MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Yaba, Lagos
Sunday Worship Service
October 31st, 2021
Topic: MEN WHO MET GOD
Text: Isaiah 6:1-9
Ministering: Dr. D.K Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
It has been well said that it is better to teach a man to fish than to give the man fish. This message is like that this morning, teaching you how to fight instead of giving you fish. It is better to know how to fish than to be hunting for those to put fish in your hand.
Listen to me very very carefully this morning. Whether you are young, old or you have been in MFM for a while, whether you have been listening to plenty of messages, listen to this one very carefully.
I want you to listen carefully. An encounter with the Almighty is better than meeting any pastor whether you know the name of the pastor. A five minute encounter, just five minutes is better than all the general overseers and bishops in the world meeting you for one year.
If God lays His own mighty hand upon your head, it is better than you gathering all prophets in this planet and they lay their hands on your head one by one.
===> One prayer I am praying for you as you are listening to me here is that whether it is convenient for you or not, whether it is convenient for your enemies or not, you will meet God! You will encounter the Almighty in the name of Jesus.
Listen beloveth. It is a strange thing in life, that we know everything but we do not know ourselves. We never really come to know ourselves. As a pastor, I find it strange that there are so many people who do not know themselves.
Sometimes, 50% of my work is to convince people of who they are. You see a champion standing before you, he does not know he is a champion. We never really come to know ourselves. The major reason is that we cannot get quiet enough before God.
The Bible says “in quietness and confidence shall be your strength.” Everywhere is noise. Noise in the morning. One wakes up in the morning and puts on the radio which begins to shout. When the radio is not shouting, the phone is shouting.
He gets into the car and puts on music; that one too begins to shout. In traffic, noise. When he gets to the office, noise noise throughout. He closes from work and enters into noise again. Goes back home and the first thing is to put on the television. Noise again.
And he listens to the noise and noise and watches home videos until he sleeps and he sees home video actors in his dream. Let me tell you the truth: if you are watching home videos every night to sleep, forget encounter with God. God does not talk to such people.
So, the current day Christian does not get quiet before God to get information. And sometimes prayer which is a two way thing becomes a one way thing. “Father, do this, do that”. After that hot prayer, he stands up and runs away.
You just sent one way traffic to heaven, you did not wait to hear what heaven has to say concerning the prayer you have prayed. So you run off. You are not getting information.
There are two kinds of knowledge:
1. There is knowledge that comes from description. That is, one person comes to you and describes something to you, then you gain knowledge from the description he gives to you.
Maybe you have never been to the stadium. Someone who knows the stadium comes to you, and describes the stadium to you. So it is possible to get knowledge by description.
2. There is knowledge by experience. That is, you actually experience it, and you can give that knowledge. So, these are the two ways of getting knowledge to know God.
So many know God by description. “He is the Almighty” Yes. “He did this or that” Yes. They are describing Him to you. But you, have never met Him.
===> I want to pray for somebody here this morning, whether it is convenient for you or not, whether your enemy likes it or not, you shall encounter the Almighty in the name of Jesus!
Listen to these serious important statements:
1. The happy Christian is the one who has been captured and enslaved by the Lord. Those are the happy Christians.
2. The happy Christian is the one who has burnt all the bridges in every direction. He has burnt all. So he or she no longer wishes to escape or go back.
3. The happy Christian beloveth, is the one who has personally met the Lord. Unfortunately, many present day believers are poor examples of what Jesus has come to the world to do.
In meeting God, Adam was dragged from his hiding place. Adam hid, but God called him and questioned him.
In meeting God, God told Noah “problem is coming but I want you to escape from this problem”. In meeting God, you get information. And they say information is power.
Why are you doing that business and it is not prospering? It is because you lack information. What is it that for some things you do, you would have finished doing them and invested but nothing is coming forth? It is because it is information you lack, it is information you need.
In meeting God, Noah was told there was no escape and he built his boat and there was escape. Jacob wanted God’s blessings but he had no relationship with God until he met God through the staircase to heaven. He lived a life of impact.
There is no man or woman, boy or girl who will meet the Lord and your life will not make impact. What I am saying this morning has nothing to do with age. The Bible says “I am wiser that my elders”. It has nothing to do with age.
That is why the Bible says “your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall prophesy”. God was speaking to Samuel at a young age, and speaking to Moses at the age of 80; therefore it has nothing to do with age.
It just has to do with seriousness, determination and a heart to meet God. Do you want your life to make impact? Then you need a meeting with the Almighty. Samuel in meeting God heard the voice of God and he received a mandate as a prophet in Israel.
Since that Samuel met the Lord, he became a man of impact. When you want revival in your spiritual life, a true revival will only start when you meet the Lord. Those who met Him in scriptures were never the same after they met Him.
Do you notice you are stagnant spiritually? You need to catch a revelation of the Almighty. This is a very serious matter. This is what I am bringing forth to you this morning. Read through your Bible from the first page to the last page, you see that once men met God, that was it. They were the ones who made impact in their generation.
Make up your mind this morning. There are prayers and there are prayers. You can pray and God will appear in your dream the way He appeared to Jacob. You can pray right there where you are now and God opens your eyes.
You can pray and God talks to you the way you can hear me talking to you now, and you hear His voice. You can pray, you close your eyes and you see the things of God, you open your eyes, and you can see the things of God.
You can pray yourself into the prophetic. It is not everybody that God called in the Bible. “And God called him”, “and God called him”. There are some people God did not call, they prayed themselves into relevance.
When You Meet God, the Almighty:
What you see determines what you know. What you know determines how far you will go.
– you will know your position. He will tell you your position. When Peter met God, and Jesus said “throw your net to the right side” and he caught fishes, Peter looked at Jesus and said “depart from me for I am a sinner”.
He saw himself. Many of us have not seen ourselves yet. Some are even thinking in their hearts that they are very good. The Bible says that all that righteousness you are putting together is filthy rags.
– you will see your sins for what they are. All those ugly sins that you are committing. When you meet God, you are experiencing His presence, and you begin to receive information that will move your life forward.
Information will move your life forward. If you do not have that information, you will be in trouble. Lack of that information is what is troubling so many lives.
– it is then you receive spiritual vision. God opens your eyes. You see things others do not see and you are keying into the inner circle of heaven. You know what the inner circle of heaven is discussing. Where you are, what is going to happen to you next year or even in 2 years, the Almighty tells you.
God will now tell you “son, keep quiet, do not say anything. Just behold what is going to happen”.
===> I am praying for somebody here, I am praying from my heart that you will meet the Almighty, you will receive an encounter that will change your destiny for ever in the name of Jesus!
– the anointing to excel comes upon you
– whether the enemy likes it or not, your destiny will just move forward. And as you are moving, there is nothing they can do.
– those demons that have been hovering around you, because of the presence of the Almighty around you and the shadow of the Almighty around you, flee. When you carry your presence to a place, darkness will flee.
There is a difference between meeting the G.O, meeting a prophet, meeting a pastor and meeting the Almighty God. What I do is to point you to that Almighty God so that you too have your personal encounter with Him.
I knew when I had mine. I knew what happened to me. I know how I felt. I know how tired I was of everything in this world put together. I know how I did not feel like talking to human beings anymore.
===> I am praying for you here this morning, you will encounter the Almighty God in the name of Jesus!
– you see backsliding as a disgrace. You have gone too far
– your priorities will change. Some people’s priority is to dress and go to parties and dance there and shake their waists vigorously. Some others, it is just to wear nice clothes without caring where they come from.
But when you meet God, your priorities will change. Then you will begin to experience new beginnings. Then you experience fresh fire. Your spiritual life will pick up fire and then very deep secrets about yourself, family, nation will be revealed to you when you meet God.
– then you can receive fresh direction and things begin to happen. This is a very serious matter.
If you are here and you cannot do without cigarettes, forget about meeting God. You cannot do without alcoholic drinks, forget about meeting God. You cannot do without giving and receiving bribes, forget meeting God.
You cannot do without free women, forget meeting with God. You cannot do without having a boyfriend or girlfriend, forget meeting God. You cannot do without sex outside marriage, forget meeting God. You cannot do without telling lies, forget meeting God.
You cannot do without worldly fashion, forget meeting God. You cannot do without wearing seductive dresses, forget meeting God. You cannot do without watching immoral movies, forget meeting God. You cannot do without backbiting and gossiping, forget meeting God.
You cannot do without showing pride, forget meeting God. You cannot do without boasting of your position, forget meeting God. You cannot do without reckless driving, forget meeting God. You cannot do without using hard drugs, forget meeting God.
You cannot do without reading sexy novels, sexy magazines and pornographic materials, forget meeting God. You cannot do without overeating, gambling, losing my temper, abortion, false humility, masturbation, revenge when somebody offends you, forget meeting God.
You need a divine encounter. An encounter that will catapult you from where you are to where you want me to be. There are keys for this:
1. Complete repentance. This is why MFM preaches holiness within and without. I am sure that if you see anybody coming to our services with seductive dresses or a lady wearing trousers or showing breasts or any areas, you believe they are visitors.
2. A time alone with God. God did not speak one single word to Abraham until Abraham left the company of men. Enoch, Noah, Jacob, Moses, all the prophets had time alone with God.
3. Every form of falsehood must depart from your life. False nails, false eyelashes, all fake. All falsehood must die.
4. You must pray until you meet God.
5. Give up anything God wants you to give up. Nothing is too big for you to give up in order to meet God. Do not win in God’s wrestling match with you.
5. Thirst and hunger for God. You must thirst and hunger for God.
Those are the ways to have the encounter. This morning, you and I have prayers to pray. The prayers are for the serious minded. How beautiful will it be if all men can meet God!
1. Battles at the edge of my breakthroughs, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
2. Powers that pursued my parents and are now pursuing me, die in the name of Jesus.
(Bow down your head and ask the Lord to forgive you of any sin that will make heaven to reject you, any sin that will make the oil to reject your head).
1. My father, appear in my life in the name of Jesus.
2. My father, deliver me from strange battles in the name of Jesus.
3. My father, accelerate my speed in the name of Jesus.
4. Every gang up against my prosperity, scatter in the name of Jesus.
5. (Pray this 3 hot times) Powers multiplying my yokes, die in the name of Jesus.
6. Every good thing that I have lost, I recover them by fire in the name of Jesus.
7. Every rage of domestic witchcraft against my life, scatter in the name of Jesus.
8. Every cage of the wicked attacking my family, break in the name of Jesus.
9. Every “while men slept” problems, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
God bless you!