MOUNTAIN OF FIRE & MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Lagos, Nigeria.
SPECIAL SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE
May 31st, 2020
TOPIC: THE SERMON-PROOF BELIEVERS
Text: Ezekiel 33:30-32; Jeremiah 32:33, 6:10, 7:13; James 1:22-24
Ministering: Dr. D.K Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
Ezekiel 33:30-32 – “Also, thou son of man, the children of thy people still are talking against thee by the walls and in the doors of the houses, and speak one to another, every one to his brother, saying, Come, I pray you, and hear what is the word that cometh forth from the LORD. And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness. And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not.”
This is a lamentable tragedy for any true preacher of the Word this period.
TRAGEDIES OF THE MODERN DAYS BELIEVERS
1. Chronic lack of knowledge of the scriptures
2. Multiplication of cleverly conceived sins even among priests and pastors.
3. Complete lack of interest in evangelism
4. Weak altars of prayer.
5. Dead quiet time
6. Poor reading culture.
7. The inordinate love for position
8. Unholy attention to money
9. Entertainment lovers
10. Spiritual shallowness
11. Revelation poverty
12. Lack of aggressive attention to the things of heaven
13. Sermon proof Christians
When we say Sermon-proof, it means sermon cannot enter. When we say bullet-proof, we mean bullets cannot enter. When we say water-proof, we mean water cannot enter.
WHO ARE THE SERMON-PROOF CHRISTIANS?
1. They stay long in the church but no change in their lifestyles.
2. Those who are completely deaf to the word of God.
3. Those nothing preached move them
4. Those who select what they want to hear and close their minds to others.
5. Those who preach to others what they don’t practice what they preach.
6. Those who invite others to hear the word of God but they themselves are hypocrites.
7. Those who refuse the word of God to transform their lives.
8. Those who show great interest in hearing but no penetration in their heart.
9. Those who have the presence of satanic birds picking their seed of the word of God.
10. Those who come to the house of God and convert their problems to Goliath.
11. Those who regard the church of God to social gathering.
12. Those who are always chatting away during the service.
13. Those who come to church with no notebook, pen; no writing of anything.
14. Those who are satanic agents by decision.
15. Those who are over familiar to God and His word.
16. Those who hear the word of God with a preconceived mindset.
17. Those who are racing towards destruction despite clear warning.
18. Those who go ahead to do evil despite warnings.
19. Those who regard the word of God as entertainment only.
20. Those who are in church but are not in church.
21. Those who run from church to church to avoid the truth.
22. Those who come to church but do not believe in the word.
23. Those who are partially or totally sermon-proved.
24. Those rendered dull by the forces that want destroy them.
25. Those whose hearts are hardened. Acts 28:25
Are you part of those who just come to the church to fill the gap?
WHY DO PEOPLE BECOME SERMON-PROOF?
1. People become sermon-proof because they are unwilling to depart from sin.
2. The lack of divine encounter. Everyone who must climb the wall of destiny needs divine encounter.
3. They have enrolled into the school of backsliding.
6. Bondage to tradition. Mark 7:7 & 13
7. Spiritual indiscipline.
9. Worldly mindedness.
10. Ungodly friends
11. Direct satanic attacks: these ones need deliverance.
12. Hatred of correction.
It is a lamentable tragedy that a lot of Christians do not know the God they serve.
1 Samuel 15:22-23.
Once you are rebellion against God, God classifies you as a witch. Once you are stubborn against God, God classifies you as an idol worshipper.
🔥 I pray; every anchor of infirmity in your life will be broken away, in the name of Jesus.
🔥 I pray; you will enter into the will of God that will advertise His gospel, in the name of Jesus.
🔥 I pray; the Lord will break you out from the bondage of backsliding, in the name of Jesus.
1. Every curse of rising and falling, break, in the name of Jesus
2. Patterns of failure at the edge of breakthroughs, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
3. Every culture of backwardness in my foundation, die, in the name of Jesus.
4. Dark powers, introducing delay into my breakthroughs, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
5. Domestic witchcraft mocking me, O God arise, and burn them with Your fire, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every evil hand, pressing down my head in the spirit realm, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every evil hand, holding my hand in the spirit realm, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
8. Every evil hand, holding my legs in the spirit realm, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
9. Powers, blocking my freedom, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
10. Any power, calling me satanic names in the spirit realm, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
11. O God arise, and bless me beyond my superiors, in the name of Jesus.
12. Witchcraft sponsored infirmity; you shall not come into my camp, in the name of Jesus.
13. Every troublers of the Israel of my life, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
14. Any glory, stolen from me through food, I recover you, in the name of Jesus.
Year 2020: ‘Our year of spiritual revival and new glory’