MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Lagos, Nigeria.
Power Must Change Hands
August 5th, 2023.
Topic: THE BATTLE AGAINST CRYPTIC DEMONS
Text: 1 Samuel 19:23–24, Acts 7:47–50
Minister: Dr. Daniel Olukoya (G.O. MFM Worldwide).
Today, we are taking everybody here into a school of deliverance. And you will do well to pay close attention. Some come to church with a situation; the situation disappears and just goes away. But after a while, they notice that those problems that left have now started to find their way back. Why? Why should somebody come with a situation like sickness or emotional distress, and eventually, after those things are gone, they sort of stage a comeback and sometimes even kill the person?
There are two explanations for this:
1. Incomplete deliverance medication: a patient who did not complete the medication. It is like someone who has malaria and was given a medication to take twice a day, but he did not take it that way. He took it once a day, and because he felt better, he stopped, and the sickness came back. It is because he did not complete the medication.
There are plenty of people who come to church behaving like that. The reason they are behaving strange and funny is because they never completed their deliverance medication.
2. The second one is the problem of cryptic demons. They just hide. When you pray, they dodge. They try to endure the fire you are pouring on them. They know that you will soon stop the prayer. Then they come back.
1 Samuel 19:23–24 (KJV): “And he went thither to Naioth in Ramah: and the Spirit of God was upon him also, and he went on, and prophesied, until he came to Naioth in Ramah. And he stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Wherefore they say, Is Saul also among the prophets?”
Here was a man prophesying by the spirit of God and, at the same time, removing his clothes and rolling on the floor naked. Two spirits on a man. The spirit of God was using him, and the devil was also using him. It remains cryptic until something happens and provokes it. Demons are unconfirmed fallen angels. And they are of various hierarchies. Their job is to assist the devil in the various wickednesses that he does. The Bible says that demons are evil, unclean, and very wicked. They are:
– purposeful; they know what they are doing.
– very very cunning.
– liars. Sometimes, when prayers are going on, they will shout, “Man of God, leave us alone! We have gone out!”. Now, if you have gone out, why are you still talking?
– Demons can be violent.
– They torture people.
– They are murderers.
If you go into the psychiatric hospitals, you will see a lot of demonic activities that drugs cannot deal with. Demons are shapeless spirits, always looking for human bodies to live in. They oppose God and wage war against His people. The majority of sicknesses and diseases are from the hands of demons. They seek to invade human bodies. When they are able to take over the life of a person, they now begin to control that person. The person’s personality and behaviour will change, and you will begin to wonder what has happened to such a person.
That is what deliverance ministers call “possession”. The demons have come in, are suppressing the human spirit, and have taken over the life of the person.
🔥 I am praying for anyone listening to me, that if demons have taken possession of your life, they must lose their hold! in the name of Jesus.
Now, the cryptic demons are:
– secret demons.
– ambiguous demons. They are capable of more than one interpretation.
– masquerading demons. They are there, hiding.
– mysterious demons. They often mask themselves with a complicated cover. Some deliverance ministers call them “coded demons”.
– Dark demons.
– confounding demons.
– camouflaging demons.
– concealing demons. No wonder the psalmist says, “The strangers shall fade away, and be afraid out of their close places.” These are demons hiding in close places.
They can escort a man or woman from the cradle to the grave. They can remain hidden in life until certain situations provoke them. They can barricade themselves from the barrage of spiritual attacks. You keep going for deliverance, but they keep dodging the deliverance prayers and staying hidden until they are thoroughly and truthfully challenged. It is that challenge we need to start with them this morning. When you challenge them, then they will have to react. But you have to challenge them properly.
We have seen very decent people dressed in three-piece suits and looking very nice, but by the time prayers started, the demons in them started shouting back at us and saying, “Why did we come here today? We have been hiding in his life for years. He is an elder in the church. We tried to make him not come here. Ooooh, why did we come to this place of fire?”. So the thing was inside him. It did not prevent him from preaching. It did not prevent him from doing Bible lessons. It did not prevent him from doing praise worship. Those things do not bother them.
They stay there, hidden, waiting for your unguarded hour. And then people begin to wonder and say, “What happened? But this man is a pastor.” It is because there were cryptic demons hiding in those lives and building a stronghold for themselves. The cryptic demons could be resistant to all kinds of attacks. If you call one weapon, it does not touch them. You may keep calling, and it does not affect them until it gets to the one that enters their blood. Then there is a violent reaction. They have the capacity to lie low for a long time, as if they are not there.
I feel very sad as I talk to you today about my times as a young believer when I was very ignorant. In a wedding ceremony, the wedding was concluded, and they were dancing out of the church to the popular “all will be well” hymn. Immediately they stepped outside, and the bride began to tear her clothes. They rushed at her to prevent her from tearing herself naked, but she overpowered them, tore herself naked, and ran only in underwear. The bridegroom started to cry, but crying does not impress demons. We were so ignorant that we did not know that it was a demonic attack.
They said, “Oh, she ran mad on the day of her wedding,” but no, there was a cryptic demon there with an instruction to stay there and manifest on the day she was to be married. That was what happened. If I knew what I know now, I would have been able to step in and say, “No! You, the stubborn spirit husband working through the cryptic demon, let her go!” A command like that would have caused deliverance, and there would have been joy that day. Looking back now, I feel really sad because I would have been able to step in and act.
That is the first one. Ignorance in the spirit realm is not an excuse. There was a second story like this. This was also at a wedding, and the pastor asked the woman, “Will you take this man as your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish, until death do you part?” She said “No”. The pastor thought she did not hear it very well. He started again and asked the woman the same question, and she replied, “I said no!” All of us ignorant people sitting there did not know that she was seeing a spirit husband there telling her, If you say yes, you are gone’.
If I knew what I know now, then, it cannot happen that you will come to the altar of MFM to say no, when it is not that you were drunk before you came here. I would just say “No problem, take her to the back”. After pouring some fire prayer on her head, return her back to the same altar and ask her the same question again. That is what we should have done in those days, but we did not know any better.
🔥 I am praying for anyone here: if there is a hidden stranger in your spirit that has been troubling your life in hiding, receive your deliverance! in the name of Jesus.
Listen: The first man in the Bible to bring an acceptable offering to God was a man called Abel. After Abel, men began to build altars to God. In the wilderness, the children of Israel made tabernacles. God taught them how to make tabernacles, although the tabernacle was a shadow of heavenly things to come. So all the time they were moving about in the wilderness, they were carrying the tabernacles about. When Israel eventually settled in the land, they needed a place of worship.
David conceived the idea of building a temple. But God said, “No, your child will build it. You cannot build it, because you are a man of war and you have shed too much blood”. So Solomon was the first man to build a temple in Israel. There was a problem. That time, God was in the temple. God was not in their lives. So they messed up. That temple that Solomon built is indescribable to modern-day man. What happened to that temple? It was destroyed. God folded His hands and watched it being destroyed by the Babyloanians.
Seventy years after that temple was destroyed, the Israelites came back from captivity. They tried to rebuild that temple, but it did not look like the former one. It did not have the majesty and glory of the first one. During the time of Jesus, Herod the Great began to renovate that temple. He spent 46 years renovating that temple, yet Jesus looked at the temple and said, “Do you see this temple standing here? A time is coming that there shall not be one stone upon each other that will not be thrown down”. Jesus said it would be destroyed, and it was destroyed.
Even while it was standing, men, energised by the devil, did the wrong things, like buying and selling inside that temple. So the Bible talks about only three temples:
1. The temple that Solomon built.
2. The temple that Herod repaired.
God stood by and watched those two temples destroyed. Because there was a third temple. It is that third temple that is of interest to us today. What is that third temple? We find it in Acts.
Acts 7:47–50 (KJV): “But Solomon built him an house. Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? Hath not my hand made all these things?”
3. The third temple is the temple of our lives. So as you are there, you are the temple of the most high God, the place God wants to dwell. The Bible says “I am fearfully and wonderfully made”. A man is a spirit living in a body and having a soul. You see, that body has three departments:
– the flesh.
– the bones.
– the blood.
Those three areas that I just mentioned can be inhabited by demons. They can become habitations of bondage. Those three areas of a man’s life can be caged. That is why it is possible that a demon can be in the flesh of a man and not the spirit, and the person is speaking in tongues, because speaking in tongues is of the spirit, but the demons are tormenting the body. So the body can be inhabited by unclean spirits. And when they get into a person’s body, they have a choice of three places: either the flesh, the bones, or the blood.
🔥 I am praying for anyone here, like the Bible says, “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me; the strangers shall submit themselves unto me. The strangers shall fade away, and be afraid out of their close places.”: Every stranger in the flesh, every stranger in the bones, every stranger in the blood, get out now! Receive your deliverance! in the name of Jesus.
Now, to the soul. It is also divided into three, and all three can be in bondage. All three can become habitations of the devil. It is divided into:
– the mind. What somebody is thinking about in their mind can be infiltrated by bad spirits. Some people come to me and say, “Pastor, I do not know why I am always thinking of evil…” The reason you keep thinking of evil is because you are evil. It has entered the heart.
– the will. It is also an arena where the enemy can take control. It will just be controlling the person. It takes over the will of the person. The person will be doing all the wrong things in everything they do. They will make the wrong decisions all the time. What a shame that a lifeless object like alcohol that cannot talk or walk in a bottle, will be controlling a fully grown man, throwing him into the gutter and all over the place?
We just got back from the United States of America. It is very very depressing to see people walking on the streets that drugs have destroyed. They walk like zombies on the streets, remove their clothes, roll on the ground, and stagger on the streets in broad daylight. It is a shame that a lifeless object like cocaine or marijuana is not controlling a whole human being. But it is not their fault. There is a spirit behind it. The creature is made subject to vanity (Romans 8:20).
– the emotions. Can also be caged by demons. Demons are inside the person’s emotions. Any small thing makes you start crying. Or you become scared. Somebody threatens you; you are afraid. The emotions are in turmoil.
All those three areas can be inhabited by demons, and that is what I am trying to explain to you. It can even be cryptic. That is why somebody will say, “What? I am shocked. I have never seen this side of this man or woman.” It has always been there, just in hiding.
Now, the spirit. The spirit has three departments, and all three departments can either be occupied by God or the devil.
– knowledge. It can be inhibited.
– communication. It can be broken.
– conscience. It can be inhibited. It can be compromised.
Demons can stay in any of the departments, and this is why we need prayers, which we cannot conclude today. We have to continue at the next Power Must Change Hands programme.
When demons are attacking human beings, they have 10 modes of attack:
1. The strike-and-go: they will strike the person and run away. You will not be able to know where the attack is coming from. They come back, strike again, and go.
🔥 I am praying for someone here—every power hiding in darkness to strike you and go back into hiding, I bury them now! in the name of Jesus.
2. The hit-and-run: these ones will hit a person, wound the person dangerously, and run off. They do not come back. They are not like strike and go.
3. Fiery darts (Ephesians 6:16): they do not move close to you; they just stay far away and begin to fire the arrows. The person will not know what is going on. That is why we pray a lot of “backfire” prayers here. And the reason they hide behind arrows is because they do not want you to know where they are coming from. The person will be feeling the arrows but will not know the source of the arrows. When you say ‘backfire’, you are just asking it to go back to where it came from. You did not create the arrows.
===> I am praying for anyone here who is consciously or unconsciously incubating any arrows of darkness, I command the arrows to backfire! in the name of Jesus.
4. Strongholds. They build a stronghold in the person’s life. It is like they have built a flat, prepared to stay with the person till the person dies.
5. Guardian spirits. They just follow the person about. He goes for an interview, but they fail him. He goes for an exam, and they take away the papers. He wants to do marriage; they scatter it. They are the owners of bad luck. They are evil guardian angels, which in Nigerian English we refer to as “follow-follow” spirits. They follow the person to a place of breakthrough and make sure he does not have anything to rejoice about.
It is a very terrible matter. Sometimes, when people come for counselling, you see some of these spirits following them. We do not scare people here in MFM; we just give them prayers. But sometimes it can be quite scary what you see following some people. I have seen a man being followed by a crippled person with a bundle of rags on his head. He is a professor, and I did not want to scare him. But when he began to talk, I understood. He had put all his retirement benefits into one business to bring goods to Nigeria, and the ship sank. Nothing destroyed that ship; it was that demon.
6. The cursing powers: they rely on curses. Their duty is just to ensure that the curses issued on a person come to pass.
7. The marriage powers: they marry the person off in the spirit.
8. The covenant powers: the person forms a covenant with them, and they tell the person that he cannot go because the covenant is binding.
9. The staying or glueing powers: they are glued to a person so that he cannot separate his life from those powers. This is common with those who have come from families that worship idols. The idol power has been with them since they were in the womb, has been with them all their lives, and has just stayed glued.
10. The cryptic powers: they will just hide and not allow themselves to be exposed until they just start trouble.
Today, you and I have prayers to pray. We need to pray from our hearts. The prayer against cryptic demons is not a normal prayer. The kind of prayer that provokes them to jump out is the prayer where your hand, your leg, and your body will all know that you are praying. Certainly, if you are addressing cryptic demons, you have to pray violently. If not, you are wasting time, and they will just be laughing at you. But when you shout out like blind Bartimaues and say, “Look here! My life is not your tabernacle! You are in the wrong place! I challenge you to depart!”, Then you have started the warfare. You have declared war.
1. My hands, hear the Word of the Lord, prosper by fire! in the name of Jesus.
2. (Shout your name), hear the Word of the Lord, go forward by fire! in the name of Jesus.
1. Fire of God, blood of Jesus, sanitise my life! in the name of Jesus.
2. Any spirit of grave in my body, come out now! in the name of Jesus.
3. My body, my spirit, my soul, receive the fire of God! in the name of Jesus.
*CONFESSION & PRAYERS ON IMPLEMENTS OF LABOUR*
Father, I commit my implements of labour/career/business unto Your holy hands. Let these implements be enveloped with divine favour, prosperity magnet, breakthrough attractions, excellence, power to be a lender and not a borrower, positive story-changing anointing, uncommon breakthroughs, and coast enlargement, in the name of Jesus. I soak my labour/career/business implements into the blood of Jesus and in the fire of the Holy Ghost,in the name of Jesus.
1 . I break the curse of poverty in my life, in the name of Jesus.
2 . Every spirit drinking the blood of my blessing, I bind you, in the name of Jesus.
3. I rebuke every devourer in my finances, in the name of Jesus.
4. I dismantle any power working against my efficiency, in the name of Jesus.
5. Lord, let the riches of the Gentiles be transferred to me, in the name of Jesus.
6. O Lord, lead me to those who will bless me, in the name of Jesus.
7. Lord, let divine magnets of prosperity be planted in my hands, in the name of Jesus.
8. I will rise above the unbelievers around me, in the name of Jesus.
9. O Lord, make me a reference point of divine blessings, in the name of Jesus.
10. Lord, let the anointing of excellence fall on me, in the name of Jesus.
11. O Lord, network me with divine helpers, in the name of Jesus.
12. Lord, let all those who hate my prosperity be put to shame, in the name of Jesus.
13. I shall not die undiscovered, in the name of Jesus.
14. I shall not die unused and unsung, in the name of Jesus.
15. I shall not die unfruitful and unfulfilled, in the name of Jesus.
16. I shall not give up, because I have believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living, in the name of Jesus.
17. The wind of impossibility shall not blow in my direction, in the name of Jesus.
18. I receive the strength of the Lord to leap over the wall of impossibilities, in Jesus’ name.
19. By the power of the blood of Jesus, I receive miracles that will shock my friends and surprise my enemies, in the name of Jesus.
20. By the power that divided the Red Sea, Lord, let my way open, in the name of Jesus.
21. By the power that divided the Jordan River, Lord, let my unusual breakthrough manifest, in the name of Jesus.
22. O God of Elijah, arise, and make me a mysterious wonder, in the name of Jesus.
23. By the word of God, which cannot be broken, I move into my next level, in Jesus’ name.
24. My season of unusual laughter and victory dance, manifest, in the name of Jesus.
25. O Lord, reshuffle my environment to favour me, in the name of Jesus.
26. Every power, assigned to scatter my resources, dry up, in the name of Jesus.
27. Every power, assigned to suppress my elevation, die, in the name of Jesus.
God bless you🙏