The subject of glory is very deep. Every individual created by God has a glory and everyone’s glory is unique. The Bible makes it clear that there are different kinds of glory.
1 Corinthians 15:38-41
But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. All ﬂesh is not the same ﬂesh: but there is one kind of ﬂesh of men, another ﬂesh of beasts, another of ﬁshes, and another of birds. There are also celestial bodies and bodies terrestrial.” but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
And he said, I beseech thee shew me thy glory.
In the Bible passage above, Moses asked God to show him His glory because he knew that once he has access to the glory of God, his life would never remain the same.
The issue of glory is so important that even God Himself guards His own glory jealously. God says in Isaiah 42:8: I am the LORD: that is
my name: and my glory will not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
God says lie will not share His glory with another. The word “glory” is an interesting word. Glory means so many things: it means honour, a distinguished quality. Glory means outstanding. Glory means magniﬁcence.
The Bible also makes it crystal clear that there is the glory of God. The glory of God means the special manifestation of the revelation of the divine power. It means the physical signs of God’s presence in a person‘s life. The glory of God means the glorious presence of God that travels from His throne to shine on one. It means the overshadowing power of God that can protect, deliver, empower and suit a person. The glory of God incubates refreshes and prospers a person.
BENEFITS OF GLORY
When the glory of God is upon your life, you don’t need to pray about deliverance; you don’t need to pray about healing and prosperity because the glory of God is enough to give you everything. The glory of God is the seal that protects the saints. It is the protective, preservative, glorious presence of God. It is a divine aura surrounding a person. It is the tabernacle of God into your life, it is having access into the mysteries of God.
It is a tragedy if you don’t encounter the glory of God; it will be unfortunate if the enemy has taken the glory of God away from your life— Acts 12:21-23: “And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them. And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost. ”
Herod made a mistake and the angel of the Lord smote him. Herod put James to death. He planned to cut off Peter’s head. When he found out that Peter had escaped, he killed the sixteen soldiers that guarded Peter. Herod caused sixteen funeral services. He created sixteen widows and sixteen fatherless homes. Despite all his sins, God never did anything to him. However, the day he tampered with the glory of God Almighty, Herod received swift judgement.
This shows how serious God guards His glory.
TYPES OF GLORY
As far as man is concerned, there are four kinds of glory.
- Glory given to you by the LORD: It is part of what God has and has given to you; His glory radiating upon your life, just like He did for Moses.
- Inherited glory.
- Acquired glory.
- lnborn glory.
The Bible says that God’s ultimate purpose for you is to carry His glory. Every man has deposited glory. Your glory is your shining forth.
Your glory is your tangible virtue. Your glory is your internal Moses; the Moses God has deposited in you for the days of trouble. Your
glory is your destiny promotion; it is your quota of divine excellence planted in you.
Your glory is your unique capacity. Your glory is what you can do but you have not done yet. Your glory is the star of your destiny. Your glory magnetises favour unto you. Your glory is your urge for greatness. lt is the positive aura that God has used to surround you.
The trouble about glory is that it can be stolen. It can be transferred, it can be lost, it can fade away, it can sink, it can be killed, destroyed,
buried or turned to shame. The devil’s agenda is to bury the glory of man. When somebody goes from grace to grass, his glory has been buried.
When somebody is suffering from poverty of clear thinking; when the person cannot think clearly about the consequences of the actions he is taking, this means the person’s glory has been buried.
STEPS TO DELIVERANCE
- You need to surrender your life to Jesus Christ: You need to completely surrender your life to Jesus. When you surrender your life to Jesus, all beggarly powers are swept away. Perhaps there is something you are using to gain power, that thing will help you to bury your glory if you don’t surrender to Jesus.
- You need to obey completely: You must do what God wants you to do. You must hearken to His voice. You must obey God in everything He says you should do.
- You need to pray recovery prayers to recover what the enemy has stolen from you: There is no gentle way of arresting anything evil. The only way to arrest evil is through violent prayers.
Beloved, in this year of supernatural ease and double honour, the God that answers by ﬁre will make your glory to shine and your joy shall be full, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I thank You because You are good and Your mercy endures forever, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, avail and prevail for me this month, in the name of Jesus.
- O God arise, baptise me with Your Spirit and fire in the name of Jesus.
- O God arise and baptise me with the oil of unprecedented favour. in the name of Jesus.
- Any power, programmed against my glory, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every good road closed against me, open by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, by Your name JAH, let my glory manifest and shine ceaselessly, in the name of Jesus.
- Any cage of darkness where my (destiny/business/career/marriage/ministry/ﬁnance) has been shut, I force you open, in the name of Jesus.
- Where is the Lord God of Elijah? Arise, bombard my life with multiple breakthroughs this month, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, Let Your peace that passes all understanding overshadow my life, in the name of Jesus.
Sermon Preached by
Dr. D. K. Olukoya
MFM Ministries Worldwide
MFM Sermons NG ……..inspiring SERMONS, FIRE PRAYERS!