MFM Special Manna Water Service LIVE BROADCAST
Topic: Spiritual Defensive Strategies
Ministering: Dr D.K Olukoya (G.O, MFM Worldwide)
Anchored Scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:17, James 4:7, 1 Peter 5:8-9, 2 Timothy 2:26, Ephesians 6:13, 2 Peter 3:17, 1 John 4:1-3; Hebrews 12:1, 2 Timothy 2:3-4, Ephesians 4:17-32, Ephesians 6:10-18
Today, we are looking at ‘Spiritual Defensive Strategies’. How to ensure that you’re spiritually saved. How to ensure that you’re spiritually protected, spiritual defensive strategies.
How do you ensure your spiritual defense? What do you do to keep yourself safe from all the spiritual attacks around, from all the spiritual arrows fired everyday? I’m going to list these strategies one by one.
1. The first defensive strategy that you need is new birth. 2 Corinthians 5:17. This is the foundational problem of the church that majority of those who come to church are simply not born again. In fact, as a matter of fact; many are actually born against instead of being born again. Those who are born again don’t steal, don’t tell lies, don’t commit fornications because old things are passed away and all things are become new.
It is time to re-access the salvation that you claim to have. New both is the foundation of everything and once that place is wrong, other things will go wrong. Once that foundation which is new birth has a problem, other things too will go wrong. So the first key if you want to be spiritually protected, if you don’t want the enemy to turn you to meat;is get born again. Give your life to the Lord Jesus Christ, surrender your life to Him.
2. The second key is to submit and resist. I call it ‘submit and resist’. Look at James 4:7. If the devil is not fleeing from you, check the kind of resistance you are giving. Check whether you are submitted to God or not. To submit to God means that God has overall control over your life totally. You have no life of your own, God is your life. God controls your life,everything you do is under divine control. Submit yourself unto God and then resist. 1 Peter 5:8-9. Many try to resist the devil without submission and then problems come.
Total defeat will always come when you put God in the second place and anywhere God is put in the second place or the last place; there is always tragedy and confusion. God should be in the first place. You will only be able to resist satan only as you submit to God. To resist is to stand firm against and oppose the enemy at every point. To resist is to be humble, not to be arrogant, not allowing pride in our lives. If you allow pride, the enemy will do havoc with us.
3. Do not give place to the enemy. In Ephesians 4:27. Don’t leave room for satan to operate in your life. Remove all the ladders through which satan will operate. Know surely well that for the enemy to come against you and to succeed, there must be a ladder somewhere; an open door. Don’t dine with the devil. Don’t give place to the enemy at all. You give place to the enemy is to allow any sin in your life. You give place to the enemy when you are worldly in outlook and in behavior. You give to the when you keep repenting and going back into the same sin.
4. Recover yourself. 2 Timothy 2:26.
What owes it mean to recover yourself?
– It means take concrete spiritual step to stamp out bondage from your life.
– It means use biblical strategies to jump out from every satanic snares.
– It means break loose from what every bad habits, bad characters that has held you down.
5. Abstain from fleshly lust. Abstain means to keep yourself from something. To keep yourself from something and refuse to do the thing. That is what it means. The Bible makes us to understand that when you abstain, you save yourself a lot of headache. If you don’t drink alcohol, you cannot be addicted to alcohol. If you don’t smoke cigarette, you cannot be addicted to cigarettes. If you don’t take hard drugs, you cannot be addicted to hard drugs. Abstain from fleshly lust, abstain from fornication, abstain from adultery, abstain from immorality.
6. Shun every thing related to the enemy. 2 Corinthians 2:16. Once the thing is related to the enemy, shun it, don’t get involved in it.
7. Stand your against the enemy and defend what is rightfully yours. Ephesians 6:13
8. Beware of errors. Be very careful so that you don’t make mistakes that would make the enemy to jump into your life. 2 Peter 3:17
9. Try the spirit. Try the spirit will prevent deception. We must be able to discern whether this thing is of God or not of God. Whether what they are saying is of the devil or not of the devil according to 1 John 4:1-3
10. Shun false teachers. 2 John 10-11. When you receive false doctrines and false teachings, you become partakers of their evil. There are plenty of teachings going about that questions salvation, don’t be part of it.
11. Lay aside every weight of sin. Hebrews 12:1, 2 Timothy 2:3-4. Lay aside any worldly affair that will prevent you from being a good soldier of Christ. It is important you Kay it aside. To lay aside is a defensive weapon you must always take.
12. Put off all evil. Ephesians 4:17-32. Every evil behavior, when you put them off; is a defensive strategy and warfare.
13. Put on the whole armor of God. Ephesians 6:10-18. Here, it has explained to us the armor we should put on to defend ourselves. The truth protects us from deception. Righteousness protects us from unrighteousness. Peace protects us from confusion. Faith protects us from unbelief. Salvation protects us from bondage. So that is the progression.
The girdle of belt of truth protects us from deception of satan which can lead to unrighteousness which is sin. The breast plate of righteousness protects us from unrighteousness which can lead to confusion. The shield of faith protects us against unbelief which results in bondage. The helmet of salvation protects us from bondage. The sword of the spirit which is the word of God is used both for defensive and offensive weapon. And prayer is stated as the last. Aggressive prayers, violent prayers, accurate prayers will help us to protect ourselves against the works of the enemy.
God bless you in Jesus name!
After Ministration prayers by Daddy G.O:
It is time to pray now. I want you to really pray from your heart. These are warfare prayers:
1. Oh God arise, and put me in the envelope of the fire of the God of Elijah in the name of Jesus!
2. Unrepentant blockers of my joy, your time is up; die in the name of Jesus!
3. Blood of Jesus, overshadow my life in the name of Jesus!
4. By fire by force, I must prosper in any land where I am in the name of Jesus!
5. Father, arise for my sake and defend my interest in the name of Jesus!
6. Any sacrifice offered to block my progress, catch fire in the name of Jesus!
7. Every power assigned to make my life a bad example, die in the name of Jesus!
8. Arrows blocking my rain of blessings, backfire in the name of Jesus!
9. Declare this ten times: The finger of the enemy shall not prevail over my life in the name of Jesus!
10. Wherever I go, favor of Jehovah; overshadow my life in the name of Jesus!
11. Any cage that has refused to let me go, break in the name of Jesus!
12. Powers assigned to destroy my ladder of greatness, die in the name of Jesus!
Now shout this loud and clear:
13. The finger of the enemy assigned to frustrate me, wither in the name of Jesus!
14. Oh God arise and give me prophetic dreams in the name of Jesus!
15. Oh God arise and give me prophetic eyes in the name of Jesus!
16. Every eye of witchcraft observing me for destruction, scatter in the name of Jesus!
17. Every blockage and hindrance arrange in my way, scatter in the name of Jesus!
18. Any satanic fire assign to burn my properties, die in the name of Jesus!
19. Anointing of divine battle axe, fall upon me in the name of Jesus!
20. Any power assigned to sink my blessings, I sink you now in the name of Jesus!
21. Any satanic contractor hired against my progress, die in the name of Jesus!
22. Every stronghold holding my acceleration, scatter in the name of Jesus!
23. Anywhere my name is mentioned in the covens, let fire all upon the covens in the name of Jesus!
24. Powers assigned to eat my flesh and drink my blood, eat your own flesh and drink your own blood in the name of Jesus!
25. Wherever I go, power of God; fight for me in the name of Jesus!
Year 2020: ‘Our year of spiritual revival and new glory’