MFM International Headquarters Sunday Service
Theme: It Is Time To Awake
Ministering: Pastor Kehinde Adegbolahan (A.G.O)
Anchored Scriptures: Isaiah 52:1, Ephesians 5:14, Romans 13:11
The Lord has a message for us today and it is important for us to hear the message and to work with it.
In the book of Isaiah 52:1, the Lord is talking to the church. It means that Zion was already weak and because it was already weak, God commanded Zion to awake.
There is a light that is promised but that light will not be yours until you awake from that sleep.
God is telling somebody here today if you will not harden your heart, if you will not reject His voice, that it is time to wake up. Don’t push it to tomorrow, time to wake up is now.
Time is an important commodity that you cannot separate from your life. Time is so important that you cannot neglect it. To neglect time is a sign for disaster.
It has been well said that time is the most valuable and the most perishable of all our possessions. Time is what we want most but it is what we use worst. A wasted time is a wasted life. Time is free but it is priceless.
You can not hold it but you can use it. You can’t keep it but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it, you can never get it back.
Ignorance of your timing can destroy your life permanently. Ignorance of your own time can destroy your life permanently. The major problem of Gehazi is not the love of money, it was ignorance of his timing. Prophet Elisha said to him that ‘is it time to receive money, garment or sheep and oxen? Is it time to receive men servant and maid servant?’. Because of that, leprosy clinged to Gehazi and his seed forever because he was ignorant of his timing.
Jesus saw Jerusalem and the Bible says He wept. Why did He weep over Jerusalem? They didn’t know their timing.
The rich man in the Luke 12, after gathering a lot of wealth, he proudly said to his soul to take rest and relax, eat drink and be merry. God said to him that day ‘you fool, this very night, your soul shall be required from thee’. He (the rich man) was ignorant of his timing.
Ignorance of your timing can destroy your life totally. God is saying loudly – to someone here that it is time to awake.
When you look at the word ‘awake’ that God mentioned in the Bible, the Hebrew word is ‘worah’ which means to arouse, It means:
– It means to stir up.
– Meaning don’t settle down, it means to arise. You are either arising or lying down
– To be sensitive.
– To be aware.
– Not to be ignorant
– To be revive
– To shake off the garment of slumbering
Here this: one dangerous activities of the enemy in these last days is to make people sleep spiritually. In many lives, the spirit of slumber is very active and unfortunately not few but many in the house of God are already fast asleep.
The spirit of slumber has taken over many souls and many are not aware of it and they are doing business as usual.
It is possible to be jumping about doing church activities yet spiritually, the person is fast asleep.
It is very very dangerous to be slumbering when you’re suppose to be wide awake.
A.G.O narrates a real life incident:
A woman was brought for prayer and she was on the wheel chair. Tell your story madam, how did you find yourself on this wheel chair? She said ‘it was my driver’. We (she and her driver) were traveling and along their journey, the driver fell asleep, and because of it, they found themselves in a ditch. That is how she damaged her spinal cord. That slumber of the driver sent this woman to the wheel chair permanently.
Your position in the spirit is very important to God and also to the devil. The position of many in the spirit is very very low. When God opens your eyes, you will see some people that they are light weight in the spirit and that ordinary wind can blow them away.
Many are suffering not because they are not educated but they are in the valley in the spirit realm. They are suppose to be doing exploit for God but they are weak and timid.
What the enemy is doing to many people is like what Delilah did to Samson. She spoke to Samson and persuaded him to show her the secret of his strength.
Your head can only be in two place. It could be on the stone or on the lap of Delilah. The head of Jacob was on the stone. The head of Samson was on the lap of Delilah and ended losing his strength.
If Samson didn’t sleep in the spirit, he would have escaped the trap of Delilah. His spirit man was fast asleep.
It is time to awake. The voice of Delilah was louder than the voice of God in the life of Samson because he was already asleep in the spirit.
– The voice that is telling you that you don’t have to fast for long, those who fast for long will have ulcer. That voice is louder than the voice of God. That voice is telling you that you should die.
– That voice that is telling you that a little bit of unrighteousness will not spoil your faith, that voice is telling you to come and die.
When you put your head on the lap of Delilah, you will sleep off and what will happen is death.
The reason why so many find it difficult is because their spirit man has been taken over by the spirit of slumber.
God doesn’t relate with our body nor with our brain, but God communicates with our spirit. If there is anything God will have to show you, you have to communicate with your spirit. That is why God is shouting to all of us today that ‘Church, wake up’; brothers, wake up; sisters, wake up.
It is very possible to be physically awake and active but to be spiritually asleep.
There are so many symptoms that can clearly show that someone is clearly fast asleep in the spirit realm:
1. Inability to understand the scripture. You will read and read but you will not understand. It means that your spirit is fast asleep, you’re slumbering. In the spirit. Jesus said you err because you don’t know the scriptures.
2. Failure to recognize divine opportunities. Blind bartimeous recognized his divine opportunity. They tried to stop him but he didn’t stop. Many are going backward and backward everyday simply because they don’t recognize their divine opportunities and heaven is just shaking its head in sorrow.
3. Lack of sensitivity to spiritual signals. God is showing you signs that there are dangers coming but the person is unable to discern.
4. Difficult to forgive easily. To forgive easily is so hard. Jesus said in Matthew 6:15, if you forgive not those who trespass against you, neither will God forgive you. Many find it difficult to forgive their husband. Not just to forgive but to forgive easily.
5. Praying wrong prayers is a symptoms of slumbering in the spirit. How can somebody be praying that somebody’s wife should die so that she can take her position? The spirit of such person is sleeping.
6. Stealing or avoiding your tithes and offering is a symptom. No matter what anybody is saying, the word of God is very very clear. Lovers of God don’t argue with clear instruction. God is not going to judge you with social media but he will judge you with His word. Someone was talking ‘well, I am coming to MFM just for the prayers. If I want to pray for financial breakthrough, I go to somewhere else’.
7. Having the feelings that you’re better than everyone in the house of God. You have this feeling that you’re more okay and important than everyone in the house of God because of your gift and talents or your status in the society. Who are you? What do you have that someone doesn’t have or have not had before? It is a sign that the person is fast asleep.
8. Not making kingdom project your assignment or priority. What you’re interested is just your own breakthrough, your own protection.
9. Hatred for evangelism is a symptoms that the person is fast asleep. There are people here that since the beginning of this year, you have not won one soul for the Lord.
10. Inability to overcome temptations all the time. Temptation will definitely come and that is not sin. When you fall into it every time, it is a symptom that your spirit man is fast asleep. Jesus was tempted but he didn’t fall into it.
11. Fighting against those that God sent into your life to help you grow spiritually. Can you imagine somebody fighting his own man of God? It shows that your spirit man is sleeping.
12. Praying selfish prayers is a symptoms. Your prayer is always about yourself, your business, your children as every other thing can go to hell.
13. Doing the work of God without the infilling of the Holy Spirit and you’re comfortable and then you feel that God will reward you. All those work you’re doing will not stand the test of fire.
14. Inability to conquer the battle of the bed. Spiritually speaking, physically speaking, sleep has taken over. Those that are spiritually awake do not use the whole of their life sleeping on the bed.
A.G.O narrates another experience:
One of our fathers in the Lord security guard came to me. He said please, I want you to tell our daddy to be sleeping, that he doesn’t sleep oh. Every time in the night, he will be praying. I said you want him to be sleeping so that the church will scatter.
15. Taking the issue of rapture with un-seriousness. You hear about it but nothing moves you at all about it, it is a sign that your spirit man is fast asleep.
Bottomline: You must pray that it is this generation that must witness the second coming of Jesus Christ. Those who are fast asleep in the spirit will not hear. This generation know that the coming of the Lord is very near but they will not hear. This generation wants control but not humility. This generation want to cast out demons but they don’t want to fast. They desire prosperity but they hate tithes and offering. They desire the move of God in signs and wonder but they don’t want to tarry in prayer. If you don’t want to partake in the calamity that will befall this generation, it is time to WAKE UP! Bow down your head. You know yourselves, can you confidently say that you’re alive in the spirit and you’re not slumbering? If you love your destiny and you don’t want to be among those that are deceiving themselves, let your heart begin to talk to the Lord now. Say: Father, help me, wake me up. Enough of slumbering in the spirit, enough of sleeping in the spirit. Speak to the Lord now.
Before Ministration prayers by Pastor Kehinde Adegbolahan (A.G.O)
The enemy will come like a flood but God will descend with power., God will raise up a standard against it:
1. Power of God, silence the rage of the wicked in my life in the name of Jesus!
When Isaac came into the family of Abraham, laughter came. When Isaac appeared, laughter appeared. Their sorrow were forgotten, their pain disappeared, their waiting expired. There is someone here, your Isaac is coming. What is the meaning of Isaac – it means laughter:
2. My Isaac, enter my life, come into my life. Come into my family in the name of Jesus!
There are people, you have to push them and push them to pray. They pray because people push them to pray. There are some, you don’t to push them because when they pray, their prayer is the license to their breakthroughs. God told Moses that ‘I have seen the affliction of my people and because of that, I have come down to deliver them’. There is somebody here, for your sake, God is coming down. If that person is you, you have to pray this prayer and show your seriousness:
3. My father, for my sake: come down in the name of Jesus!
I don’t why the Lord said we should pray this prayer but I believe it is for the sake of somebody here today. If you know that the prayer concerns you, you must like a mad prophet. One side of madness is that they are difficult to restrained.
4. Financial bondage in my life, break in the name of Jesus!
Can you understand what it means for someone to be under financial bondage? It means not having enough, not sustaining you talk less of people around you. You have the desire to get something but you are unable to get it, it means the capacity to purchase it is not there.
5. Financial bondage in my life, break, break, break in the the name of Jesus!
The result, the manifestation of that prayer that you just prayed, you will experience it in the mighty name of Jesus! David, the last born in the family, David whom you can never read about his mother in the Bible, completely forgotten about by his own father, who was continually chased out of the house to the bush, that same David rose up and changed his family history. How did it start? It started when the spirit of God came upon him. Samuel took the oil and poured it upon him and right from that day; the spirit of God came upon him and empowered him to rewrite his family history. There is a man or woman here, a boy or a girl here who will rewrite his family history in the name of Jesus! God didn’t plant you inside that family as a mistake, you are in that family to carry out a genuine assignment. You need the power and the spirit of God.
6. Power of God, my life is available: enter in the name of Jesus!