MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Lagos, Nigeria.
Sunday Worship Service
March 20th, 2022
Topic: KEYS TO SEEING IN THE SPIRIT PART V
Text: Ephesians 6:10, 1 Corinthians 14:20, Matthew 3:16, John 7:37-38
Ministering: Dr. Daniel Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
For a while now, we have been looking at ‘keys to seeing in the spirit’. We have covered a lot of ground which I expect you to meditate upon and understand. But the bottom line is this: there is a physical world. There is a spiritual world. The spiritual world dictates what happens in the physical world.
If there is war, turbulence, bloodshed in the physical, it was decided in the spiritual. More than at any other time, we need to start praying the “open my eyes” prayer. We go a little bit further in that, this morning.
In our scripture, Paul had been saying so many things. He then concluded it by saying “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.” These are not pieces of advice. They are two serious commands:
1. Be strong in the Lord.
2. Be strong in the power of His might.
You may say “but I am weak”. The Lord says you should not be weak, you should be strong. He says “let the weak say I am strong”. He did not say you should be strong in anger, confusion, malice, gluttony, worldliness.
How then can you be strong in the Lord? The key is very simple. The key is in the prayer we pray anytime we close the service. That is where the key is. Everybody with a loud voice, share the grace in fellowship: 2 Corinthians 13:14 (KJV) The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
The key of intimacy with God is being in fellowship with the Holy Spirit. Communion with the Holy Spirit is the key. By being intimate with the Holy Spirit and by listening to the Holy Spirit, you become intimate with God. It says “and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit”. You fellowship. That is, that Holy Spirit has to become your closest friend, closer to you than anything or anybody. But you say “the Holy Spirit has never spoken to me. I have never heard the Holy Spirit before”. He has. He has spoken to you. He is speaking to you.
That inner voice telling you “you have not prayed” is His voice. That inner voice telling you “you did not participate in that fasting” is His voice. That inner voice telling you “you have not read your Bible today” is His voice. That inner voice that comes to you when you are sitting in the bus and says “stand up and begin to preach” is His voice. That inner voice that says “what you have just said is a lie” is His voice. He is talking to you. He speaks to you, but whether you realise or take it serious or not, is another problem.
===> I am praying for somebody here, the ability to connect with the Holy Ghost so that you and that Holy Ghost will be the closest friends, receive that ability in the name of Jesus! (A sevenfold amen).
Do you understand what I am saying? He is talking to you, but whether you realise it or not is another thing. The Holy Ghost is the third person in the Godhead. There is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit which people call Trinity. If you are a very careful reader of the Bible, as you read the Bible, you find that the fact that there are three persons in the Godhead proven by many verses in the scriptures.
For example, if you read Genesis 1, you find a statement like this: Let us make man in our own image. So, ‘let us’ means that there is more than one person. And when Adam and the wife went and ate the fruit, again the statement came: Behold, the man is become as One of Us. When the people were building the tower of Babel, and they looked from heaven, again the word said: Let Us go down and stop what they are doing. So, there are 3 persons in the Godhead.
In that scripture from Matthew, all three in the Godhead were represented. Jesus was there as the Son of God, the Holy Spirit came upon Him as a dove, and the voice of the Father said “this is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased”. And when Jesus was going away, He said “make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, the name of the Son and the name of the Holy Spirit. So, when you read the Bible very well, you see God the Father is speaking, God the Son is doing, and God the Holy Spirit is manifesting.
The Bible says in Genesis 1: “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.” Here, the Holy Spirit was introduced. Then God said “And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.” Again, all three were introduced. So, God the Father is the source, the Holy Spirit helps us to get to that source.
The Bible says “for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit helps our infirmities and teaches us how to pray.” Why am I saying all this to you? Without being close to the Holy Spirit who is your helper, you remain weak spiritually. We share the grace at every service by only very few people understand what is meant by “and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit”. Do you really fellowship with the Holy Spirit? Is the Holy Spirit your friend?
Sometimes when some believers misbehave, I say “did you not hear the voice of the Holy Spirit say this is bad?” They just say “well I just did what came to my mind”. So, if you do not cultivate friendship and fellowship with the Holy Spirit, you will make tragic mistakes.
You want to begin to see into the spirit realm? Your best friend is the Holy Ghost. Connect to Him. He is our spy. He is the One who shows us things. So, God’s executive agent in the world today is the Holy Spirit. Jesus said “Behold I go unto the Father, but I will send you another comforter”.
The Holy Spirit is continuing the work that Jesus came to do on earth. Christians who have developed a steady prayer life and who communicate and fellowship with the Holy Spirit are those who really know Jesus Christ. So, the Holy Spirit is not just an experience of speaking in tongues, no. He is more than that. The Holy Spirit is a person. You need to develop fellowship and communication with Him. “And the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit”.
Communion with the Holy Ghost. Fellowship with the Holy Spirit. When you say communion with the Holy Ghost, we mean
– communicating with the Holy Spirit
– travelling together with the Holy Spirit
– transporting with the Holy Spirit.
Listen to me very carefully. Spiritual life will be very hard for anyone who cannot communicate with the Holy Spirit. Your level of communication with the Holy Spirit has to be developed and be high. Many do not know how to connect with the Holy Ghost. So the work of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer is so important and crucial that there are many names and symbols in the Bible for the Holy Ghost. You say “I want to be hearing the voice of God”. The answer is the Holy Spirit.
1. So the Bible gave a symbol of water to be Holy Spirit. Water is indispensable to the preservation of human lives. Even right there where you are sitting, the whole of your body is 60-70% of water. That is why you can remain alive for a long time without food but you cannot remain alive without drinking. You use water for cleaning your body, your clothes etc. So, the Holy Spirit is indispensable in the life of a believer the way water is important. He is beyond speaking in tongues. You talk to Him, He talks to you. That is why you hear some people saying “Holy Spirit, you are welcome. Good morning Holy Spirit”. It shows communication.
2. The Holy Spirit is given the symbol of fire. Cloven tongues as of fire came down and that pentecost resulted in cloven tongues as of fire. Fire burns away that which is unwanted. Fire provides heat and light. Fire gives supernatural zeal. The sign of Christianity is not actually the cross, the sign of Christianity is the tongues of fire. The sign of Christianity cannot be the cross because if Jesus were to remain on that cross, we would be in trouble. But He rose from the dead. It is the fire.
John said “John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:” So, a symbol of the Holy Ghost is fire. Fire is not gas. Fire is not liquid. Fire is not solid. Fire is fire. Fire has no respect for gravitational force. The Holy Ghost is Fire.
===> I want to pray one prayer now: right there where you are, whether it is convenient or not, receive fresh fire of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
So the Holy Ghost is fire.
3. The Bible also describes the Holy Ghost as wind (John 3:8). So the Holy Spirit is Holy wind. Always in continuous motion. You cannot cage it. You cannot control its direction. The wind is never still. It is always in motion. This is what makes our air fresh. The Holy Spirit is called wind.
4. The Holy Spirit is also called Oil. When we pray on anointing oil, it is just a symbol of the Holy Spirit. That is why people are anointed in scripture, they are set aside. Elijah anointed Elisha. The anointing makes you a royal priesthood, a chosen generation, a peculiar person. You need oil to light the seven candles in the tabernacle, meaning that only through the bright light of the Holy Spirit,can the spirit world be open unto us and we can see it for what it is.
Oil is a lubricant, it prevents wears and tears by preventing friction. Oil is necessary for the preservation of life. The reason the lives of many believers dry up like dead bones is because of the absence of the oil of the Holy Spirit.
5. The Bible also calls it Rain. If you read your Bible, you find “latter rain”. The Holy Spirit is rain that refreshes, brings products, fruits, vegetables, plantation on earth.
6. The Holy Spirit is also likened to a dove. Dove is an emblem of peace. That is why when the 40 days flood was over, Noah sent out a dove. The first sign that the judgment of God was over was a dove; signifying humility and meekness. A pure and harmless creature.
7. The Holy Spirit is also likened to wine. Not wine that makes you drunk, but wine that gives you overflowing peace. That is why the Bible says in Ephesians 5:18: “And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;”. Be drunken with the Holy Spirit. So, the way to be strong in the Lord and to be intimate with the power of God is to move close to His Spirit.
The day you start talking to the Holy Spirit as a friend, you begin to experience spiritual revolution. You will therefore be doing yourself a lot of harm by just coming to church, you cannot speak in tongues and you have not received the baptism of the Holy Spirit. You should pray “Holy Ghost, fill me till I want no more”. You can pray “Father, breathe on me the breath of the Holy Ghost”. And when that anointing falls upon you, you will know. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit cannot come upon you and you say you do not know. You will certainly know.
But there are a few things that block people from being intimate with the Holy Spirit. It is those blockages we need to pray against and be careful of.
1. Unconfessed sin. The Bible says “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper:” That is, the Bible issues a curse on those who are covering their sins that they shall not prosper.
2. Lack of true repentance. Do you know that there are some people who come to the house of God day in day out, no change in their lives? The way they used to talk as unbelievers, they are still talking the same way. They are still drinking their beer quietly and taking a lot of strange women to various hotels all over the place and come to church to sing and to pray. They have become sermon proof christians: everything you are saying does not register to them; they think that God is not serious. Those ones have their consciences seared with a hot iron and cannot be close to the Holy Ghost.
Are you here and you have no sorrow for your sin? Are you here and you commit sin and your conscience remains good? Then you are far from the Holy Ghost.
3. Unforgiveness. When somebody has offended you and you are not willing to forgive, you will block the Holy Spirit from being your friend.
4. Involvement in witchcraft or cult or demonic practices. If you are still involved in all those things, you are very far from the Holy Ghost.
5. Wrong attitude to others. You are so so far from being intimate with the Holy Ghost. For example failure to honour your parents. The Bible says “honour your father and mother that it may be well with you and you will live long”, meaning if you do not honour them, it will not be well with you and you will not live long. I did not write the Bible, it is there.
6. Unbelief and doubt will block intimacy with the Holy Spirit.
7. Fear. The spirit of fear will prevent you from being intimate with the Holy Spirit.
8. Pride. Arrogance will prevent you from being intimate with the Holy Spirit.
9. Disobedience to God will just push you totally away from being intimate with the Holy Spirit.
Some are experts at disobeying God. God speaks but they do not want to listen until something now goes wrong. God wants 100% obedience. 99% will not do. Make up your mind that from this morning, you will be intimate with the Holy Ghost.
1. Every enemy outside using the enemy inside to fight me, die in the name of Jesus.
2. Holy Ghost fire, Holy Ghost power, overshadow my life, in the name of Jesus.
3. Holy Ghost, connect me to Yourself by fire, in the name of Jesus.
(Lay your hands on your eyes and sing: Open my eyes O Lord, open my eyes O Lord, I am ready to obey (sing it 3ce)).
4. O God arise, give me divine dreams that will change my story, in the name of Jesus.
5. I bind every demon polluting my visions and dreams, in the name of Jesus.
6. Satanic notice board in my father’s house, catch fire in the name of Jesus.
God bless you🙏