no godly sorrow anymore. You have become overfamiliar with the Almighty. You just treat God like your friend and you are taking God for a ride. It is a very dangerous thing and I do not want you to fall into the trap of that danger.
When David took Uriah’s wife and killed the man, he thought his actions were covered but no. As far as heaven is concerned, you might have killed a Goliath before, your powerful music might have driven unclean spirits before, but he still must reap what he had sown.
If you are causing stress and sadness in the family, you will surely not escape. This is a very serious matter. We need to practise that righteousness if not, we are looking for trouble.
Right there where you are, if you know you have issues to sort out with the Lord this morning, better get on your knees where you are and tell the Lord you are sorry for all the unrighteousness you have been practising. You have an opportunity to speak to the Lord this morning here before we go into any form of prayers.
Jesus is here and He wants to bless us. But if we are not righteous before the Lord, it is unlikely that those blessings will be full. The blessings may not come at all. Talk to the Lord this morning. This may be an opportunity you have this year to climb unto the mountain of power.
Jesus is here. He does not recognise jokes and He sees your heart better than I do and He knows you inside out. There is no point in coming to MFM and you call on that God of MFM and He says “But you are not righteous, you are not the kind of person I want you to be”. Talk to the Lord now.
If you want the raw power of God to be manifesting here and also to manifest in our lives, we need to practise righteousness as put in scriptures.
1. Every power that hates to see my joy, you are a liar, die in the name of Jesus.
2. Where is the Lord God of Elijah? Arise, disappoint my enemies in the name of Jesus.
3. Power that wipes away insult, come upon my life now in the name of Jesus.
1. My Father, wherever I have failed you, repair me in the name of Jesus.
2. Every King Uzziah in my spiritual life, die in the name of Jesus.
3. Powers tying me down with failure at the edge of success, die in the name of Jesus.
4. Power of divine acceleration, come upon me now in the name of Jesus.
5. Evil altars calling my name, catch fire in the name of Jesus.
6. Every demon sent to delay me, I bind you and cast you out in the name of Jesus.
7. O Lord, remove the old garment and put a new garment upon my life in the name of Jesus.
8. My Father, open a new doorway that the enemy cannot pass through in my life in the name of Jesus.
9. Every law of satan, be wiped away from my life in the name of Jesus.
10. O Lord, lay your hands upon me and rewrite my story in the name of Jesus.
11. Every strange altar working against my progress, I overthrow you now in the name of Jesus.
12. Any power that has stolen my portion, let my portion vomit them in the name of Jesus.
13. Powers assigned to make me naked, what are you waiting for? Die in the name of Jesus.
14. I command every infirmity in my body to disappear in the name of Jesus.
15. Every curse of “you shall not sit on a high chair”, break in the name of Jesus.
16. Evil legs walking around against me, wither in the name of Jesus.
17. Satanic ropes drawing my miracles away, catch fire in the name of Jesus.
18. Unrepentant powers troubling my life, O God arise, turn them to ashes in the name of Jesus.
19. Arrows of an incurable disease, I am not your candidate, backfire in the name of Jesus.
God bless you!!