MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Lagos, Nigeria.
Sunday Worship Service
March 26th, 2023.
Topic: THE SCHOOL OF WINNERS (3)
Text: Deuteronomy 28:13; Proverbs 16:32; 1 Corinthians 9:26; James 2:17
Ministering: Dr. Daniel Olukoya (G.O. MFM Worldwide)
Deuteronomy 28:13 (KJV): “And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:”
We began to look at the school of winners sometime ago, and we said there are those at the top, there are those below, and there are those in the middle, just below average, and we began to study how to be in the school of winners.
1. The first key thing is that you must find God. If you have not found God, you have found nothing.
2. You must have a fighting spirit. You do not just give up; you give it a fight. We explained that life is sometimes very unfair. Life may not want to give you what you deserve; you need to fight for it.
3. We should form godly habits and become slaves to those godly habits.
4. You must persist until you succeed. Do not give up.
5. The fifth thing is that you must see your own uniqueness. Realise that God created only one of you. None that came before, none that is living today, and none that will come tomorrow can be exactly like you; it is not possible. So, God created each person as a unique creature. Everyone, in one way or the other is rare, and there is always value in being rare. All that God created and put on earth each have their own unlimited potential. A man or woman will stagnate, become rotten, and die if they do not use their God-given potentials.
No one is on this earth by chance. No one is on earth as an experiment. You are here for a purpose, and God has a blueprint for what He wants you to do here on earth. You need to grab that potential and stretch it until it cries out for mercy. This is why you must increase your knowledge. They say that knowledge is power. If you are not informed, you will be deformed. You must constantly seek to improve yourself. You must persist. You must know that you are unique, and you must remember that each victory you have makes the next struggle less difficult.
So, see your uniqueness. Stop comparing yourself to other people. The Bible says, “They comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.” You are you. He is him. She is her. So, stop comparing yourself to anyone.
6. Be a master of your emotions. We are talking about winners now, not ordinary people. The Bible says in Proverbs 16:32 (KJV): “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.” Listen very carefully: you are a weak person when your emotions control your actions. You are a very weak person when your anger has no shame. You can lose your temper anywhere. You do not even care who you are talking to. You think you are strong, but you are weak. It is a weakness. If you are not able to control your emotions, you are a weak person.
The Bible says if you are slow to anger, you are better than the mighty. But if your emotions are weak, it is a tragedy. The forces of darkness capture you very easily, using your weak emotions as a ladder. Do not allow self-pity, hatred for others, an inability to control your anger, malice, and envy to create a ladder for the enemy to attack you. The fact is this: by the time we are able to control our flesh, the majority of our warfare is over. Because for the enemy to come against you and succeed, there must be a ladder.
For some people, the ladder is:
– too much talking, or
– anger, or
– marital stress.
I will not be surprised if there is a husband and wife in this service sitting side by side and they came to church without talking to each other. They are just opening the family up for attacks. You must master your moods to control your destiny. Do not let people use your emotions against you. Control it. Be a master of it. Talk to yourself.
7. You must have a goal. 1 Corinthians 9:26 (KJV) says: “I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air.” A corn of wheat has 3 options:
– Either you feed it to people as food.
– Grind it for bread or
– You plant it to multiply.
You should not allow your life to be fed to swine. You should not allow the rocks of failure to grind your life. Set goals for each day. Set goals for the week. Set goals for the year.
Consider your best performance from the past and decide to multiply it. Aim for a higher standard. Somebody once said it was better to aim for the moon and strike an eagle than to aim for an eagle and strike at a rock. You must decide to climb higher than you have climbed today and make up your mind that you will go even higher tomorrow.
Do not commit the terrible crime of coming too low. As soon as you attain one goal, raise the bar higher. Make the next goal higher.
8. Be a person of action. James 2:17 (KJV) says: “Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.” All those dreams and visions you have are worthless unless you follow them through with actions. It is better to act and fail than not to act at all and die like a fowl. You must act now.
Only action will determine your value. Laziness must disappear from your spirit. Success is not a stable thing; it is moving. And the success will not wait for you. If you delay, it will run away forever. Prayer may be very powerful, but prayer alone is not always all.
Strength could be impressive, but strength without skill could be a risky task. Skills say much, but those skills without anointing are like a good engine without lubrication. Anointing is good; anointing glows. But anointing alone without skill is less helpful than anointing with skill. God used a mere stone in the hands of the young David to kill the mighty Goliath. But David took action. He had to look for those stones. The Bible says he had to look for the kind of stones he needed. He chose the right stones. Meaning that it was not that morning, when David saw Goliath, that he started learning how to throw stones; he had been learning it before.
It means that David was not new to catapulting. If he never previously learnt how to use the catapult, it would have been a great problem if it was just that day that he picked it up. What am I trying to tell you? If David knew nothing about stone throwing, maybe God would have had to use a different method that day. When Jesus needed money from the mouth of a fish, he did not send Matthew. Matthew was a tax collector. He sent Peter, who knew about fishing. He had a skill.
Major lesson here is this: God does not bless nothing. There have to be works that God can bless. You want God’s blessing? Then bring something in your hands—something that God can bless. You cannot keep praying and praying but take no action. You cannot stay at home, pray, and refuse to work because what will God bless? So, you must be a man or woman of action. We will stop here for now.
1. O God, arise; scatter the agreement of darkness over my star! in the name of Jesus.
2. Powers, monitoring my star for evil; you are liars; die! in the name of Jesus.
3. O God arise, speak deliverance unto my star! in the name of Jesus.
4. Powers, assigned to give my star to animals to feed on, your time is up; die! in the name of Jesus.
5. Powers attacking my star because of envy, die in the name of Jesus!
6. Where star hunters say I will not reach, I will get there by fire! in the name of Jesus.
7. Masquerades of my father’s house, dancing around my star, fall down and die! in the name of Jesus.
8. I soak this week in the blood of Jesus! (Shout this 3 hot times).
9. Angels of War, where are you? Arise! Turn my enemies upside down! in the name of Jesus.
10. O God of glory, put my mockers to shame! in the name of Jesus.
11. O God, arise, laugh my enemies to scorn! in the name of Jesus.
12. Every arrow, assigned to kill my favour, you are a liar; die! in the name of Jesus.
13. (Raise your right hand to the heavenlies.) Every periodic battle in my life, I cut you off! in the name of Jesus.
1. My Father, lead me to the people who will make my greatness manifest, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every battle that must die for me to be great, die, in the name of Jesus.
3. Doors of greatness, that are closed against me, open by fire, in the name of Jesus.
4. Every noise of Jericho against my greatness, die, in the name of Jesus.
5. O God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, arise; make me great in the name of Jesus.
God bless you🙏