MOUNTAIN OF FIRE & MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Lagos, Nigeria.
MANNA WATER SERVICE
Wednesday 12th August, 2020.
Ministering – Dr. D. K. Olukoya (G.O, MFM Worldwide)
TOPIC: MADNESS ACCORDING TO GOD
Anchored Scripture: John 2:20, John 3:4, John 4:15, John 8:22, John 11:12, James 1:27, Matthew 5:27, Ecclesiastes 9:3, Luke 6:11, Luke 15:17, Acts 7:54, 1 Corinthians 2:8, Jeremiah 25:16, Jeremiah 29:26, Deuteronomy 28:34, Ecclesiastes 7:7, Jeremiah 51:7, 1 Samuel 16:13-14
We are looking at what I call ‘Madness According to God’. It is a lamentable tragedy that men understand physical things more than the spiritual things.
Let’s do a small bible study on this.
– John 2:20. Here are the Jews, they confuse Christ’s bodily temple with earthly temple. Jesus was talking about the temple of His body, they understood it another way.
– John 3:4, look at Nicodemus; a ruler in the synagogue, a new birth was confused with physical birth. Men understand physical things than the spiritual.
– The same John 4:15, the woman confused the water of life with the physical water.
– In John 8:22 and John 11:12, you can can see spiritual bondage confused with physical slavery.
Your definition of things beloved, may sometimes be different from God’s definition. For example, men define religion as ‘man seeking God and try to please Him’ but in James 1:27; there is a definition.
In Matthew 5:27, adultery is redefined. You may define it in your own way, but God has His own definition. Heaven’s vocabulary is different from our vocabulary. In heaven, death is sleep.
What is ‘madness’ according to God?
The Bible makes us to understand that there are various levels of madness. Most people define madness as a state of mental sickness but what did Jesus say? What did the Bible say?
– In Ecclesiastes 9:3, the crooked manner of the heart of man which the Bible say ‘is desperately wicked’ is madness. By bible definition, it is madness.
– In Luke 6:11, you can see the prodigal nature of the sons of men; the Bible calls it madness.
– In Luke 15:17, you can see the resistance towards blunt truth is madness.
– In Acts 7:54, the intentional deafness to that which will benefit a person is madness.
– In 1 Corinthians 2:8, when you kill your benefit; when you hit your seat, then it’s madness. The strange infatuation to sins by men, is madness.
Men trying to play God, is madness.
Are you mad? I hope not. If you are, repent!
We are looking at the categories of people the Bible calls ‘mad’:
– In Jeremiah 25:16, invasion by the sword of the enemy makes some people mad.
– In Jeremiah 29:26, self exhortation to where God did not put you is madness.
– In Deuteronomy 28:34, suffering energized by God’s judgement will result to madness.
– Beholding the magnitude of problems and person lost reasoning completely, it is madness.
– In Ecclesiastes 7:7, we read about another form of madness. Oppression leads to madness. There are those who are mad because they are oppressed.
– Then, Jeremiah 51:7; sin is madness.
– In 1 Samuel 16:13-14, it is clear that demons and satanic attack can result to madness.
These are Bible madness descriptions. Are you guilty of any of those things I mentioned? You are regarded as a mad man in scripture.
Another group apart from the following things, there are some other groups that are regarded as ‘madness’ according to God:
– Personal antagonism: you’re fighting yourself. Fighting your wife is fighting yourself. You’re actually waging war against your life, it’s madness.
– Playing with your call. God has called you, you’re playing with that call like Samson did, like Jonah did; it is madness.
– When you exhibit a clear disobedience to a clear command from God; you’re a mad person.
– When you’re twisting Gods commandment, you’re modifying it to suit your purpose like Lot; it is spiritual madness.
– When you ascribe God’s glory to yourself or to idols; it is madness.
– When you have uncontrollable temper, it’s madness. When you get angry, nobody can control or hold you; you’re a mad man.
– When you engage in folly or foolishness, engaging it that which does not make sense; it is madness.
– When you now begin to make yourself equal to God, you have met so many people who call themselves Jesus Christ, some even call themselves the Holy Spirit, as far as the bible is concerned; they are mad like Nebuchadnezzar became mad.
So bible words to describe madness includes:
1. To exhibit fierce rage,
2. To be furious against
3. To be without understanding
4. To act contrary to mind and clear thinking is evidence of madness.
Beloved, There are multitudes, of troubled hearts and spirits in our midsts.
There are many cases of:
– Partial madness,
– occasional madness,
– Induced madness
– Remotely induced madness in our midst working against the lives of people.
What are the symptoms of spiritual madness?
– Unexplainable fear. You’re afraid when nobody is pursuing you.
– Uncontrollable anger and you start running tantrums and temper; you’re a mad person.
– Unexplainable depression, any small thing makes you depressed and unhappy.
– Compulsory desire to curse God and to blaspheme.
– Hatred of the Bible. Some people actually hate the word of God.
– Suicidal or murderous thoughts.
– Having this deep feeling of bitterness and hatred toward those for whom has no reason to fell that way; it is madness.
– Compulsory temptation which seems to force you into thoughts or behavior which you truly do not want to think of doing.
– Desire for tearing other people down, even if it means telling lies to do so; you’re a mad person.
– Terrifying seizures or panic.
– Feelings of tightness in the brain, in the eyes; making you to think negatively.
– Sudden surges of violent rage, it is madness.
– Restlessness and sleeplessness.
– Self inflicted injuries.
Those fourteen groups of people are spiritually mad.
Are you mad? I hope not. If you are, repent!
What are the sources of spiritual madness?
1. The Environment: our environment unfortunately threatens mental health. Advances in technology sometimes has helped to confuse the brain of many. Many travel 20 kilometers to work and bank. Fire has to go into your blood and change those bad things so that you can be what God wants you to be.
2. Demonic attacks: the existence of spiritual enemy is a reality whether we believe it or not. The wicked constantly issues challenges, the wicked choose their time to attack, the wicked forces are always persistent. Jesus himself was bombarded by the tempter.
3. Influence: lives of men affect each other. Your life will affect somebody as well as being affected by other people. Every man is a starting point for good or for bad in the history of human race. A lot of spiritual madness are acquired through unfriendly friends who gives bad advice, through evil association that normally destroy good things.
4. Destiny: man is a free creature created with their own free choice. Destiny is fixed by the choice of the human will, which selects for itself either heaven or hell. Life is a workshop of eternity, your choices determines your destiny. Although we are born with tendencies which we do not choose, we have our will given to us by God. If we refuse to exercise our will against evil, we cause problem for others.
5. Spiritual madness can also be caused by un-teachableness.
6. It can also be caused by pride.
7. It can also be caused by feeling to arrogant to listen to the things of God.
8. It can also be caused by you refusing to learn the truth.
If the spiritual madness is not arrested, other evil things will now crawl in like:
– Personality disorders.
– Guilt and condemnation
– Mind blankness.
Today is a day, to resist all the forces of madness beginning from the environmental forces and going through all those powers that causes spiritual madness.
What is the way out of this?
– You need surrender your life to Jesus.
– You need to repent from every known sin.
– You need to know that your definition is not heaven’s definition. The Bible calls a lot of group of people fools. You need to know what you thought was something else, heaven has its own definition.
– You need to sit down and think and reassess your life and see areas where you can adjust yourself accordingly.
– You need to barricade your life against the spirit of spiritual madness.
God bless you in Jesus name, Amen!
After Ministration prayers by Daddy G.O:
Time to pray now, and I want you to pray from your heart. These are strange times, it requires strange prayers. Can you shout this loud and clear:
1. I fire back every arrow of frustration by the power in the blood of Jesus in the name of Jesus!
2. I fire back every arrow of spiritual madness in the name of Jesus!
3. I fire back every arrow of confusion in the name of Jesus!
4. Every spirit of backsliding, I bind you and cast you out in the name of Jesus!
The following seven prayers are to be prayed like a man or woman from another world. This is not a day to negotiate, can you shout this loud and clear:
5. Arrows fired into my body to cause infirmity, backfire in the name of Jesus!
6. Powers firing arrows into my body to frustrate me, I command you to die in the name of Jesus!
7. Powers mocking my life, be disappointed in the name of Jesus!
8. Every instrument of darkness hiding in me, go back to your senders in the name of Jesus!
9. Strange fingers assigned to scatter my joy, wither in the name of Jesus!
10. By the power in the blood of Jesus, I refuse to be my own battle in the name of Jesus!
11. Envious enemies seeking to see my nakedness, be disgraced in the name of Jesus!
12. My star, hiding inside the rock of darkness,; be released by fire in the name of Jesus!
13. Arrows pushing me to walk in to dangerous places, backfire in the name of Jesus!
14. Demonic bullets hiding in my destiny, backfire in the name of Jesus!
15. Evil waters assigned to swallow me, backfire in the name of Jesus!
16. Every problem coded into my destiny, catch fire and burn to ashes in the name of Jesus!
17. Any power detaining my destiny, I pull you down in the name of Jesus!
18. Powers planning desolation for me, be desolate in the name of Jesus!
19. Every power sending strange fire into my life, receive the slap of the angels in the name of Jesus!
20. Wicked elders placing load on my head, carry your load and go in the name of Jesus!
21. Any careful siege of the enemy in my dream, backfire in the name of Jesus!
22. Every pit the enemy has dug for me, fall into your pit in the name of Jesus!
23. Any satanic trap set for me, catch your owner in the name of Jesus!
24. Where is the Lord God of Elijah, arise; and let my story change in the name of Jesus.
Year 2020: ‘Our year of spiritual revival and new glory’