MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
SPECIAL SUNDAY SERVICE
AUGUST 23rd, 2020
Dr D. K. Olukoya (G.O, MFM Worldwide)
TOPIC: HOLINESS AND THE TONGUE
Text: James 1:26. 1 Peter 3:10, Eph. 4:29, Matt. 12:36-37, Prov. 15:4; 10:19; 29:20
James 1:26- “If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain.”
1 Peter 3:10- “For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:”
Ephesians 4:29- “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.”
Matthew 12:36- “But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.”
Proverbs 15:4- “A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.”
Proverbs 10:19- “In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.”
Proverbs 29:20- “Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.”
The life God planned for His people as described by Isaiah as the way of Holiness.
Isaiah 35:8- “And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.”
Many have the wrong idea of holiness; some think it is sad look, melancholic, being strict, etc.
Holiness when rightly understood, is attractive. Holy people are happy and compassionate people.
Being separated to God and separated from evil things is holiness.
No one can enjoy forgiveness and eternity without the intension of being holy.
The degree of one’s holiness can be measured by his sensitivity in handling sins. Isaiah 35:9
When you lack holiness, it is a ladder of the devil into your life.
God emphasizes holiness many times in the Scripture. It is unfortunate that in this Christianity; many people replace important things with unimportant things.
The three (3) pillars of faith have been replaced:
1. The Word of God
3. The Holy Spirit
The Bible is a Book of Holiness; remove the holiness from it and it will remain very little.
WHAT IS HOLINESS?
1. Holiness is total submission of your body, soul and spirit to the Lord.
2. Holiness is allowing God to perfect His works in your life.
3. It is giving God quality and not quantity
1 Peter 1:16, Heb. 12:14, Matt. 5:48, 1 Tim. 1:15, 2 Cor. 13:11, Isaiah 52:11, I Thess. 4:7, Ps. 29:2.
God does not bother about majority. God has never been interested in the crowd. Psalm 9:17 (The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.) He wants quality and not quantity.
A Christian has to fight four (4) things in order to be holy:
1. The world. John 16:33
2. The devil and his demons. James 4:7, Eph. 4:27
3. Sin. Matt. 1:21, Rom. 16:14
4. The flesh. 1 Cor. 9:27 – the flesh control is the problem of many today and it is in it, the tongue lies.
🔥 I pray that the Almighty will lay His hands upon you that you may take the decision on what God wants for your life, in Jesus’ name.
🔥 I pray that the Almighty will arise and help all of you, in the name of Jesus.
A man is one who can tame his tongue. If you can control your tongue, you can tame other parts.
Five (5) Things;
– Of whom you are speaking
– To whom you are speaking
– How you speak
– When you speak
– Where you speak
The tongue is powerful; when a person loses control of his tongue, he loses control of his life.
A Christian cannot achieve much in the service of his Master (the Lord) if he does not know how to control his tongue.
🔥 May our tongue receive the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
🔥 Any agenda of darkness to use the tongue against us must be scattered, in the name of Jesus.
1. You need to begin to re-assess how your tongue is putting you into trouble.
2. We need the baptism of fire upon our tongue so as to cleanse and purge us from anything ungodly.
3. You must make up your mind that you want to live a holy life.
4. We must have a fresh encounter with Jesus.
5. We must possess tongues of fire
1. Fire of God, purge my tongue, in the name of Jesus.
2. Powers, assigned to make my tongue to kill me, die, in the name of Jesus.
3. Holy Ghost fire, overshadow my life, in the name of Jesus.
4. O heavens, arise and make me your battle axe, in the name of Jesus.
5. Fire of God, sanitise my tongue, in the name of Jesus.
6. Blood of Jesus, sanitise my tongue, in the name of Jesus.
7. Powers that want me to be forgotten on my day of blessing, die, in the name of Jesus.
8. Strange powers, strange spirits, chasing away my blessings, die, in the name of Jesus.
9. Every pillar of darkness, holding my problems in place, die, in the name of Jesus.
10. Every embargo, blocking my breakthrough, die, in the name of Jesus.
Year 2020: ‘Our year of spiritual revival and new glory’