MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Lagos, Nigeria.
Sunday Worship Service
May 22nd, 2022
Topic: UNDERSTANDEST THOU WHAT THOU READEST?
Text: Acts 8:25-30
Ministering: Dr. Daniel Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
There is so much happening in our world today. If you pick up your newspaper or your phone and read the news, you see so much happening everywhere whether in China, India, Japan, even in Nigeria here. Strange things that we never thought would happen twenty years ago are happening now. All kinds of earthquakes, waves, hijacking, terrorism are happening. Some of us just take our newspapers and read these things, but the question is: Understandest what thou readest?
There is so much being put on the Internet, magazines, newspapers, satellite, Facebook, everywhere; but do you understand all these things? Do you really understand why all these things are happening? Can you read between the lines? If you cannot understand it, then you need to ask for spiritual intelligence. There we see brother Philip. He left a big revival. God asked him to leave that big revival and go into the desert to go and minister to just one man.
===> I am praying for somebody here that the Lord will locate you for blessings, in the name of Jesus.
Philip left a big revival to go into the desert after just one person, who was reading the book of Isaiah in his chariot. And the kind of chariots they rode in those days is not like our kind of vehicles we have now today with pneumatic tyres that are comfortable. The Ethiopian was in that chariot reading a scroll that is not like our books of today which must have been uncomfortable for him. But as uncomfortable as it was, he kept reading that book. He was seeking for something. God saw his heart and then picked a man from a big revival to go after him. He was an Ethiopian, a black man; a Bible believing man.
That was how the gospel got to Africa through this Ethiopian man. So the gospel got to Africa before it got to Europe, before it got to America. That man was from Ethiopia. Ethiopia comes from two words “Ethios” meaning ‘dark’ or ‘burnt’ and “Pia” meaning ‘face’. So Ethiopia means dark face. The man was a eunuch, but He was not an ordinary man; he was hungry after God. He sought God. His heart was in it. He travelled all the way from Ethiopia to Jerusalem, he was seeking for something. When he got to Jerusalem, what happened dazed him. He was shocked. He saw people speaking in tongues, he saw all kinds of things happening, but he could not comprehend it.
But he knew that he could find the answer in the Bible. There was no New Testament then, it was just Old Testament in scrolls of leather and the man took it and was reading it. Herein lies a great mystery. Here was a man who was rich, resourceful, educated, had great authority, but knew that he was spiritually poor and was seeking something.
===> I am praying for somebody here: every spiritual dullness in our lives, may Jehovah destroy them today, in the name of Jesus.
One great need of the hour is spiritual development. Spiritual development now is not a luxury anymore. It is not a suggestion, it is a necessity. The children of darkness have changed their gear to gear number 5 and at that level, if you are not spiritually strong, there will be serious trouble. The rate at which men and women are going into the occult, going to dark powers shows that now, you must really develop yourself and be strong. Spiritual development is a necessity.
When you become spiritual, you will change your future. Being spiritual:
– will enable you to interact with the invisible world. There is no power in this visible world. There is power in the invisible world.
– will enable you to experience supernatural victories.
– empowers you to become a principal actor in your generation. So you must develop yourself. You must not be satisfied with the level you are now. Oh thank God you dream and it comes to pass. But do not wait there. Thank God you prophesy. Do not wait there. Thank God you occasionally receive word of knowledge, do not wait there. Thank God you have received the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Do not wait there. The enemy you are fighting is not standing still. That is why the Bible says “Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might”, because we have a strong enemy.
– will enable you to defeat both your seen and your unseen enemies.
– positions you against future hazards.
– empowers you to make the right decisions when you have decisions to make.
– is like a spiritual tonic; it makes you ageless.
– ensure you are not hopeless and it gives you peace and joy. Do not surrender your destiny to commercial prophets. Do not surrender yourself to people who say they will make you brilliant when they themselves are dull.
– things that baffle others do not baffle you at all.
– you trample upon powers that are trampling upon others.
So the higher you go spiritually, the more you defeat all enemies surrounding you. Over and over again I have told you here that a problem cannot be solved at the same level of the awareness of the power that created it. You have to go above that power.
===> I am praying that the Lord will help us in Jesus’ name!
We need spiritual intelligence at this hour. We need to look at things properly. We need to look at men not after the flesh but for who they really are. There are ten major characteristics of intelligence:
– having a good understanding.
– having high mental capacity.
– you are very quick to understand.
– being well informed.
– you practise sound thinking. Thinking is a very dangerous activity, that is why only few people think. Most of what people call thinking is worry and anxiety.
– having good reasoning faculty.
– having good judgment.
– having sharp discernment. That is, you can discern whether something is from God, from man or from the devil.
– being clever or bright or shrewd.
– you have capacity for grasping the truth.
If we translate these ten into the spiritual realm, then we will find out that a lot of christians are spiritually dull, and it is a very sad thing. The Bible says “my people perish for lack of knowledge”. Not the people of the world, but the people of God.
===> I pray that the Lord will damage our ignorance, in the name of Jesus.
You could be academically intelligent but spiritually dull. You could be financially intelligent but a spiritual dunce. For you to have spiritual intelligence, there are certain things you must know:
1. You must know your God (Daniel 11:32).
2. You must know yourself. Who really are you? What are you doing here? Are you just here to grow up, go to school, marry, get a job and die? Is that all you are here to do in this world?
3. You must know your enemies. Sometimes we think our enemies are our friends and our friends are our enemies. We make erroneous mistakes. Some even believe that they have families whereas really, if God opens their eyes, they will find out that they do not have any one.
4. You must know your destiny.
5. You must understand the times and seasons.
6. You must be a lover of the word of God and a lover of prayer.
7. You must know and learn the ministry of conflict. That is the prayer war that we wage. All the warfare we wage is ministry of conflict. Deliverance also is a ministry of conflict. Dreams and revelation to know the enemy’s position are part of the ministry of conflict. So you have to learn it. If you do not learn the ministry of conflict and you allow a witch or wizard to use you as chewing stick or suya meat, and while he is still eating your meat he comes to repent, the mystery of our faith is that Jesus will accept him; while meanwhile he has wasted people.
In any church you are going to that they are just giving you sugar every time, eventually you will find out that too much sugar will give you diabetes. You are a spiritual dunce when:
– you are lying to yourself.
– you are living in sin and you think God does not see you. You are a big fool indeed.
– you keep doing the same thing over and over and are expecting a different result.
– you are forgetting your quiet time. You leave your house without prayer or sleep without prayer.
– you never read the Bible deeply. The only scripture you know is when you have bad dreams.
– you forget your divine dreams after God shows you.
– you do not dream at all. The enemy has blocked your spiritual monitor.
– all the dreams you are always having are bad dreams. You never dream that you saw an angel or that God took you to heaven.
– You do not have vision, revelation or voice from heaven.
– You are addicted to anything. For some is cigarette, drugs, coffee, alcohol, pornography, soft drinks, or even sex. If you do not have it, your body starts shaking.
– You are not interested in adding knowledge to your knowledge.
This morning, we need to reject the school of the dunce and go to the school of the intelligent; and the way out of that is to first of all repent of our ignorance. The Bible says something very interesting in James 1. It says “is there any that lacks wisdom? Let him ask. Let him ask in faith”. So, ask for spiritual intelligence.
Where is the Lord God of Elijah? Arise, answer your name in my life, in the name of Jesus.
(Ask the Lord to forgive you for giving the devil chance to prey on you or cheat you; thereby not making you to be as intelligent as heavens want you to be).
1. Holy Ghost, incubate my spirit man, in the name of Jesus.
2. Power that cannot be insulted, come upon my life now, in the name of Jesus.
3. The enemies I have seen before, I shall see them no more; let them die, in the name of Jesus.
4. Where is the Lord God of Elijah? Break every spell away from my life, in the name of Jesus.
5. By the pillar of divine fire, the enemy shall seek for me and not find me, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every bad luck cast on me, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every good thing stolen from me, Angels of fire, recover them, in the name of Jesus.
8. The power that visited Pharaoh, visit my stubborn enemies by fire, in the name of Jesus.
9. Powers obstructing my progress, what are you waiting for? Die in the name of Jesus.
10. (Sit down and lay your two hands on your legs) I receive the washing of my feet by the power of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
11. My legs, hear the word of the Lord: carry me to my place of breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus.
God bless you 🙏