MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Yaba, Lagos.
Sunday Worship Service
November 7th, 2021
Topic: LET NOT ONE OF THEM ESCAPE.
Text: 1 Kings 18:40
Ministering: Dr. Daniel Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
In 1 Kings 18, we take our title and message for this morning’s prayers. From there, we take a short phrase for our message this morning.
Until these prophets of Baal were slaughtered, the rain of blessing did not fall upon the people. There are some elements, physical, spiritual or whatever that can be the insulation of heaven, insulation of breakthrough over your head and until the sword of Elijah kills them, there will be no breakthrough.
He said “let not one of them escape” because a single one of them that escapes will go and reorganise and reconcile with others and build up strength and come back to fight again. In several places in scriptures, you see this “do not allow them escape” because the giant you did not kill today will arise later to defeat you or to give you a fight.
That enemy that you left half dead may resurrect again, gather strength and launch a counter attack. Listen very carefully this morning beloveth. This is a time for many crucial decisions. The Bible says “if I keep alive that which I should kill, I make myself a transgressor”.
So those things that ought to die must die, and those things that ought to live must live. You should be able to take some conclusive steps this morning. These days, we have plenty of people who come to church, but no power. We have plenty of people who come to church, no maturity.
We have plenty of people who come to church, they have big names but no authority. They have big titles but no power. They are what the Bible calls “clouds and winds without rain”.
And those of you who are workers here, whether you’re in the choir, an usher, in welcoming team, or this and that: Stephen in the Bible who moved mountains for Jesus, who began to move in signs and wonders and who was the first martyr to be killed, was an ordinary usher.
He was not among the apostles, he was an ordinary usher and he began to preach messages that even the apostles were afraid to preach. He began to move in signs and wonders. That is the standard of the olden days church. The ushers were preaching the word, healing the sick, raising the dead, moving in signs and wonders- just ushers.
So, if you are not really ready to change, MFM is a wrong place to come to. A lot of beautiful names and beautiful faces but that is not what God is looking for, now. What He is looking for now is usable men and women. The scarcity of the power of God in any generation is not the fault of God.
It is because He cannot find usable men and women. Men and women are more interested in dressing up, wearing the latest shoes, buying the latest perfumes, doing all the latest things but without adequate power to cope in this evil generation in which we find ourselves and so every day and night, people are dying like houseflies.
I want you to understand this very well. Majority of the frustrations, lack of fulfilment, financial poverty, powerlessness, chronic insignificance and failure we christians are going through now is because we did not kill those things we should kill. They are escaping.
Elijah said “take ye the prophets of Baal, and let not one of them escape”. The ministry of these days now, if you must survive and if you must carry the power of God in this generation, is the ministry of “let not one of them escape”.
As I stand before you this morning, I am deeply troubled that within the next 50, 60 years, if something drastic is not done, majority of the present day christians who are in church are going to hell fire. They are men and women of carefree attitude.
It is a tragedy that men and women who confess Jesus Christ will spend eternity in hell fire. That is why I say today is a day for conclusive prayer. The kind of conclusive prayer that man of God prayed. He said “Father, the next time I tell lies, let all my teeth fall out!” Conclusive prayer to toe the line of the Almighty.
Matthew 7:13 says “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:” Why is the gate wide and the way broad? It is because you can manoeuvre. You can do whatever you like, talk the way you want, not caring what is going on, and plenty of room to manoeuvre.
But in the narrow way, you are restricted, you are restrained, you are limited, there is so discipline involved, “because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” (Matthew 7:14).
You do not compare yourself with others as Christians, you compare yourself with the Lord Jesus. So this morning the cry is loud and clear: examine yourself. There is a narrow way, there is a broad way. It is not a case of multiple choice questions. You are either in the narrow way or the broad way.
All those works you say you are doing, “I sing, I do this, I do that” the Bible calls them filthy rags. God crushed His only begotten son because of us. So this is a day for self examination. You must as a matter of fact set up a courtroom in your soul. When you do self examination, it will enable you to treat your spiritual wound while it is still fresh before it becomes rotten.
You must kill the bird of sin at an early stage because if it becomes a big bird, it becomes a problem. Use this morning beloveth to search out the pollutions in your spirit, search for those thrones of unrighteousness in your soul and kill them. Do not let any of them escape.
Do not harbour a pet sin that you are cleverly doing under, and you think heaven does not see you. It is a tragedy. Examine yourself. Something is responsible for:
– your spiritual powerlessness.
– the strangulation of your spirit man.
– your spirit man being too weak to fight. How can a man of 60 years still be controlled by a bottle of beer?
– your inability to resist spiritual attacks.
– the enemy to come against you and have a field day.
– the arrows of the enemy to be prospering in your life, because for the enemy to come against you and to succeed, there must be something in your life they are using to get inside.
– for your inability to resist temptation.
– demonic people to call your name “Josiah, come out” and they can bring your spirit out of your body.
– that evil summon that you are responding to.
– those powers threatening you in the dream and that threat is becoming a reality.
– the rapture failure dreams that you are having: rapture is taking place and you are not going anywhere
– your hatred of long session of prayers. Some do not like long prayers at all.
– your tiredness in the spirit realm
– making you to choose to commit sin instead of suffering
– making you to fail to embrace the cross of Christ.
– your spirit man to be featherweight. So, anytime the devil looks at you, he could blow breeze at you and blow you to the bar beach or one baba on the mountain; he just blows you all over the place. So you have become a prayer collector.
– you to only want to work for God when there is monetary gain.
– you to just fall down when a war comes against you
– regular dream defeat
– the worry and anxiety that has captured your soul and every time you are developing high blood pressure.
– the laziness of the heart and laziness of the memory and you cannot memorize the word of God, you cannot go deep into the things of God.
– the spiritual dullness you are experiencing
– the oppression that is penetrating into your life
– your vagabond prayer life: prayer life that has no root, no tap root.
– your deep rooted unbelief of the powerless tongues you are speaking.
God spoke in the garden. The serpent contradicted the word of God. It was now left for Eve to believe one or the other. God said “this is it”. The serpent said “it is not like that”. Eve chose the serpent and obeyed the serpent. This is where we find ourselves now.
The Bible makes us to understand that the heart of man is desperately wicked, who can know it? Shine a light. Put a searchlight in the laboratory of your heart.
A heart can be:
– grieved; it needs surgery.
– sorrowful; it needs surgery.
– soft, so soft that all things go in; it needs surgery.
– a heart of wax; it needs surgery.
– a failing heart; it needs surgery.
– broken; it needs surgery.
– fleshy, always thinking about things of the flesh; it needs surgery.
– wicked, every though of the heart is wicked; it needs surgery.
So as we are here today, we have categories of people and categories of Baal living inside each person. Your heart is like a zoo; there are different animals living in there. You have to kill those animals. Let not one of them escape. The one that escapes will bring your battles back, and this is the mystery of problems that refuse to go away.
This is the mystery of enemy launching attacks because what you should kill is alive. You are saying “every witchcraft power working against my life, die!” but the witch in you which is rebellion to God is still alive and you want to go and kill the witch outside.
That is why our prayers are sometimes not effective because you say the witch should die but it is the witch in you that should die first. Check your heart now.
Do you have:
– an evil heart?
– a hardened heart?
– a deceitful heart?
– a proud heart?
– a hypocritical heart?
– a foolish heart?
– what the Bible calls ‘abominable heart’?
– what the Bible says a double heart? You are not stable, your mind is here and there.
– a defiled heart?
– a wounded heart?
– an arrogant heart? You have promoted yourself above other people and you feel that you are better than every other person.
– a stony heart?
– a lustful heart?
– a blind heart?
– the unknowing heart?
– the uncircumcised heart?
– the darkened heart?
You might be pushing these things aside but heaven sees them and is pointing to them, saying “will you allow this evil to escape? If you allow it to escape this is what is happening.” God told Saul “kill the amalekites. Do not reserve any. Let none remain.”
But he did not. He reserved some of them and eventually and they came back to trouble the Israelites later. So, today is a day for conclusive prayers. The Bible tells us in Mark 10:15 that “Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.”
You need to become a child before God today. Who are the best learners on the planet? Children. Who are the best questioners on the planet? Children. Who are the most persistent human beings on earth? Children. Who are the most active humans on earth? Children. Who are those who get the most pleasure out of simple things? Children.
Who are those who make the most astonishing, original associations? Children. Who are those that are quick to forget quarrel, bitterness and move on? Children. That is why the Bible says “except you receive the kingdom of God as a little child, you shall not enter therein”.
When the judgment comes, that hidden thing that you are keeping, that you do not give up, it will reveal you. When attacks come, it will reveal you.
1. Every assignment of dark hunters against my star, wither in the name of Jesus.
1. Power of King Uzziah in my life, die in the name of Jesus.
2. O God arise, kill every idol in my heart in the name of Jesus.
3. Every thing I have suffered in ignorance, clear away in the name of Jesus.
4. Dark powers that have taken advantage of me, die in the name of Jesus.
4. Where is the Lord God of Elijah? Draw me out of the dark law of my family line in the name of Jesus.
5. O God arise, deliver my destiny from the hands of men in the name of Jesus.
6. Powers mentioning my name in the coven, fall down and die in the name of Jesus.
7. Satanic imagination against my existence, scatter in the name of Jesus.
8. Powers calling my name from the grave, shut up by fire in the name of Jesus.
9. Eaters of flesh and drinkers of blood, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
10. Witchcraft manipulation, I am not your candidate, backfire in the name of Jesus.
11. (Pray this 3 times) Powers stealing from my land, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
God bless you❗