MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Lagos, Nigeria.
Wednesday Manna Water Service
February 9th, 2022
Topic: LESSONS FROM NAAMAN
Text: 2 Kings 5:1-14
Ministering: Dr. Daniel Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
There are many outstanding and spiritual lessons from this incidence. The first thing to note is that this is the first time Elisha would heal any leper in Israel. Naaman was a great man but he was a burden to himself. No one would like to exchange skin with him. Every man in this life has some form of “but”. Only that the severity of the “but” varies.
The little girl was a slave taken from Israel. It is amazing that she did not forget her God and took the testimony of her God to a foreign land. This passage (2 Kings 5:1-14) is loaded with lessons:
1. Naaman went to the wrong sources, the king of Israel. He equated spiritual power with kingly authority. A king over human beings is not necessarily a king over demons.
The devil has no respect for academic qualifications. The devil has no respect for any position you attain as a president, governor or anything. The reason some people are calling themselves professors and doctors and marching all over the space is because they have not seen a Goliath to confront them.
Naaman thought since he was told to go to a prophet in Israel, he felt the king must be more powerful than that prophet. That was his first mistake.
2. He tried to pay for his miracles. He tried to buy it. You cannot buy things from God. God is not a business man. He does not sell spiritual benefits. The Bible says “freely are ye given, freely give”. That is why anywhere you go to, and you are asked to buy things or bring money before you see a prophet, they are not of God; because the Bible says “freely are ye given, freely give”.
3. The third mistake Naaman made that he almost lost his miracle is that he wanted to dictate to God how the miracle would take place. You cannot teach God how to work. His own ways and methods are far beyond our own. Naaman eventually got to learn that he did not have to see a man of God before he could receive a miracle from God.
The online broadcast that God is helping MFM to do has brought millions of testimonies. Nobody is seeing anyone physically. You just watch. This story also tells us the importance of God advisers and the terribleness of the spirit of anger. Naaman was so angry and he walked away; walking away from his miracles and testimonies.
Can you raise up your right hand and say: – Powers assigned to push me away from my testimonies, die in the name of Jesus.
This passage also teaches us on how pride and anger can keep a person away from receiving God’s miracles. God wanted to teach Naaman a lesson on humility and obedience. That is why the prophet did not bother to come out. Maybe you really do not understand what happened here.
Naaman was like the vice president of his country. It is like the vice president of a country coming to Nigeria now and says he wants to see a man of God. He has consulted the presidency who has directed him to a man of God. So he went there with government escorts and everyone important, and the man of God they came to see did not even come out. He sent a messenger to go and tell him what to do. That is the import of what we are discussing just now.
The promise that was given to Naaman was express and plain: “go, wash in Jordan seven times and thou shall be clean”. The big man did not expect that orders would be sent to him through a servant. God does not honour human gestures. Naaman himself considered it insulting to wash in Jordan, a dirty river in Israel while Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus were cleaner and better; but God had no appointment with Abana and Pharpar.
The appointment was Jordan and it could not just happen elsewhere, it had to be Jordan. This means that the place of breakthrough is always decided by God. The place of breakthrough may look very unattractive to start with. Some may say “all the gospel churches are the same”, but no, I beg to disagree. It is like saying all rivers are Jordan, which is not true.
There is a place that God wants things to take place, a divine location. God told Elijah to go to the widow of Zarephath, because that was where He would feed him. God said to Jacob “Arise and go to Bethel”. God send many to Jordan but they pick a very fine church with rugs and stained glasses; that is where they want to go to, thereby heading for Abana and Pharpar.
A Saint in the wrong place and a sinner in the right place are birds of the same feather. Both of them will receive no blessing. The Bible says “As for such as turn aside unto their crooked ways, the LORD shall lead them forth with the workers of iniquity”. Yes, Naaman might wash in Abana and Pharpar and be clean from his body odour and dirt, but the appointment to cleanse leprosy is not that river, it was in Jordan.
Jordan was the appointed river and unto Jordan you must go. There are many lessons to learn from this passage. Naaman recognised his problem and sought the help of God. He believed the message of that little girl and obeyed her. He began to understand that the devil has no respect for human positions or achievements. He wanted healing in his own way but he did not get it. He put his trust in man but the man failed him.
He thought it was just a normal bath but he learnt that later. He exhibited a sin hated so much by God: pride; because the Jordan he was condemning was where Jesus was baptised. But there is one major lesson again upon which we are going to conclude tonight and go into seven prayer sessions.
The number seven (7) is the most frequent number in the Bible. Infact it occurs in the Bible over 700 times so much that people call the number ‘the number of God’.
– God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh day.
– God commanded the Israelites to rest on the seventh day of the week. It is a holy sabbath day.
– if you read Revelation, you find it addressed to seven churches.
– if you read more, you begin to read about seven trumpets, seven bowls, seven candlesticks, seven seals and so on.
– in the Jewish calendar, they celebrate all kinds of feasts but they have seven major feasts.
– God told the Israelites that an animal must be at least seven days old before it could be used for sacrifice.
– the march around Jericho was for seven days with seven priests to blow seven trumpets outside the city wall.
There is something symbolic about the number seven. Elijah is trying to bring down rain, prayed the first time and asked his servant to go and check. The servant came back and said there was nothing. Elijah told him to go again for seven times, and on the seventh time he saw a figure like the hand of a man in the sky. Now this story of Naaman is reemphasizing this number seven. “Go, wash yourself in the river of Jordan seven times and thou shalt be made whole”.
The number (7):
– is the establishment of completion. Completion means whatever is started is finished and completed.
– is the establishment of rest. That is whatever you have started, you are going to complete it and you have the guarantee of resting.
– is a guarantee of victory. That is the mystery of the wall of Jericho falling down. People marched around the wall for seven days and on the seventh day they marched around the city once and shouted and after that, they blasted the trumpets seven times and the wall of Jericho fell down flat. Incase you are in a battle and trusting God, seven is a guarantee of victory.
– is an access to possession. These people accessed their possession. The wall of Jericho stood between them and their possessions. So you see this mystery of seven. Naaman the Syrian had to dip in seven times.
– is an establishment of restoration. The flesh of Naaman that was destroyed was restored. When you connect to the msytery of seven, you can be guaranteed about the mystery of restoration.
– symbolises the elimination of reproach. Leprosy itself is a reproach.
===> I am praying for somebody here today, anything that represents reproach in your life is eliminated here forever in the name of Jesus.
– is establishing perfection. Everything about Naaman was restored. Not that things just became normal, but whatsoever the leprosy had caused, was restored. This is the mystery of seven, that you connect to, in this story we are reading.
Tonight, I want you to force that mystery to happen in your life so that the hand of God will be with you. You know the Bible says the Lord will perfect everything that concerns you. It is that prayer we are going into now: a seven prayer fold system. There are only seven prayers but those are prayers with tentacles, so the prayer may stand for 200 prayers. Make sure you strike when the iron is hot and you do not miss any session.
(Pick any song of praises in your mouth and sing to God Almighty).
1. Power of hard labour programmed against my life, die in the name of Jesus.
2. Foundational evil pattern in my family, break in the name of Jesus.
3. Serpents of my father’s house, serpents of my mother’s house, swallowing good things in my life, die in the name of Jesus.
4. Witchcraft embargo on my rising and shining, scatter in the name of Jesus.
5. Powers that are saying I will not go far, you are liars, die in the name of Jesus.
6. Holy Ghost fire, scatter every witchcraft padlock assigned against my life, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every joint effort of the kingdom of darkness against my destiny, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
God bless you 🙏