MFM International Headquarters Sunday Service
Topic: Teaching series – Every member, a prophet Part 5 (The Power of Brokenness)
Ministering: Dr D.K Olukoya (G.O, MFM Worldwide)
Anchored Scripture: John 12:24, Psalm 84:13, Psalm 51:17
We continue on the teaching series: ‘Every Member, a Prophet’. The aspect we are going to look at today, has a powerful cord in it. It is ‘the power of a broken life’.
The power of a broken life.
Many many years ago, I want you to listen to me very carefully especially the young ones, if you are below 50 years of age.
Many years ago, this country that you see called ‘Nigeria’, was in very thick spiritual darkness.
The darkness was so thick you can almost cut it with a knife. It was a terrible situation indeed. People give birth to 20 children and with their own hands they bury 19. Not because those dead children were sick, it is because dark powers had eaten them up.
Witches use to fly in the afternoon then. The witch cry and the child dies tomorrow, so an adage says. It was not so, it was ‘the witch cries and the child dies immediately’.
You dare not call any one a witch or witches then. You call them ‘senior mothers’.
Hunters get to the bush, they shoot animals at sight and when they get there, what they see is dead humans. These were the kinds of horrible things that happened then.
It was true that missionaries came to Nigeria.
It was at this church a man was preaching, and three women were just chatting away.
The man confronted them and asked why they were chatting away, that are they witches?
These three women got angry and responded to him and said, ‘you are calling us a witch when your mother is among us’. That he will not come down from that pulpit. This man of God never came down from that pulpit.
Many of the professors that are saying there is no god, it’s because something happened before they were born and there are no dark powers and idols roaming everywhere like as at that time anymore.
People go to church then, and see the images. All kinds of things happened then and was going on. If it had continued like as at that time, many of you will not be here.
If it had continued, no one will be gathering anywhere to worship or do service.
Until God began to raise local men who understood the terrain and pathway to power.
Let me tell you one secret. If you get the power of God in your life, you are the first beneficiary to enjoy it before anyone starts enjoying it.
If you get the power of God, you can never be poor again.
That lack of power has caused so many terrible things now. Where there is power, there is no struggle. Who will struggle with you when they know you will beat them down mercilessly.
Until when God started to raise prophets like Apostle Babalola. One thing about that man of God (Apostle Babalola), he was a broken man.
Daddy G.O shares several events about Great Apostle Babalola:
The great apostle entered a strange town in the southern part of this country, in that town, there were several killings going on then.
He had a crusade there for three days. He told the people that anyone who had strange powers should bring them to the crusade ground.
Some came with bangles, some came with chains, some even came with strange attires.
Someone took a picture of that incident then, I saw it.
Where they threw those juju powers brought by people, was as tall as a three storey building and the man of God set fire on them (idols), they began to burn. Just as Paul set them on fire and burned the idols.
There was a woman called ‘Ajike’, who brought a wrist band and wanted it burned.
While others objects were burning, the waist band jump out of the fire and spoke, ‘Ajike’, is this how we are going to separate? She responded and said ‘yes, Jesus has separated us’.
The man of God didn’t care whether it (the demonic object) was talking, he picked it up again and put it in the fire.
The thing (wrist band) jumped out again, and spoke to ‘Ajike’ again: ‘if you know we can’t continue, then give us our pot’. Ajike responded again that when she leaves the crusade ground, she will return the pot back to the spot where she collected it. See the kind of powers women had then.
My sister, you are seated down there, and the lady seated beside you have a bag beside you. If all of a sudden, that bag beside you began to speak ‘Yoruba’, you will jump out and shout ‘Blood of Jesus’ or run away or say you’re not coming again to this service again..
Here were men who saw idols and they put these idols in fire, it is because they were broken men.
Another town where Python is worshipped visited by the Great Apostle Babalola:
There was another town, they worship a python. It was on a hill in surrounded by a deep forest. Nobody enters that forest and return back alive.
I’m explaining these things to you especially those of you blowing big big grammars now.
It is in the Bible, Moses threw down his rod and it became a serpent, the magicians of pharaoh did the same too. Where did they get their powers from?
Jesus said ‘behold I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy’.
Here in the mountain of fire and miracles ministries, We don’t teach that the enemy has no power but we as children of God, have a greater power.
The great apostle went to the king of that town. Kabiyesi, long may you live. I want to visit the python of this town. He said ‘nobody enters that place and comes out alive’. Those that even wanted to urinate and they moved close to the territory froze on the spot.
He (Prophet Babalola) embarked on the journey to the hill with his disciples and people of the town followed him. They got to the edge and stop following him. As he approached the hill, the black pot that the black serpent stayed broke to pieces. When the serpent saw a greater power, it fled.
When the people saw that the serpent fled, the people that had no courage before, followed it to kill it.
They killed the serpent that had held them in bondage for years.
Another mission by the great apostle at Oke Iye town, narrated by Daddy G.O:
Then the man of God landed on a revival at oke iye to pray on a river. People withdrew their families from hospitals and went there. They were fetching the water from streams. He went to the river and prayed there. This river that he prayed on, the WHO (the World Health Organization) said the water is not palatable for drinking, it had guinea worm. It could be scientifically referred to what is called ‘Dracunculus Medinensis’.
They (those who came to be healed of their infirmities) drank the water, nobody had giuinea worm. They drank the water dry. When the water dried up, they began to squeeze the water of the mud.
As at the time God used this man of God to do did all these signs, he was just 26 years of age.
You are 30 years of age in this meeting, 40 years of age and we are still preaching to you ‘don’t do fornication’, and you’re still struggling to take heed to a primary teaching like this, it is because you are not broken.
Many are not seeking after that power, many are seeking for something else.
How did this man of God received the path to that power? He was a broken man.
There were many who were 40 years then, 50 years then, 60 years then and they were the great apostle’s disciples. Those men will prostrate before him, he will asked them to stop. They will say they are not prostrating before him, that it is the God in Him they are prostrating to. He will also prostrate to them that he is greeting his elders.
If we get a few believers who are thoroughly broken, the world will be a better place.
God sent you to that place to demonstrate the power of God, instead of you to demonstrate the power of God, you’re sleeping with your boss.
Many come to the mountain of fire and miracles, some come to look for wives, some come here to dupe people.
Some people come here with ladies who are not their wives. Many will come here to look for ladies who they will take to the eatery and cinema after this service. When they have finished with you, and they package your corpse like they have done to many others, you will discover it’s too late. May it not be too late for you in Jesus name!
Read: John 12:24, Psalm 84:13. These are the kinds of people God is close to.
In the eyes of men, anything regarded as broken, they are regarded as useless in the eyes of men.
To God, only that which is broken is useful. It’s a broken soil that produces fruit. It’s a broken grain becomes bread. Listen carefully beloved.
God’s vessels are only useful to him when they are broken.
One thing about peter was that he was a broken man, when he discovered that he had sin against the Lord, he broke down and wept.
Some don’t even shed genuine tears and have regret for their sins. Every sin you commit demotes your spiritual power. So you’re kissing other people’s wife, kissing and sucking other people’s breast and you want the Lord to use you to do wonders. That mouth you use to suck and lick other people breasts. You are using that eyes that is suppose to be seeing spiritual visions to watch pornography.
It’s the absence of that brokenness that is our problem today.
G.O narrates another real life incident:
There was a man called bramischolar. He was a science subject teacher. One day he had a preacher preaching that people surrender their life to Jesus. He wandered what was the man preaching. He made up his mind to discover what the prophet was saying. He studied the bible for 13 years, and he came back to that man preaching and said what he studied for 13 years in the Bible, that preacher was just preaching 2% of it.
The kind of lives many are living is a quiet, silent, terrible habit and sin. This is what paralyzes their spiritual life and exposes them to the enemy’s attack. Many have the anointing of hell fire in their body. Many have something in them that attracts them to hell fire.
What is brokenness?
1. It is death to flesh. Your body is commanding you to go and commit something bad, brokenness says no. Some one is insulting you, brokenness says ‘don’t respond’.
2. It is offering of 100 percent of our lives to God.
3. It is obeying like that singer sang ‘all to Jesus I surrender’.
4. It is total control of every area of our lives to Jesus.
5. Complete surrender to God.
6. It’s the humble response to divine conviction. It is saying ‘yes Lord’ to the Lord all the time whether what it’s asking you to do is convenient to do or not. You want to eat your food, it’s saying ‘go on three days fasting’ and you obey. Someone is provoking you to anger, the Lord is saying ‘don’t talk’.
7. Brokenness is pulling down the walls protecting sin.
8. It is giving up your own personal right.
9. It is giving up your selfish interest. Not you justifying your action. That is the difference between Saul and David. When Samuel went to Saul, ‘you’re wrong’, he (Saul) was trying to justify himself. When prophet Nathan went to David, thou hast sin against God. He agreed and admitted he was wrong. He said: ‘Ask the Lord to forgive me’.
10. It is when your pride dies. Some have been coming to MFM for years, character is still the same. In the house they live, nobody can follow them to church, their character have not displayed Christ.
11. It is godly sorrow for your sin.
12. Biblical tears for your disobedience.
13. True humility.
14. Laying down your dreams for God’s dream.
15. Knowing that you’re lost without God.
16. Letting off your control to God.
17. It is saying: ‘not my will but your will’ be done.
18. It is crushing the idol in your heart.
19. Seeing your sin as a big and an unholy affair.
20. It is having concern about your spiritual life.
21. Along God to have free access to your life.
22. It is letting go and let God have His way.
23. Complete emptying of self.
24. It’s for this world that is passing away to loose it hold from you.
25. To understand that people are not of the same level.
26. To shun every known sin.
27. To be motivated to serve God without desire for profit.
28. Being teachable.
29. It is not when you come to church to pick what you want. Some will say come to church and take one thing out of many they are saying.
The truth is this, when you’re broken, majority of your spiritual warfare is over. Satanic attack cannot take hold of your life if your flesh isn’t cooperating with them.
Will there be someone today who is crying here that ‘Lord, I want to be broken’. ‘Dismantle the pot of my life and make me a new clay’.
Rise to your feet and all eyes closed.
Begin to talk to the Lord yourself, that ‘Father, I want to serve you’. What ever area in my life that needs to be broken to pieces, Lord break them now in the name of Jesus!
Break my pride, Talk to the Lord now. Jesus is here, that is why he brought you here this morning.
Jesus wants us to conform to his image. He doesn’t mind smashing you to pieces as far as He have control of your life.
Why don’t you allow him to break this pot and remold you afresh so that you can be who God wants you to be?
God is looking for revived people, those who will pursue his mandate in this wicked generation.
Will you be enlisted as a volunteer. Will you answer ‘yes to the Lord’ that has been talking to you?
Before Men Choir Ministration, Prayers by Daddy G.O:
There are 7 prayers to pray in this first Sunday. They are prophetic and as many that love their destinies, let them pray with their mind. Let them pray with holy anger and holy hatred:
1. Powers that have vowed that I will never be great, before I leave this place, die in the name of Jesus!
2. Strange powers positioning me for failure, run mad and die in the name of Jesus!
3. Demonic powers multiplying themselves against me, scatter in the name of Jesus!
4. My destiny shall arise and disappoint my enemies in the name of Jesus!
5. Powers assigned to convert my garment of praise to garment of grave, I bury you now in the name of Jesus!
6. Powers crushing my breakthroughs at the point of possession, what are you waiting for, die in the name of Jesus!
7. Any power assigned to share my star with strangers, die in the name of Jesus!
After Sermon, Prayers by Daddy G.O:
This single prayer point is above 200000 prayer points, pray it from your heart:
8. My Father, break me and remold me in the name of Jesus!
9. Idols of iniquity in my heart, break in the name of Jesus!
10. I bind and cast out every spirit of death and hell in the name of Jesus!
11. Anything in my life making Heaven unhappy, depart in the name of Jesus!
Announcement by Daddy G.O:
1. Don’t forget the quenching the rage prayers starts on Tuesday night. You anoint yourself before praying the 15 minutes Prayers. It is important you observe it because of the nature of the year. It’s from 7th of January to 7th of February 2020. Prayers starts from 12am to 12:15am.
Year 2020: ‘Our year of spiritual revival and new glory’