MY PHARAOH MUST DIE
Dr. D. K. Olukoya
The message for this week is a prophetic one. Let us look at a few scriptures. In Exodus 15:9-12, we read about Pharaoh’s vow and the reaction of God Almighty. Psalm 18:37 also says, “I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed.”
Many years ago, as a woman in a labour room was about to give birth, a red bird flew into the labour ward. The bird spent a little time, looked at everyone there and flew out. The woman did not see the bird again until the day that baby who had now grown up was wedding. At the reception hall, the red bird came again, landed on the reception table, looked at everyone and flew out. The girl getting married did not know anything about the red bird but the mother remembered that she had seen the bird somewhere. It occurred to her that it was during the time she was about to give birth to the girl. Nobody saw that bird again until the girl who got married was about to give birth in a hospital. This bird flew in as usual and was looking at this woman who had just been delivered of a baby. The nurses saw the bird and wondered what it was doing in the labour ward. So they closed all the windows and used sticks to beat it to death. In their attempt to do this, they completely forgot the woman who had just been delivered of a baby. By the time they turned again to her, she had died. Something began to pursue her right from the day she was born unto the grave. That is one of the characteristics of Pharaoh.
What then is the meaning of Pharaoh?
Pharaoh means the son of the sun. The Egyptian kings were regarded as gods and the name Pharaoh has to do with destruction of good things in their infancy.
1. The spirit of Pharaoh is a destiny terminator. Pharaoh was the one that gave instruction that all male children of the Israelites must die and baby Moses was going to be eliminated but for God’s intervention.
2. It is the spirit behind hardened enemies. Pharaoh’s heart was so hard that the Lord had to bombard him with ten plagues, and even after the ten plagues, he still pursued the Israelites.
3. It is the strongman leading an evil army against the people of God. If you have dreamt of a crowd coming to fight against you, the leader of that crowd is the spirit of Pharaoh.
4. It represents enemies who want to re-capture us and bring us back to Egypt. By the grace of God, we have left Egypt. Whatsoever wants to grab a Christian and take him back to Egypt is the spirit of Pharaoh, and should be resisted with all the energy at his disposal.
5. It represents enemies that are insulting our God. You know when Moses went to Pharaoh and said, “Let my people go,” Pharaoh said, “Who is the Lord? I know not the Lord.” He knew the Lord when he got to the Red Sea. This is what will happen to your Pharaoh today, in the name of Jesus.
6. It represents enemies that employ sorcerers and magicians against us. They say, “Catch this person,” “spoil this marriage,” make this child dull,” “wreck this business” and so on and so forth.
7. It represents arrogant enemies that say, “I can do anything I want to do against you and there is nothing you can do about it.”
8. It represents spiritual exploiters which use other people’s labour for their own advantage and advancement. Pharaoh held the Israelites for over 400 years and put them under hard labour.
9. It represents hard slave masters who convert people to captives.
A sister had a dream where somebody brought to her a big bowl of eba and okro soup-two things she hates so much, and commanded her to start eating them. She refused and said, “I don’t eat this. Even, if I want to, this is too much for me.” But the person folded her arms around her back and forced her to eat the food. By the time she woke up, her tummy was swollen. She did not know what to do. She went to the hospital and the doctor screamed at her saying, “You’ve had this kind of problem and you sat at home all this while.” She said, “This has just started this morning.” The doctor said it was cancer of the liver.
10. It represents powers that can draw power from the sun and from the water. You may wonder what this mean. Ezekiel 29:2-4 says, “Son of man, set thy face against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and prophesy against him, and against all Egypt: Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself. But I will put hooks in thy jaws, and I will cause the fish of thy rivers to stick unto thy scales, and I will bring thee up out of the midst of thy rivers, and all the fish of thy rivers shall stick unto thy scales.” As we read in Exodus, Pharaoh used to visit the River Nile everyday.
11. It represents stubborn pursuers. This is the totality of it, which is the area we want to work upon.
One of the lessons a minister of God who is interested in helping people should learn is that a lot of people are being pursued without them knowing it and as a result of that many things happen in their lives. They cannot grow spiritually because they cannot settle down to learn from the Lord. Such people will vow to follow the Lord only to fall flat soon after. They are not able to pray at home. Such people quarrel with their heavenly helpers and go to places where they will not grow spiritually. They prefer people who will get them excited, and they clap their hands and shout. The pursuer is quite comfortable with them and many of them are hypocrites.
One of the most interesting things is the communion service. People come forward to take the Holy Communion with very solemn faces, wearing a holy look, with their hands clasped together prayerfully. Some put their hands behind so that they do not swing anyhow. The man who just boxed his wife the previous day and the wife too who has a swollen eye would come quietly to the front to receive the communion. People with red lips use handkerchiefs to clean up the lipstick so as not to stain the sacrament cup with their Jezebelian lips, and those who have just slept with sugar daddies and boyfriends queue too to take the communion. Some have their environment electrified with emotion and divine possession only for one hour or two. Once the ritual is over, it is fun again outside. The boxing husband returns to his one-eyed wife to continue from where he left her, the gossips go back to their gossiping, the sugar daddies and uncles who go to church continue with their girls. These kinds of people are being pursued but they don’t know. They put up all kinds of activities but get little results. Nothing good lasts in their hands. Even those who do not know them oppose them. People always repay them with evil. Theirs are lives under pursuit. Death pursues them every time and they experience a lot of spiritual fatigue. Endless fatigue and inability to pray are marks of a life under pursuit.
Sometime ago, some policemen were chasing a thief. You know that when somebody is being pursued, he cannot co-ordinate very well. The thief ran to somewhere that looked like a solid ground not knowing that it was a raft and he sank. Those pursuing him turned back. That is always the character of pursuers. Once they are finished with a person or have pushed the person to a place of no return, they turn back. If you are being pursued or monitored, you will be seeing masquerades running after you in the dream. You will be seeing snakes, animals, dead relations, naked males and females, rivers, armed robbers or birds in the dream. A certain sister came for deliverance in one of our branches and as the prayer was going on, suddenly two birds landed at her front and started fighting. They fought until they became weak and the pastor then moved in and finished them up. What happened? The woman was being pursued from both her father’s side and her mother’s side. When she said the pursuers should start to fight themselves, they appeared and the fighting started and they fought until they died. Before she got home, news were already making rounds about somebody from her father’s side with another person from her mother’s side who died about two hours earlier. When she looked at her watch, she noticed that it was during the fight show between the two birds at the church.
Please, pray like this: “My Pharaoh shall die, in Jesus’ name.”
Under what situation does a pursuer become stubborn?
2. A pursuer becomes stubborn when it is under an evil covenant to destroy. When the enemies take a vow to deal with a person, they would become stubborn. They will not rest until the person is finished.
3. The pursuer becomes stubborn when you have its property in your possession.
A sister lived in a house somewhere in the Eastern region of this country. Immediately she moved in, everything in her life turned upside down but she was praying. She noticed that her landlady used to lock up one door at the back. She never opened that door. One day, her landlady forgot to lock the door. Out of curiosity she decided to take a look into the place, and to her utter amazement and shock, she found a whole human being carrying a calabash and some money scattered on the ground. Then she understood why nothing was working for her in that house. They enemy would always come for his property.
4. The pursuer becomes stubborn when you are living in secret sins. You think no one sees you and so continue in secret sins, the pursuer will become stubborn. It knows men who will spend time praying and reading their Bibles and also knows those who frequent the nightclubs. It can see your heart.
5. Pursuers become stubborn when they operate in multiples. They station one pursuer for marriage, one for finance, one for career, etc, pursuing a person at all fronts.
6. The pursuer becomes stubborn when it has an agent inside. The outside one can therefore enter easily through the internal one. Many people have pursuers that are already inside but pretend as if they are outside. So, all the arrows they are firing outside cannot work on them because they are already inside.
7. The pursuer becomes stubborn when there is idolatry in your foundation. That is why we must review the names we bear and make sure they mean well and do not glorify any idol. If your name or surname has anything to do with an idol, you will have a stubborn pursuer on ground. If you say, “Leave me alone now,” the stubborn pursuer will say, “Are you crazy? You’ve forgotten your name, that you’re dedicated to us.” Many families worship snakes. Members of such families should not be surprised when they are harassed by serpents.
8. The pursuer becomes stubborn when one is unconsciously possessed. Many people are possessed with familiar spirits or are blind witches but do not know.
9. The pursuers become stubborn if you are one of them and you are trying to get out. They will ask you where you are going and tell you that you cannot go. They will pursue you.
10. The pursuer becomes stubborn when it is attached to a curse. When a curse is issued on a person the pursuer will be running to fulfil that curse.
11. Pursuers can become stubborn when the parents of a person have dedicated him or her to them.
12. Pursuers become stubborn if you have previously consulted them and asked for their assistance.
13. The pursuer becomes stubborn if he was formerly your sex partner. Such a partner must have taken materials from your body.
14. Pursuers become stubborn if you are living on their altar. If you put your house or shop on their altar, they will continue to harass and pursue you.
15. The pursuer becomes stubborn when you are his or her spouse, in the case of spirit wives or spirit husbands.
THE WAY OUT
1. You have to review your past life with the help of the Holy Spirit. Review it so that your Pharaoh won’t have anything to stand upon. Have you consciously or otherwise entered into any evil covenant? Did you have sexual relationship with boyfriends or girlfriends who were possessed? Do you have a history of childhood sicknesses, and that anytime you fell ill you were taken to herbalists? Is yours like the story of a baby whom they said used to cry endlessly and so they threw her into the midst of termites for 24 hours and when they brought her out, she stopped crying, but from that time her life has been perpetually damaged? How were your parents looking after you when you were young? Have you been cursed by your parents? Have you ever gone to a diviner, a charmer, a white garment church or a herbalist, or eaten anything sacrificed unto idols? Ask yourself these questions.
2 Carry out restitution of whatever does not belong to you but is in your possession. Anything that is not yours and you are sitting tight on it you had better release it so that Pharaoh will not continue to pursue you.
3. Deal with the spirit of Pharaoh both in the heavenlies and in the water. Many people are working below their destiny, serving their enemies and drinking the waters of afflictions. Some have been converted to hewers of wood and drawers water. The pursuer ensures that such people do not move far with God. The foundational spirits are holding tight to so many lives. They want to work for God but the idol says, “Where are you going?” All kinds of things are asking them where they are going. They are being harassed and cheated. This is why you must pray with anger and aggression, with violence and holy madness, so that any Pharaoh in any area of your life will die. Your Pharaoh must die.
1. My Pharaoh must die, in Jesus’ name.
Share to bless others!!!!