MOUNTAIN OF FIRE & MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Lagos, Nigeria.
SPECIAL MANNA WATER SERVICE
Wednesday 26th August, 2020.
TOPIC: CONFRONTING DEMOTIVATING POWERS
Ministering: Dr. D. K. Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
Text: Ps. 8:1-9, Eccl 9:10, Col. 2:3; 3:23, 1 Cor. 15:58, Romans 12:11, Phil. 4:13; 4:19, Isa. 40:28-31, Prov. 27:17, 2 Tim. 1:7; 1 Tim. 4:12, Ezra 10:4, James 1:12, Prov. 14:23, Prov. 10:4-5, Prov. 12:11.
WHAT IS MOTIVATION?
– Motivation is the stimulation, the direction and persistent of behaviour.
– Motivation is that inner power or energy that pushes one towards performing a certain action.
– Motivation is the push, the initiative and the willingness to take action.
– Motivation is stimulation towards actions
– Motivation is producing or providing an incentive for action.
– Motivation is provision with a motive
– Motivations are features arousing an organism to action towards a desire goal.
– Motivation is that which gives purpose and direction to behaviour.
– To motivate is to arouse, stimulate, instigate, drive, galvanise, inspire, provoke, impact courage, inspiration and resolution. It is to embolden, inflame, trigger, work up something, driving force
– Motivation is an impulse that causes a person to act.
– Motivation is an internal process that makes a person move towards a goal.
– Motivation is that which get a behaviour started and keep it going
– Motivation is the difference or gap between what needs to be done and what is not being done.
– Motivation is the energiser of behaviour and mother of all actions.
– Motivation is married to desire and ambition
– Motivation increases initiatives
– Motivation gives direction, courage and energy.
– It is the persistence to follow one’s goal.
– It is that which strengthens one’s vision to pursue
– It can be applied to every action and goal.
Motivation is one of the most powerful keys to success.
A motivated person is a happier person.
Motivation like intelligence cannot be directly observed but can be discerned by noting a person’s behavior.
A Christian motivator tells others what is right and also show them how to discover what is right through Bible study, prayerful analysis and deliverance.
A Christian motivator teaches wisdom in applying Biblical principles to life. He is not like a worldly motivator who can push you forward but when you are attacked, he cannot help you.
– Motivation helps you to get started
– Motivation helps to keep you moving
– Motivation makes you go far distance than necessary.
– Motivation can persuade, propel and convince people to act.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF MOTIVATION
1. Achievement Motivation: the drive to pursue and attain goals.
2. Competence Motivation: the drive to be good at something.
3. Power Motivation: the drive to influence people, change situation and make impact.
4. Attitude Motivation: how people think and believe in themselves.
PRINCIPLES OF MOTIVATION
1. In order to accomplish anything, you need a driving force, otherwise nothing will happen.
2. A wish is not strong enough to make you take action.
3. Hunger, sexual drive are motivators in their own wise but there is negative and positive motivation.
There is Christian Motivation. In Christian motivation;
1. People are warned of the destructiveness of sin.
2. People are convinced of the correctness and urging of divinely ordained goals.
3. People are eager to ask and keep acting to reach those goals regardless of what others do or think.
Unless people have spiritual understanding, we may be manipulating them instead of motivating them.
– Willingness to exercise high level of exercise towards goal is motivation.
– Being willing to a healthy lifestyle is motivation
– Motivation is picking up yourself after a fall.
– Motivation is inspired will-power.
– Motivation is state of encouragement to do something
– Motivation is the drive to want to succeed in what you do.
– Motivation is producing inspiring work to produce best result.
WHAT TO LEARN WHEN YOU ARE A STUDENT IN THE SCHOOL OF MOTIVATION?
You must learn;
1. releasing the past
2. the secret of success
3. possibility thinking.
4. how to dream big dreams.
5. constructive thinking
6. destroying destructive habits
7. how to deal with negative routines
8. how to develop a team spirit.
9. the power of laughter and smile
10. about the spirit of excellence
11. role models
12. goal setting
13. discovery of purpose
14. the mystery of change
15. how to destroy fear
16. how to encourage yourself in the Lord
17. about the tragedy of procrastination
18. about bad companies and good companies
19. about the power of the tongue
20. about when to shut up
21. about the power of information
22. about the principles of confidence in the Lord
23. about the power of opportunities and time
24. about your location and allocation
25. about the mystery of open heavens
26. wise eating
27. about burn-out
28. about humility
29. about climbing to the top of your mountain
30. about how to deal with stress
32. about to finish what you started
33. about knowledge
PRAY: Powers, assigned to make me tail and not the head, die, in the name of Jesus.
WHAT ARE THESE DEMOTIVATING POWERS?
1. Sin: every sinner is fighting against God. It will escort you to places you do not want to go.
3. Sexual perversion: any sexual act is a spiritual transaction.
===> Any arrow of sickness, fired into your life to demote you, shall backfire, in the name of Jesus. (7 Amen)
9. Character Disorder: your character is what you are in darkness when no one is there.
11. Evil imagination
12. Lack of vision
15. Biblical illiteracy
16. Evil counsel
17. Evil companion
19. Drug addiction
21. Inferiority complex
22. Attitudinal disorder
WHAT TO DO?
1. Surrender your life to the Lord Jesus Christ
2. Repent from every known sin
3. Wage war against these demotivating powers.
1. Powers, mounting a siege against my destiny, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every atmosphere of trouble around me, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
3. Arrows, fired to demote my life, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
4. Holy Ghost arise, drain every poison out of my body, in the name of Jesus.
5. Covenant of failure and demotion, assigned against my life, break, in the name of Jesus.
6. Covenants that have sold my life to problems, break, in the name of Jesus
7. The secret of the joy of the enemy over my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
8. Voices from my foundation, assigned to demote me, be silenced, in the name of Jesus.
9. Battles from the grave, assigned to make me restless, die, in the name of Jesus.
10. Every arrow of disgrace, I am not your candidate, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
11. Spirit of the grave, assigned to swallow me, swallow your sender, in the name of Jesus.
12. Powers, assigned to sell my glory in the house of darkness, your time is up, die, in the name of Jesus.
13. Every battle, growing against me, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
14. The battles that my parents fought and did not finish it, I overcome you by fire, in the name of Jesus.
15. Let every strange mountain, confronting me, be scattered, in the name of Jesus.
16. Powers, assigned to quench the light of my glory, die, in the name of Jesus.
17. Every storm of problems, sent against me, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
18. Arrows that have stolen from me, be broken by the power of God.
19. Sharp teeth of the enemy, assigned to bite me, wither, in the name of Jesus.
20. Powers, appointing me to be a carrier of problems, die, in the name of Jesus.
21. O God arise and waste any power that wants to waste me with sickness, in the name of Jesus.
22. I shall arise and shine by the power in the blood of Jesus.
Year 2020: ‘Our year of spiritual revival and new glory’