In Revelation 4:11, the Bible says, “You are worthy O Lord, our God to receive glory, honour and power,” Man’s greatest honour and privilege is to do the will of God and worship Him. God rules with His law, His word will lead you to honour if you follow it. Our prosperity is established by His law,
Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law. For I was my father’s son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live. Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
In the first part of this message, we dwell on supernatural ease, we shall now treat the second part of the divine prophecy which talks about honour (double honour).
Honour is great respect and admiration, personal integrity and strong moral character.
The wise shall inherit honour: but fools get only shame.
1 Chronicles 16:27
Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in his place.
WHAT DO WE MEAN BY DOUBLE HONOUR?
- Honour is a chosen virtue (Proverbs).
- Honour is something I choose to give another. Proverbs 3:9 says, “Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase.”
- Honour is the seed one of the keys that guarantee access.
- Honour is the willingness to place value on somebody’s difference.
- Honour means service (2 Kings 3:11).
What we need this year is to learn the law of honour. If you learn it, you can access anywhere. Who you decide to honour will determine the difference between your present and your future. You can trace all your gains in life to when you honoured God. You can also trace your losses in life to a moment of dishonour. The truth is that dishonour is a seed for losses. Do not sow dishonour.
The Ten Commandment in the Bible deal with honour (Exodus 20:1-20). The first to the fifth Commandments deal with honouring God while the sixth to the tenth commandment deals with honouring men.
Having the fear of God is not necessarily being afraid of him. Honouring God means to revere Him and to have holy respect as well as awe for Him as well as His instructions. God honours those who fear Him. Unquestioning, prompt and complete obedience to God, regular church attendance, faithfulness in tithing and consistency in prayers as well as daily devotion are proofs of a believer honouring God.
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
A wise man said, “I never judge anyone by their potential, I judge them by their sound of honour.”
For I was my father’s son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live. Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
HOW TO CONNECT DOUBLE HONOUR
What should you do to experience double honour?
Here are some important tips for you:
- Pray and develop the skill of honour.
- Learn not to speak evil about somebody. It will destroy you, In Titus 3:2, the Bible says “To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.”
- Honour without looking for any gain (1Peter 4:9).
- Decide to honour someone at least once a day.
- Don’t over-value yourself.
- Decide to always honour people in life (Romans 13:7).
- Know the magnets of honour; humility (Proverbs 15:33), wisdom, obedience, etc.
- Honour God at all times.
Beloved, as you honour God, His servants and saints this year, heaven will make you a candidate of double honour. The Lord that confirms the word of His servant and performs the counsel of His messenger shall make His prophecy of supernatural ease and double honour come to pass hastily in your life, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I thank You because You are good and your mercy endures forever, in the name of Jesus.
- I cover my life and all that concern me with the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- My heaven, hear the word of the Lord, open now by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, teach me the law of honour, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, help me to identify the disrespectful people and avoid them, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, deliver me and honour me this year, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, make room for me this year, in the name of Jesus.
- I speak to the womb of this month, birth my unstoppable miracles and testimonies, in the name of Jesus.
- My glory, resurrect and manifest, this month, in the name of Jesus.
- This month, the Lord will bless me with what money can buy and what money cannot buy, in the name of Jesus.