MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Lagos, Nigeria.
Sunday Worship Service
February 20th, 2022
Topic: THE PRINCIPLE OF DESPERATE PRAYER
Text: 1 Samuel 1:9-13, 14-17, Mark 10:46-52
Ministering: Dr. D.K Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
Desperate prayers are prayers like a drunken person, prayers from the heart, prayer from the bitterness of the soul.
===> And I say unto somebody here: go in peace, and the God of Israel shall grant thee thy petition, in the name of Jesus! (A sevenfold Amen).
That was the story of a woman who prayed a desperate prayer. The reason I am telling you this is because we have a few desperate prayers to pray; and as many people that will pray them with that desperate spirit, the God who respects desperation shall come to your aid.
The man Bartimaeus had been described by his problem.
===> Any problem assigned as an identity mark to anyone here, let that problem perish now, in the name of Jesus. And I command the identity card of the enemy to be turned to pieces in the name of Jesus!
“When he heard…” He must have asked somebody, because he could not see what was going on. He must have heard the shuffling of feet. He cried very loudly and his cry put a break on Jesus. Jesus then stood still, and abandoned every other thing to attend to that case.
There is a cry you can cry, and heaven will abandon every other assignment. Jesus said to him, “thy faith has made thee whole”. Not ‘my anointing or my power has made thee whole’. A desperate prayer from a desperate soul. A closed mouth we say, is a closed destiny. No growth comes to a man who is spiritually asleep. (Job 13:19).
Anyone who wants to rest, plans to rust and you need to cry out because when your past becomes better than your future, then the person is a failure. And in the spiritual world, anything you begin to tolerate, you cannot dismantle, because you are already tolerating it. Do not play with what you are supposed to fight. Foolish pity will only land you in a pit and until you begin to act, God may not react.
The Bible says “Whatsoever you bind on earth…” You have to bind it here first, before heaven will then bind it. You have to act here before heaven will react. This is a very serious matter. It is time for us to become the Tishbite Christians. Elijah came from Tishbi. It is a small place that may even be difficult to locate on the map, and that is where Elijah was from.
‘Tishbite’ refers to someone who bites when touched; and all those who touched Elijah in the Bible were bitten. So, to have your mouth closed is to have your life closed; and if you do not declare anything, God cannot confirm what you did not declare. The authority of a believer is manifested in the declaration he is making. And as far as spiritual warfare is concerned, silence is consent.
Every enemy you cannot address, you cannot arrest. If you cannot confront them, then you cannot control them. If you refuse to decree, then the enemy will decrease you for refusing to decree. Job said “if I hold my tongue, then I will give up the ghost.” A word that is not decreed cannot be confirmed by heaven. If you refuse to pray when you should, then you become a prey to the enemy.
If you do not pray when you even think you are in pleasure, you may have to start praying when you are under pressure. This is a very serious situation. The reason I want practically all of us here to pray desperate prayers is because your present state is not your final status. This position you are in now, no matter how good it is, is not your final bus stop.
Infact, it could be the minimum God has for you. You need that prayer of desperation. You need to roar to heaven in desperate prayers. Desperation is a powerful force because it will only count on things that count. Desperation always precedes revelation. It was when Hannah prayed to that point that revelation came. It was when Bartimaeus prayed to that point that desperation came.
Unfortunately, human beings are such that they never really aggressively seek the Lord until they are forced to. The present day believers will just like to live in the promised land without having to pass through Jericho. They do not want to face the enemies of God in Jericho, they just want to cross over to the promised land like that. It is not possible. Before those people moved to their promised land, they first of all dealt with their Jericho.
===> I am praying against the Jericho of anyone gathered here this morning: the Jericho preventing you from entering your promised land, may that Jericho be scattered to pieces, in the name of Jesus. (A sevenfold Amen).
With the land of promise come battles and blessings. One comes before the other. But people want the blessings and ask God to deliver them from the battles. But with the prayer of desperation, you now move into a new level of understanding. Why? There is a rule in the spirit realm which never changes: God hears the cries of the desperate. Never forget that rule.
Men and women that God uses, men and women that have pushed through to God, are all familiar with the power of desperation. That power of desperation is something the world cannot comprehend. It is not clear to the people of the world. They wonder “how come somebody we saw yesterday is completely altered today?” “How come somebody that we know has now become a subject of argument?”
“It is not him. The one I used to know does not wear nice clothes like this, does not have a car. It is him. No, it is not him.” That happens when the cry of desperation begins to operate. God will always meet us at the point of our desperation.
When a man or woman gets desperate for God, they get through to God. I am praying that somebody here today will move in the same arena that Hannah and blind Bartimaeus moved in, today and things will begin to happen in their lives. It is a prayer I am also praying for you as well.
A desperate prayer:
– Is an emergency prayer that attracts attention.
– moves the hand of God.
– provokes God into action; because God can be provoked into action.
– produces immediate results.
The blind Bartimaeus that we read, prayed a desperate prayer. He had no eyes to see, but he used what he had to get what he wanted. He used the available to get the desirable. He used the mouth that was still there to cry out and get the miracle.
I thank God for your life and congratulate you that you have got a mouth; so use that mouth. The man cried more than once; but some people cry for a while and lose hope.
If you have cried out before and nothing happened, please and please and please: cry out again! Bartimaeus ignored all the opposition and distractions and that cry put a break on Jesus.
When there is desperate prayer:
– there will be healing; complete healing. Are you sick? A desperate prayer is what you need, with a desperate cry.
– there will be restoration. Storms will be silenced.
– there will be deliverance from trouble.
– there will be a scattering of the enemy. Psalms 56:9 says ‘When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.’
– there will be unexplainable provision
– there will be lifting up, and the pursued will now become the pursuer.
– does not care what anyone is thinking.
– has no respect for what anyone is saying
– will go to where nobody wants to go to.
– does not allow anyone to stop it.
– introduces extra energy.
When we become desperate in our prayers, progress begins. So, holy desperation is not a bad thing. The truth is this: many blessings from heaven will not manifest until we get desperate.
– will tear the roof and push through the crowd.
– is never offended.
– will break the barrier, like that woman with the issue of blood.
– will risk ridicule. It does not bother whether anyone is laughing at it.
– goes beyond comfort, tradition, cosmetics.
– goes beyond emotion
– ignores all those who are satisfied with staying in the boat.
– is immune to criticism. Sometimes, when a man or woman gets desperate, they will look at him as a strange person and people will try and hold you down.
– overcomes fear. And when a man comes to the end of himself, he becomes desperate.
If you forget everything I have said here today, do not forget this: desperate prayers will ALWAYS bring a response from heaven.
1. Any anti-progress material fired into my life in the dream, backfire by fire, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every power tying me down to one spot, die in the name of Jesus.
3. Every power stealing from me, loose your hold, in the name of Jesus.
4. Every weapon of demotion, scatter in the name of Jesus.
5. Powers suppressing my breakthroughs, clear away in the name of Jesus.
6. Any fetish material directed against my progress, turn against your owners, in the name of Jesus.
7. Fear, fear me in the name of Jesus.
8. Any power assigned to use me as a sacrifice, you are a liar, die in the name of Jesus.
Say: Behold, God has given me power to tread upon serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and so this morning, I trample upon every power assigned to defeat my destiny. I trample upon every power assigned to disgrace me, in the name of Jesus. (A sevenfold Amen).
1. Owners of evil load in my life, carry your load, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every Red Sea harassing my progress, give way, in the name of Jesus.
3. Powers hunting for my life, you are liars, die in the name of Jesus.
4. By the blood of Jesus, my gate of favour, open in the name of Jesus.
5. I fire back every arrow of poverty, in the name of Jesus.
6. Powers of pockets with holes, die in the name of Jesus.
7. Power of wasted labour, I am not your candidate, die in the name of Jesus.
8. Power of get and lose, you are a liar, die in the name of Jesus.
9. Sickness, wither out of my body in the name of Jesus.
God bless you 🙏