MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Yaba, Lagos
Sunday Worship Service
November 28th, 2021
Topic: ALONE WITH GOD
Text: Gen. 32:22-28, Isa. 30:15, Mark 1:35, Mark 4:34
Ministering: Dr. Daniel Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
There is a deep ancient secret that is eluding the modern day man and this is part of why we are so powerless and shallow. Jacob had 2 wives, 2 maid servants, 11 sons, plenty of cattle, yet he knew he was not a blessed man. He did not deceive himself. So you have a car, or have plenty of cars, houses, many children, plenty of things, but it is not the sign that you are blessed. Jacob knew he was not a blessed person.
Everything started for Jacob when he was alone. In the second scripture, we understand that quietness has a mysterious power. For those of you who talk too much, it is why you are weak. “In quietness and confidence shall be your strength”. Now, let us look at Jesus. Jesus went alone in the morning, rising before day.
Listen beloveth, the secret of strength lies in quietness. Quietness is greatly praised in the Bible. The Bible says there is a time to speak, and there is a time to be quiet. If you are speaking when you should be quiet, you are drained of spiritual strength. Many people dread being alone. Some would rather drown than be alone. Being alone with God has both deliverance – therapeutic and spiritual renewing power.
When you are alone with God, it has a strengthening power and re-energizing power. I did not talk about when you are alone and you are crying and feeling sorry for yourself, or you are wondering why your life is like this, or you are thinking and thinking and crying and crying. You are just wasting your time and if you are not careful, you will give yourself high blood pressure. Thinking has never solved anything for anybody.
And like I always tell you here, if crying and weeping can solve any problem, the whole of this world would be a large crying arena. Everybody would be wailing on the streets if they said the louder your wailing is the faster your miracle. So, wailing does not solve any problem. It becomes the words of that my former English teacher who said, “if beards were to signify intelligence, the goat would be a genius”.
So, if crying can bring solution, everyone would be doing it. Jacob had spent his life wrestling with people. He wrestled with his brother Esau. He wrestled with his father Isaac. He wrestled with Laban, the one who gave him wives. He had been wrestling with people all his life. So, this time around when he was alone, God came to him as a wrestler.
It is when we are alone with God that He is able to mould us into something He can use. There are some things that a man will never learn from heaven until he is alone. There are some information that heaven will never download into your spirit when others are around you. So the major failure for today’s Christians spiritually is because we are far from God.
We need to learn how to be getting alone in God, waiting in silence and quietness before Him until He begins to give us information. Even a little silence in our noisy, busy lives can bring greater clarity and sharper vision.
This is now taking me to a level where we have to pray. I ask you a deep question: have you ever heard the Lord’s still small voice? The Bible calls it “a still small voice”. Or do you have a noisy inner man?
Is your heart a zoo of many animals making all kinds of noises? When was the last time you were quiet for 30 minutes, connecting your heart to heaven?
Are you able to just sit down without radio, television, internet, phone, just connecting to your Father in heaven? Or does silence bother you? Is there a satanic party going on inside of you? Do you have what we call “meditation failure” (you have trouble meditating; your heart is dancing about like mosquito going from here to there)?
Are your emotions orderly or disorderly? When last were you in a place so quiet you could hear a pin drop? We need to begin to key into the mystery of quietness. The Bible says “in quietness and confidence shall be your strength”. That quietness is of great spiritual value and is to be desired because God comes to us in our quiet moments to speak to us and to teach us. That quietness of the inside is what will translate to a peaceful existence on the outside.
The truth about our world is this: it is the men who have hatred, war, lust, trouble, inside who transfer it out and cause trouble. Men who have shedding of blood inside, with chaotic internal system that bring chaos to others. Men who are peaceful inside bring peace to others. Quietness will defend you against temptation. He who learns to be quiet inside, keeping quiet and connecting to God will be a strong person.
Somebody said ‘speech is silver, silence is gold’. The Bible says “be still and know…” That is, first of all calm down and then know that He is God. He did not say “be agitated”. He said “calm down, be quiet, then you can know who God is”.
Do you know that meditating on scriptures 15 minutes a day can change your life? Just 15 minutes. The Bible says ‘this book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth but you should meditate on it day and night’. Only in doing so will you be ‘prosperous and you will have good success’ (Joshua 1:8).
So quietness of the spirit is strength of the spirit and God wants you to be strong. Whether you feel that you have so much to do, or if you think you are too busy, that time that you think you have too much to do is the time to stop and take a break and learn from God.
The very first thing for anyone who wants to demonstrate the power of God in this generation to have is quietness of heart. Without that quietness of heart and being alone with God, no serious spiritual work is possible.
It is in that being alone with God and being quiet before God that your mind gains strength. I have studied the Bible and as far as we know, not one word did God ever speak to Abraham in the presence of men. Moses was also a man like that whom God spoke to, alone. All powerful prophets of old practised what we are saying now. They spent time alone with the Almighty. When you spend time alone with God, seven things happen in your life:
1. More productivity: You will be more productive.
2. Time conservation: there you will learn how to save time.
3. Divine energy: that is where you gather strength.
4. Very deep spiritual knowledge.
5. Spiritual clarity: things start becoming clear to you.
6. Divine redirections: Many people need to be redirected. It is in that quiet place that God will say “son, daughter, do not go this way. Go that way”.
7. Divine enablement.
Those are the seven benefits of getting alone with God.
When you want to get alone with God:
1. the first thing to destroy is distractions. Distractions hinder your growth and move you away from the truth of God’s word. Life is full of so many distractions. So, all that worry that you are worrying and crying about is a distraction. It is just keeping you away from being fruitful. Pleasure of life can distract you. So, you want to be alone with God, the first enemy to kill is distractions.
Being alone with God is absence of distractions like useless friends, computers, television, phone, films, radio, newspapers, games, music. All those can totally distract you and you need to get rid of them.
2. You must have a plan of getting away from everybody at least for a while.
3. You might have to lock yourself up in a room for few minutes of quietness to connect to heaven, not to cry, not to meditate about your problems. Sometimes it can be a few minutes before we get out of bed or before we get out to work in the morning.
Sometimes, it might be going to just a peaceful corner during a break in your place of work to be with God. Sometimes it is a few minutes you walk away from people at the bus-stop to be with God. And sometimes it may be that you are at home and you have to switch off the music, phone or TV and everything and budget some minutes to just be with God.
It is a lamentable tragedy that we have joined ourselves to the same world we have been sent to go and protest against. Our generation does not practice being alone with God and therefore we are so weak. This weakness is showing. Make up your mind today that you are going to get a programme of action for yourself that even if it is ten minutes a day, you sit down and meditate.
You can get a scripture, be quiet before the Lord and meditate. It is during such meditations, such connections with God that you hear such composers saying “somebody touched me”. It is that period somebody touches. The man who wrote the song ‘halleluyah chorus’ which is actually the most popular choral music was in solitude for 24 days. No wonder he was able to compose that song called “halleluyah chorus”. It is in situations like this that God gives people creative ideas.
You may have a business but you are not doing what He wants you to do. Do you know that a simple creative idea dropped into your mind from heaven during your quiet time can change everything?
You may say you have a school and there are no students. It is in that quiet moment that God talks. You want to understand the kind of place you are in. You have married already with your eyes closed. Now your eyes are opened and you want information, it is in that quietness and meditation that heaven can drop things into your heart.
God does not speak while man himself is talking. One person must keep quiet for the other. When you are talking, He does not talk. It is when you are now quiet He will talk. It is because of this our lack of quietness that God sometimes shifts His talking to the night in the dream, since you cannot hear anything now; too noisy. Make a plan and it is important you make the plan.
1. Power of any dead person over my glory, break in the name of Jesus.
2. Strong room of darkness, tying me down, catch fire in the name of Jesus.
1. Holy Ghost, overshadow my life in the name of Jesus.
2. Holy Ghost, deliver me from every satanic detention,
3. By fire, by force, my Father, make me unstoppable in the name of Jesus.
3. Powers assigned to stop my light from shining, die in the name of Jesus.
4. Arrows of demotion and stagnation, backfire in the name of Jesus.
5. Any blood in my foundation, speaking against my progress, be silenced by the blood of Jesus in the name of Jesus.
6. Where is the Lord God of Elijah? Arise, increase my speed in the name of Jesus.
7. Powers prolonging my problems, die by fire in the name of Jesus.
8. Powers assigned to frustrate me, scatter in the name of Jesus.
9. Every coven meeting shouting my name, scatter in the name of Jesus.
10. Holy Ghost, rearrange my life for breakthroughs in the name of Jesus.
11. Demonic grave diggers assigned against me, enter your own grave in the name of Jesus.
12. Any power sitting on my laughter, you are a liar, die in the name of Jesus.
13. Every trap assigned to arrest me, catch fire in the name of Jesus.
14. You star of my life, what are you waiting for? Arise and shine in the name of Jesus.
15. Desert and naked spirits, I am not your candidate, come out now in the name of Jesus.
16. Powers conjuring sickness into my body, die in the name of Jesus.
God bless you!