MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
Sunday Worship Service
August 29th, 2021.
Topic: THE SCHOOL OF MOUTH MANAGEMENT
Text: Proverbs 18:7, Psalms 141:3, Matthew 12:36
Ministering: Dr. Daniel Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
Today, we are looking at a very critical topic which has succeeded in stealing so much from so many people and it is good to listen very carefully.
We pray a lot of prayers here and those prayers never go unanswered. The devil does not have as much power as we think.
What he does is to study our weaknesses and position you in a place where you have broken God’s law. Therefore, it is automatic that you get into trouble. He manipulates people; using small things to steal from them.
If there is any university you need to go to very quickly and get a degree, it is the university of mouth control. You must plug your life into the ministry of mouth management.
You do not want to talk yourself out of your miracle, talk yourself out of your breakthrough and hand over your breakthrough to the enemy. It is a small thing but it takes away big things.
That first scripture means that the mouth has mysterious and dangerous capacity to destroy. Meaning that your mouth can kill you. Simple.
It also means that that mouth can be a trap; a snare that the enemy can use to steal from you, to cage you, bastardize your history, to steal your breakthroughs.
In Psalm 141:3, the psalmist prayed this prayer and it is a prayer I want all of us to pray here today. There are prayers and there are prayers. There are some prayers that are very, very serious.
Some prayers cover about 2,000 prayer points. This is one of them. I want you to shout it loud and clear. “Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips”.
The psalmist understood that that mouth can destroy totally. So he said “Lord, set a watch before my mouth, be the gatekeeper of the door of my lips”.
Let me ask you something. This is for everybody. If everyone you know heard every word you said about them, behind their back, how do you think they would feel? Do you think you would still have any friend left?
Do you think you would still have a job in that office if that boss heard what you said behind his back? Would you still be welcome in this church for example if there is one way we can gather what you are telling your children about church and put it on the microphone and put your face on it?
When they are attacking gossips at the gate of hell, do you think they will not mention your name that you are a gossip? “This is local BBC” or “this is local CNN” or “this is the local person who runs mouth diarrhoea”. Do you think that small thing, gossip, will not take you out of heaven?
Do you still find yourself comfortable if for example what you are saying about your church members behind their back is said to them? If you find yourself in that category, I am begging you; I do not even mind going on my knees to beg you that you should stop.
Because, you are losing so much with small and cheap tricks of the enemy. It is a cheap trick that the enemy is using to steal from you anyhow.
===> I pray that the Lord will open your understanding in the name of Jesus!
This is why the book of James talks about taming of the tongue. You need to go to the school of mouth management.
Why do you need to manage that mouth? You need to manage the mouth because:
– your mouth will determine your life’s direction. Infact the truth is that your life today is as a result of what you were saying yesterday. If you keep saying you cannot make it, you will not make it because it is what you have been saying.
– although that tongue is one of the smallest muscles in the body, it has the power to change your life for positive or for negative. This our tongue has the power to determine the course of our lives.
– it can destroy those around you.
– it can destroy your credibility.
– it can take you to hell fire because of every negative word you could not confirm but were repeating and repeating.
You were not there, you did not see it, it did not happen in your presence but you were busy broadcasting it; those kinds of things can land you in hell fire.
When you get to the house of God, you sit down and thank God for bringing you to the service. If the service has not started, take your Bible, read and pray. Do not form the habit of coming to the house of God and begin to chat.
This is not Mountain of chatting and miracles. This is Mountain of Fire. You sit down and talk to your God; the God that has brought you here. The moment of time you want to spend here, you have to be very serious.
The Bible says “But the LORD is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.” When you enter into the sanctuary, you have entered into an holy habitation. You must give God maximum respect.
If you do not respect God, God too will not respect you. So, when you come into His house, sit down, take your Bible. Any friend you want to chat with, do it OUTSIDE. The moment you are here, it is for serious business.
– our mouths determine where we go.
– our words can destroy what we already have.
– that mouth will determine the kind of person you will become.
So, it is a very very serious matter. The Bible says the tongue is an iniquity and a fire, and it is set on the fire of hell. That is, there is a battery attached to the tongue and that battery is in hell fire.
It is set on fire from hell. The anointing that is coming upon the tongue is from hell fire and you must deal with it.
– have creative power
– have a double barrel power
– have a tearing down power
– have undying power
– have healing power
– can work wonders for our lives
– also destroy or poison our lives
– can deliver us from difficulty or trouble
– can move mountains.
The Bible says “whosoever shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.”
– can shapen and define our lives.
So, ask yourself this morning: “what have I been saying?” Sometimes, when I listen to people talk, I say “brother, sister, listen to yourself. Listen to what you are saying against your destiny”.
– have directing power
– can colour our lives negatively or positively
– can write failure in capital letters on our foreheads
– can write success in capital letters on our foreheads
– have destructive and tormenting power
– have the power of life and death
– have building power
– have spreading power.
God Himself is a God of words. A God of speech. For all things were made by the word of God. All things exist and are being held together by that same word of God.
Jesus spoke to angry waves: Words. And those waves were silent. Jesus spoke to the dead and they lived. Jesus spoke to that fig tree and it dried up.
The same man who spoke to the dead to come alive was the same man who spoke to the fig tree and the fig tree died. He was the same man who spoke to the fever in Peter’s inlaw and the sickness bowed.
Words have the capacity to enter into the spirit realm and bring forth the manifestation of good things and bad things. Now what most of us do not know is this: the human body is designed to respond to words.
When you open your mouth and say “my headache, my migraine, my arthritis” like that, your body says “okay, it did not belong to us before, but now that you say it is yours, you have signed the parcel, you have taken it”.
And those words enter into your body because our bodies are designed to respond to words. Words are a dynamic force. They are swords in our hands; they battle for success and happiness. Words can produce wonders or horrors.
If the words of man spoken to inanimate objects like seeds can respond, how much more when you are calling your name and putting evil, prophesying failure and sickness upon your own head?
Even as spiritual people who fight spiritual war, our battle is a battle of words. The children of the devil too, utter incantations. The incantations are words.
We create by our words; whether life or death, for with words, God created the earth. By our words, we can move mountains. Our words are raw materials by which we create or we kill.
Our weapons are created by words. Our weapons are detonated by words. That is why I keep telling you here, it has almost become a poem that I read to people everywhere:
– is the pilot of your aircraft
– is the compass of your life
– is the control room of your life
– is the engine room of your life
– is the driver of your car.
And therefore a closed mouth is a closed destiny. This is a very serious matter and I want you to get yourself ready that:
“As this year is just going on, I must make a spiritual resolution; I must put a watch over my lips. I must not be a tale bearer. I must not slander people. I must not be a gossip. I must not be one of those who will broadcast the enemy’s news.”
“I must not become a satanic broadcasting station. I must be the bearer of good news. I must not be the spreader of bad news. I must be somebody who will bring news that edifies.”
Please, note carefully what I am going to say now:
● discussion is an exchange of knowledge
● argument is an exchange of ignorance. You do not gain anything by arguing. Arguing with your wife or husband is a waste of time because nobody is going to give you a trophy for winning the argument
● silence sometimes has the loudest voice. It is not everything that comes into your brain that you speak.
● our ears work better when our mouths are shut.
● what is known as wisdom is saying nothing when there is nothing to say. Wisdom is to just keep quiet when your talking will not improve any situation because you are no longer a master of words once they leave your mouth
● for those who gossip here: he who gossips to you, will also gossip about you.
● anyone who is speaking is sowing a seed. The one who is listening is reaping something. So, very wise people talk less but say more.
● you are only a master of unspoken words. Once spoken, words become your master.
Ask yourself these questions.
When last did you:
– say something untrue about somebody else?
– say something unkind about somebody else?
– run somebody down by what was said about them, not what I heard?
– verbally lash out at somebody?
– regret something I said?
– help to spread gossip?
– use God’s name in vain; as a swear word when I know it is not true?
– wish you remained silent?
– exaggerate a story you could not even confirm?
The bottom line is that many many believers need the ministry of mouth management. The tongue is often tragically destructive and unless we allow God to control it, it will continue to cause trouble for us.
The truth and which is very sad is that there are demons living in the tongues of some people. Demons that have built mansions inside the tongue. Demons of:
* negative talking
* flattery and boasting
* immorality. When some people open their mouths and talk immorality, you would be surprised.
* using God’s name in vain.
* slander. Slander is to utter a false report with the intention of injuring another person’s reputation.
* backbiting. To backbite is to speak evil of one who is absent and you are not willing to accuse them face to face
* gossip. Gossip can destroy people. People know that gossip is bad, yet they thirst for it. They like it. The only time they hate gossip is when it is about them. This is a very serious matter.
HOW DO YOU MANAGE YOUR MOUTH?
1. Know the dangers. Dangers which I have been pointing out since. The dangers in allowing it to run anywhere it wants.
2. Recognise that the misuse of your mouth is a problem of the heart. Your heart is in trouble, that is why your mouth is misbehaving.
3. Understand why God gave you a tongue. The reason for your tongue is to rejoice and give glory to God.
4. Confess your sins and misuse of your tongue.
5. Refuse to use your tongue for the devil. If he is asking you to repeat an evil news, refuse. Say “no, I am not going to repeat that. Sorry you cannot have me saying that.”
6. You need to minister deliverance on your tongue if you find out that you cannot stop talking rubbish and nonsense.
7. You need to ask yourself 7 QUESTIONS before you speak. This thing I want to say:
– is it true? Even if it is true, do I have to talk about it?
– will it do anybody any good to tell it? If it is not going to do anybody any good, shut up.
– is it helping anybody? If it is not, why say what is not helping anybody? Just shut up.
– is it inspiring? If it is, then say it. If it is not, just shut up.
– does it edify? Is it something that will build people up? If it does not edify anybody, shut up. Do you have to say it? Just shut up.
– is it kind? If it is not, shut up.
– is it necessary? If the answer is no, keep your mouth shut.
8. If someone will not say something in front of you and in front of those concerned, do not listen to them. To listen to them would be gossip.
9. You need to receive a new heart from Jesus. Your heart is like a pump. If you paint the pump outside, it does not make the water sweeter. If you paint it very well and the water is bad, the painted pump does not remove poison from the water.
You have to change the water itself. But changing what is inside, you change what is outside. There is need for a change of heart.
10. You need to ask God for help if you find out you just cannot help it.
11. You need to form the habit of thinking deeply before you speak. Think very well before you start talking.
12. You need to learn how to hold that tongue.
13. You need to learn to listen before you speak.
Those dangerous and wicked words you are saying to your husband or wife, the terrible names you are calling the children like “people with bad heads”, need to stop.
1. Begin to repent before the Lord. Say any area in which I have misused my mouth, forgive me Lord. I do not want to repeat errors, I do not want to be a failure.
2. My mouth, receive the fire of God in the name of Jesus.
3. Powers assigned to turn my glory to shame, you are liars, die in the name of Jesus.
4. Any power that must die for me to move forward, die in the name of Jesus.
5. Pharaoh and Goliath that have joined the journey of my life, today, die in the name of Jesus.
6. Words of witchcraft attacking my star, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
7. Angels of war, pursue those holding what belongs to me and command them to hand it over to me in the name of Jesus.
8. Lions of darkness assigned to devour me, kill yourselves now in the name of Jesus.
9. Instruments of wickedness assigned against me, backfire in the name of Jesus.
10. Any problem that came into my life through my tongue, die in the name of Jesus.
11. Self imposed curses, break in the name of Jesus.
12. Make a vow before the Lord. Say “I will never be part of any gossiping. I will no longer gossip about anybody or anything. I refuse to mortgage my blessings. I refuse to give out my blessings to the enemy”.