MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
International Headquarters, Lagos, Nigeria.
Sunday Worship Service
November 27th, 2022.
Topic: WHEN THE ENEMY PURSUES
Text: Exodus 15:9, Deuteronomy 19:6, 28:22, 28:45, Ezekiel 35:6
Ministering: Dr. Daniel Olukoya (G.O MFM Worldwide)
This morning, I will like you to listen to me carefully as usual. In scriptures, there are six major evil pursuing powers. One of the saddest things that can happen in a man’s life is to be pursued and not to know. One of the saddest things that can happen to a man is for a man to be so close to being caught by the pursuer and not know.
The six pursuing powers:
1. According to scriptures, the first pursuing power is the enemy. (Exodus 15:9)
🔥 I am praying for someone here: every enemy that has started from your mother’s womb, to being a toddler, to being a teenager, to being a youth and till now that you are an adult, may they scatter this morning, in the name of Jesus!
2. The second pursuer is the avenger of blood (Deuteronomy 19:6). Unto every blood shed, there is an avenger of blood.
3. The third pursuer is sickness and calamity (Deuteronomy 28:22).
🔥 May sickness never pursue your life! May calamity never move close to your camp, in the name of Jesus.
4. The fourth pursuing power is curses (Deuteronomy 28:45). Curses have pursuing powers. That is why you find “like father, like son; like mother like daughter” problems, the same thing is pursuing them. That is why you find collective captivity.
5. The fifth pursuing power is blood itself (Ezekiel 35:6). Any blood that is shed, cries to God and the blood becomes a pursuer. Any abortion that is done where the life of a person is slipped away, that blood cries and it pursues.
6. The sixth power that pursues is darkness (Nahum 1:8).
🔥 I am praying for somebody here: any force of darkness pursuing you shall be sent back, in the name of Jesus.
There are two verses of scriptures that bother me seriously. These two verses create worry in my soul even as I am speaking to you now. These two verses are explaining many deep things to us and this is where we are going to, this morning. Please do some good thinking if you are a good minister of God with compassion and if you are interested in solution evangelism; you cannot help but sit down and cry and wonder why some things happen.
Let me ask you the questions I am asking:
– why should a witch threaten a child of God and that witch will still live to tell the story? It is abnormal. It is not supposed to be so.
– why should a child of the devil use strange powers on a so called “child of God” and that power prospers?
– why should somebody sit down and issue incantations against a child of God and the incantations are working against that child of God?
– how come so many believers who even after night prayers still get pressed by evil powers, trying to strangle them?
– why should the enemy be pursuing a child of God, catch him and sometimes mess him up?
That is why these two verses bother me:
Hosea 8:3 – Israel hath cast off the thing that is good: the enemy shall pursue him.
That is, the good thing that God has placed in your hand, you cast it off. So, since you have cast it off, the enemy will pursue you. It happened to Israel. The good things God placed in their hands like His laws, commandments, His worship, altar that He gave to them on a platter of gold, they cast them off. And for this singular reason, the enemy is pursuing believers today. This verse bothers me so much.
The second one bothers me even more:
Lamentations 1:6 – Lamentations 1:6 And from the daughter of Zion all her beauty is departed: her princes are become like harts that find no pasture, and they are gone without strength before the pursuer.
It is normal for the animal to be running and the hunter is pursuing the enemy with a gun. But it is abnormal when the hunter is running with his gun and it is the animal pursuing the hunter. But what is our position? Our position is not supposed to be the pursued. Look at the position the Almighty gave to us in Psalm 18:37. This is supposed to be our position. Whether we are in that position or not, is another thing.
The Bible’s position is that it is we that should be the ones pursuing our enemies. They are not supposed to be pursuing us, our money, our children or our businesses. But whether we are there or not is another story.
The Bible says “many are without strength before the pursuer”. Those things pursuing many, are beginning to catch up with them: anger, lust, fear, evil dreams, familiar spirits, witchcraft powers, bad luck, poverty, lukewarmness, backsliding, worldliness, immorality etc; that were never in their lives.
Are there not things that were never close to you at all, but are now all over you, dominating you? Are all the old sicknesses and oppressions not staging a comeback now? Did you not know that Jesus told that man at the pool of Bethesda “sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you”?
The blunt truth beloveth is that you are supposed to be the pursuer and not the pursued. Perhaps now you are already losing your prayer stamina. Your prayer life is an emergency prayer life. It is the prayer life of thirty minutes today, three days without prayer.
The fact is this, like Lot’s wife, many of us have looked back. Any small trial we face, we backslide. I want you to understand beloveth that God is pained in His heart that we are casting off the good things He has given to us; we are not guarding them well and the enemy sees that we have cast off what He has given to us, so they keep pursuing us. I ask you today: are you defending that thing that was committed to your care? Can the Almighty really trust you where you are?
In that place of work, are you a light there? When people get to your place of work, do they refer to you as a good person or a bad person? Many of us go to all kinds of places to waste our time. All the wasted hours will soon amount to wasted life.
The Lord requires our time; time you will certainly give an account of how you are spending the time He has given to you. When you steal money in your place of work, you are stealing time. You accept money for work you did not do, it is stealing, and you will one day give an account.
The Lord is depending on us to represent Him. The only gospel some people will ever receive is what they read in our lives. We are a living epistle, known and read by all men.
Listen beloveth: you will always find time for what you want time for. Time is valuable. But a lot of people are wasting their spiritual time away. Many people arrive in hell fire because they arrived one minute too late.
God is the owner of time. He has only entrusted it to our hands. We are only stewards of that time. You have to account for how you spent that time. Stop annoying and disappointing God for that time He has given to you. God has given you talents but are you putting it to any use? You cast it off with excuses like “I do not like what happened to me in my former church, so I do not want to work for God”. Are you using your talent to please God or to please the devil? Or are you hiding that talent?
God has given you a tongue to use to possess your possession and to cause deliverance. What are you using that tongue for, now? You say “I know I should not say this, but I must say it”, and those are words that you should not say at all. If you know when to talk and what to say, you become a powerhouse for Jehovah. A fool is always known by the multitude of his words. Your mouth is the door of your soul. Your tongue belongs to God; give it back to Him.
1. Battles at the edge of my breakthroughs, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
2. Road of affliction, hear the Word of the Lord, close! in the name of Jesus.
3. I recover tenfold, all my wasted years, in the name of Jesus.
4. O God arise, and catapult me to a greater tomorrow, in the name of Jesus.
5. Power of repeated problems, die in the name of Jesus.
6. Eaters of flesh and drinkers of blood, assigned against my life, destroy yourselves, in the name of Jesus.
7. By fire, by force, by thunder: let my story change, in the name of Jesus.
1. My Father, open my eyes; I want to see you, in the name of Jesus.
2. Altars of iniquity, in my life, die! in the name of Jesus.
3. Powers assigned to reverse my destiny, you are liars, die! in the name of Jesus.
4. Breakthrough killers, glory killers, assigned against my life; destroy yourselves, in the name of Jesus.
5. Environmental witchcraft, what are you waiting for? Scatter by fire! in the name of Jesus.
6. Haters of my helpers, your time is up, die in the name of Jesus.
7. My helpers, what are you doing in the cage of witchcraft? Jump out, in the name of Jesus.
8. Cage of darkness, holding my helpers, break! in the name of Jesus.
9. (Mention your name), hear the Word of the Lord, pursue your pursuers, in the name of Jesus.
10. (Mention your name), hear the Word of the Lord, experience the power of God, in the name of Jesus.
God bless you🙏